2015 North Texas Predictions

elig57

It's crazy but 3-9 or 9-3 I am so looking forward to this season! Huntington Nashville knoxville Hattiesburg Ruston and a new orleans weekend after the southern miss game, life is good. Oh yeah and that beat down we will put on smu while outnumbering their fans in droves..:.next year is going to be a blast! GMG

• Upvote 1

It's crazy but 3-9 or 9-3 I am so looking forward to this season! Huntington Nashville knoxville Hattiesburg Ruston and a new orleans weekend after the southern miss game, life is good. Oh yeah and that beat down we will put on smu while outnumbering their fans in droves..:.next year is going to be a blast! GMG

Wish I could, but hard for me to enjoy a road trip road game when UNT loses.

If it took the Playoff Committee until almost the end of the season to put Marshall in the top 25, I don't think we'd get anywhere near there no matter what are record is. Sad thing, but that's college football for ya. Power 5 rules everything.

If Tennessee is ranked in the top 10 and we take them down It could happen

Honestly, if we were to be undefeated and beat Iowa and Marshall, there will already be enough people saying, "What the hell?" that we'll be getting Top 25 votes. Marshall didn't really play much of anybody in OOC last year; that's why it took so long for them to crack the Top 25. Then beat Tennessee and we'd be in the Top 10.

That being said, if the recruits and last year's redshirts were everything we'd hoped, I could see us pulling another 8-4 or even 9-3 season (and of course if the D stays healthy). If not...I'll agree with the 3-9.

I have nothing to go on except what I saw last year and knowledge that Mac seems to have a serious aversion to wining on the road. 3-9 overall. 1-6 on the road, if we're lucky. Victory over Portland State at home and one or two more just because Apogee.

So based solely upon what I saw last year, 4-8 is optimistic, 5-7 would be really good. 7-5 is a pipe dream.

But what the hell do I care? I'll be raising my ubiquitous craft beer to the real fans, the games themselves a mere afterthought.

• Upvote 1

But what the hell do I care? I'll be raising my ubiquitous craft beer to the real fans, the games themselves a mere afterthought.

This is exactly the approach one SHOULD take if they want to keep their sanity while still being a fan of UNT athletics.

Sadly, the side effect is a small, apathetic fan base who will take a 9-4 non-conference championship season, glorify it for years, and give the coach who produced it at least 8 years to produce another.

I'm not saying this is rigt, wrong, or indifferent, I'm just saying it is.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Wins: Portland, SMwho, So Miss, Rice, utsa, UTEP

Losses: Tennessee, Iowa, WKU, La Tech, Marshal

Complete toss up: mtsu

This is subject to completely change pending the spring game results and hoping for tweak of O & D philosophies. 6-6 is "doable" and 7-5 is even "doable" but 8-4 would be witchcraft, sell your soul to the devil magic. However, Macs track record says that we have 1 or at best 2 road wins and with 7 away games that's going to take a toll. We can thank RV for that. I'll start...thanks RV. 4-1 at home could be done.

Edited by Ben Gooding