Some notable games the weekend of 09/05

SMU hosting Baylor

Marshall hosting Purdue

Southern Miss hosting Mississippi State

MTSU hosting Jackson State

UTSA @ Arizona (09/03)

UTEP @ Arkansas

WKU @ Vanderbilt

*Rice is the only other team besides La Tech who doesn't currently have a game on 09/05 so I guess hosting the Owls could also be a option

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Rumor has it RV has traded a home game to open 2015 at the winner of Ohio State/Oregon.

He will make that deal shortly after the national title game, getting the coveted 3rd whore game of the year. With the budget balanced for the next 2 years, he will then prop his feet up on his desk for the next 23 1/2 months and admire a job well done.

*sarcasm tag - we won't really have 3 whore games next year.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

They have to rebuild that secondary though. They also have to replace the two Wrs. We match up good against them for some reason and our playcalling has been decent against them. They should be the favorite without a doubt, but i wouldn't be surprised if we played them well. Don't know how possibly playing them in the first game would impact anything. I would think it gives the edge to them as far as coaching staff.

Would be an exciting first game though.

Rice's secondary played a huge part in slowing us down. They were able to man up. Not sure how a new secondary changes their game plan. We had some sucess passing on them last year, and that was with an NFL caliber corner. They had success on offense by attacking our safeties last year. With two top Wrs gone, we may get a break with our new secondary.

I also read where Covington may declare for the draft. Either way, I don't expect to run on them. Harris should have a big day.

Remember that Conference USA said that they would completely reshuffle the conference schedule after UAB withdrew. I have not looked at the schedules for any of the Eastern Zone teams but we might be scheduled to open with one of them. I agree that opening with a conference game would not be good but it might be the only option at this point.

• Upvote 1

I gave into the negativity. Life is easier when you throw Isis cocktails.

But then i watched the BYU game tonight and the commercial said see the good in the world. I will not apologize for supporting the Mean Green blindly. Been doing it since 1986 since I cheered like hell after beating ACU. Chips will fall I will always be Green and White. Probably moving to Hong Kong or somewhere in Asia in 2015. Yes flying back for Mean Green games this fall. It's what I do it is who I am. I choose hope and excitement. Bring on 2015! GMG

• Upvote 1

But then i watched the BYU game tonight and the commercial said see the good in the world. I will not apologize for supporting the Mean Green blindly. Been doing it since 1986 since I cheered like hell after beating ACU. Chips will fall I will always be Green and White. Probably moving to Hong Kong or somewhere in Asia in 2015. Yes flying back for Mean Green games this fall. It's what I do it is who I am. I choose hope and excitement. Bring on 2015! GMG

Well now I'm just happy I could help bring you back. Haha.

UNT and Rice are the only C-USA teams that currently have nothing scheduled for that opening weekend. And Rice still needs to schedule one more nonconference game. So either UNT will be off or hosting Rice, depending on whatever Rice decides to do with that opening weekend. Personally, I like the idea of hosting Rice on Halloween again (10/31 is a Saturday), and opening the season against one of our biggest rivals would be a mistake. I'll take the opening bye week over Rice!

• Upvote 1

I live about a 40 minute plane ride north west of Hong Kong in the mainland. If you're actually heading to Asia send me a PM (especially if you need any sort of advice or help living in or moving to East Asia).

Edited by MeanGreenOverseas