Scheduling

UNT90

Hot breaking sports news here folks....UNT90 starting a new thread regarding scheduling! That's new, right?

Ha! Just having some fun with you Mike...it's the holidays after all.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

This is depressing. Maybe we can get the NCTC Lions to come play us at home?

Wow. I didn't expect them to have football, but I do believe they hold the distinction as the only collegiate athletic program at any level that I've ever seen without a men's or women's basketball team. I always thought basketball was the default sport from which a program begins and upon which it builds.

Wow. I didn't expect them to have football, but I do believe they hold the distinction as the only collegiate athletic program at any level that I've ever seen without a men's or women's basketball team. I always thought basketball was the default sport from which a program begins and upon which it builds.

Oh, they dont have a football team. You never know, maybe he will make them form a football team for us to play.

Maybe the federal detention center?

10-dick-butkus-necessary-roughness_pg_60

• Upvote 1

Thanks for bringing this back up and depressing me this morning, 03.

Maybe if we stopped running the AD as if it were a student volunteer program we could actually attract interest from alumni.

We really need a change.

RV knows of only one sure way to get enough revenue in to pay the bills and stay within the budget that the BOR demands he do without complaining--play road games at name-your-power P5 school to get a "known" check. This school has never --and will never--deal in opportunity revenues for athletics because those are (gasp!!) unknown.

You cannot be at the top of the "Value" Poll trying to run an athletic department any other way, UNT90. Plus, that kind of approach would totally piss off 95% of the citizens in the town you are located in and 95% of your alums, faculty, students, and administration. At UNT and Denton, we like fine arts, eduaction, and low costs. Its as simple as that--always has been, always will be. Getting San Diego State in a series is impossible when you play P5 powerhouse on the road, a coveted series against big time program and huge rival, SMU, a coveted series with traditional powerhouse, Army, and a home game against great programs that fans just clamor to see play, such as Texas Southern, Idaho, Nicholls State, and Portland State. Only rich programs like South Alabama can get home-an-home series with teams like SDSU and Memphis because they have chosen "flexible" scheduling over being a value-oriented athletic department. They'll see...schools like that will never succeed with an approach like South Alabama is taking (except for UCF, USF, UTSA, etc...). I guarantee you that USA will never be anywhere near the top 10 on the vaunted "Value" Rankings!!

I get the argument that we need to see more big names schools play a game in Denton. What I don't understand is this South Alabama example. Army and SMU holds more local interest than San Diego St and Memphis.

Does Memphis and SDSU hold more interest than Idaho, Texas Southern, Nichols State and Immaculate Conception University?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Does Memphis and SDSU hold more interest than Idaho, Texas Southern, Nichols State and Immaculate Conception University?

Rick

Not mention that South Alabama hosted Mississippi St last year, host NC State this year & Oklahoma State in 2017 Edited by NT03

And we are doing 2 for 0 deals with Iowa

I wasn't happy to hear we were getting some sort of return trip from Iowa.

I do just want to point out to people who trumpet what other schools are doing to get some of the bigger fish. A 2-for-1 doesn't really help much with getting six home games consistently.

I wasn't happy to hear we were getting some sort of return trip from Iowa.

I do just want to point out to people who trumpet what other schools are doing to get some of the bigger fish. A 2-for-1 doesn't really help much with getting six home games consistently.

But it's better than a 2-for-0. Those don't help either when you have a floating game that needs to be played with Tennessee. Bit us in the butt this year.

• Upvote 1