Anyone counting on UTEP as a win

Harry

Those were the good old days on the border. Brother went to school there and ha many fun times in the sun bowl. That was when NMSU and Utep were both good and there were over 51,000 in the sun bowl. Good times and good win by the Miners. Now they are smelling a bowl game. I think we go beat them for some reason. Pass the tequila.

GMG

• Upvote 1

I'll still be in El Paso regardless of how we're looking. Can't say I'm overly optimistic at the moment though.

If we lose, get a to go double order of tacos at Chico's on Montana, then take it to Twinz and order a shot and a bucket of beer. You won't live through the night, and your misery will end quickly, but with a grin on your face.

Never back away from an opportunity to visit Carlsbad. Get past the initial walk over bat shit, and you're good to go!

My kids love it. Tempted to try and make it, but will fight a wife-battle to do it. She has a nephew at SFA and wants us to go visit him that weekend. Either way, there will be better scenery than around here, I suppose - trees or mountains, trees or mountains.

And, oddly enough, I love the drive to El Paso. Don't know why, but long drives out west have never bothered me.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

And, oddly enough, I love the drive to El Paso. Don't know why, but long drives out west have never bothered me.

I'm in the early stages of planning a long road trip in December. It looks like EP is a prime candidate for an overnight stopover. I was laughing that we've got this hotel booking thing as a company perk (meh, not earth shattering prices). I looked up rates in EP, and half of them were located in Juarez! Yeeeahhh... Let me get right on that!

Then again, I might keep going a few more miles into New Mexico that night so I can stop somewhere and engage in the never ending battle between chile colorado v. chile verde. Mmm... New Mexico.

I'm in the early stages of planning a long road trip in December. It looks like EP is a prime candidate for an overnight stopover. I was laughing that we've got this hotel booking thing as a company perk (meh, not earth shattering prices). I looked up rates in EP, and half of them were located in Juarez! Yeeeahhh... Let me get right on that!

Then again, I might keep going a few more miles into New Mexico that night so I can stop somewhere and engage in the never ending battle between chile colorado v. chile verde. Mmm... New Mexico.

Again, it's a shame what's happened to Juarez. When I was a kid, we lived in El Paso for a year. My dad would take us there a lot. He'd have lunch there, buy cigarettes, and whatnot. Cheap and safe. Friendly people. Good days, back then.

Crazy. Mexico ate itself a long time ago, though. America isn't too far behind it. Maybe a couple to three decades. Places like Detroit are already there.

• Upvote 1

Crazy. Mexico ate itself a long time ago, though. America isn't too far behind it. Maybe a couple to three decades. Places like Detroit are already there.

I really miss going down into Juarez for the afternoon, picking up some chile verde burritos off the street (my god those were amazing), maybe throw down a couple losing bets on a couple dog races, throw back a couple XXs and another burrito. I am by geographic origin more familiar with similar activities in Tijuana (which also has gone to "don't go there ever" status) and its amazing tacos de pastor.

Dammit I miss Mexico.

If we lose, get a to go double order of tacos at Chico's on Montana, then take it to Twinz and order a shot and a bucket of beer. You won't live through the night, and your misery will end quickly, but with a grin on your face.

Sounds like a plan. Beer and Mexican food are the two main things I'm now looking forward to on this trip seeing as this football season is going downhill fast.

• Upvote 1