I wonder how many....

mgfan

I wonder how many potential recruits and their parents read this forum and think “No way am I going to a place that bad mouths players, coaches, and the AD." Read through the past topics and comments and see how many are negative about our coaches, players, athletic director, and teams. If you saw this and you were a player or parent of a player would you or your son end up here? I realize this is an open forum and people have every right to express their own opinion, but let's think how we portray ourselves to the outside world, current players, and future players. Do other universities do it? I am sure? Does it make it right?

“Criticism and correction differ, especially when it comes to methods and motives. Criticism puts someone down. Correction means I want to help.”

-John Wooden

That is it.

GMG!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

though I do not think that the bad mouthing on this board has much of an effect on recruiting, i do think that it has an effect on us and the players/coaches we talk about. there is a whole lot of psychological mumbo jumbo i can go into to support my assertions but i will spare you all the boredom. at the end of the day, the attitude and whining on this board hurts us, and no one else. the AD won't get fired for it, the coaches and players wont benefit from it, and we certainly wont gain any insight by constantly bitching in the least productive way possible. there are some on here that complain about our plight and do so conversationally and there is some "learning" involved and a sharing of ideas. others are on here just to be pseudo-anonymous jerks. that is what i don't like and that is why i agree with this thread to an extent.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'd say the embarrassing display of football, lack of playing an exciting style of football, lack of getting players drafted, lack of student support, lack of alumni support, lack of sellouts, and better overall options elsewhere in the state are what really cost us in recruiting. But hey, that's just like my opinion, man.

I love this school and this team. I will always support this school and this team. If any coach, player, or AD is offended by what they read on this board they need to take a long look in the mirror. This football team has been nothing short of embarrassing for everyone involved. We needed to capitalize off last year to win the perception battle in DFW. I can't tell you how many friends, family members, and coworkers I had interested in following the program this year. I can say we have lost most of those people and we are back to being the laughing stock we always have been. I'm done drinking the cool-aid this season. I fully support Mac, but changes of some kind need to be made after this year.

• Upvote 1

A good salesman can sell. Every embarrassment can be sold as an opportunity.

Think about it kid, look how passionate these fans are! You could be the component to this program that turns their passion into something positive. Imagine the electricity of the Apogee atmosphere with these screaming fans chanting your name!

Blah, blah, blah, small monthly payments, easy financing, and ice to a camel in the Artic ocean.

tl;dr this message board has about as much influence on the program as the length of the kettle corn line at Apogee. And that line is TOO DAMN LONG!

• Upvote 1

I wonder how many potential recruits and their parents read this forum and think “No way am I going to a place that bad mouths players, coaches, and the AD." Read through the past topics and comments and see how many are negative about our coaches, players, athletic director, and teams. If you saw this and you were a player or parent of a player would you or your son end up here? I realize this is an open forum and people have every right to express their own opinion, but let's think how we portray ourselves to the outside world, current players, and future players. Do other universities do it? I am sure? Does it make it right?

“Criticism and correction differ, especially when it comes to methods and motives. Criticism puts someone down. Correction means I want to help.”

-John Wooden

That is it.

GMG!

Do us a favor--go visit orangebloods.com, texags.com, landthieves.com, killerfrogs.com, or baylorfans.com and see how we compare, then come back and tell us what you think about little ol' gmg.com

Look...at Texas they ran off the only coach to have them competitive since Fred Akers chase for a national title in 1982. The players there are been badmouthed, booed in person, on radio shows, on television shows, in newpapers, on message boards...NATIONALLY!

Nationally, kids at Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, etc. are booed and trashed by their own fans. Only one human on the planet covers North Texas football, and he pretty much does that with kid gloves. North Texas fans, have only ONE viable message board. Imagine your kid going to Texas and being trashed on three or four message boards PLUS national sports outlets.

Come on. If your kid doesn't have think skin, why is he playing a sport that has him in the public eye? No one forced a kid to keep playing football into college.

If you went to 100 different cities outside of Denton, Texas and asked 100 people who the starting quarterback at North Texas should be, they wouldn't even be able to name one of them. In fact, you'd have a tough time finding a majority of people in Denton itself who could name the two currently battling for the starting position.

And, here's something more: He's having his college paid for.

If I'm a parent and my kid has a chance to have his schooling paid for, I care just a bit less about what the general public thinks. Me and my bank account are thankful that he's on the team.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 3

tl;dr this message board has about as much influence on the program as the length of the kettle corn line at Apogee. And that line is TOO DAMN LONG!

How come the peasants have the kettle corn?

Why must we be forced to mingle with the riffraff to obtain this tasty treat?

There is inequity in the inequity. This must be addressed!!

Sad it may be. Have you visited other fan boards for other schools? We are very tame by comparison.

Not the other ones I read. GMG.Com takes the cake over the others I read...not even close. Way way more negativity toward our own program, personnel and players on here than in the others I read and post in.

But, just because others are whiners and moaners does it mean Mean Green fans should be as well? Just because one CAN does not mean one SHOULD.

But, to each his own. For some reason, most odd to me, it appears to make some folks feel good about themselves to knock and discredit their own. So be it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Go check out all the death threats the OU kicker got yesterday ... Now that's disgusting

Did you forget the comment aimed at Mac on this board? Disgusting as well. It was finally pulled by Harry after being allowed to remain posted for several days. Disgusting!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Way way more negativity toward our own program, personnel and players on here than in the others I read and post in.

Whoa... Wait.

Didnt you just get on me because you feel you should blame players? Didn't you blame players on the basketball forum. RV blamed players on Harry's podcast.

Do you hold the AD to the same standards?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not the other ones I read. GMG.Com takes the cake over the others I read...not even close. Way way more negativity toward our own program, personnel and players on here than in the others I read and post in.

But, just because others are whiners and moaners does it mean Mean Green fans should be as well? Just because one CAN does not mean one SHOULD.

But, to each his own. For some reason, most odd to me, it appears to make some folks feel good about themselves to knock and discredit their own. So be it.

You have never read Baylor's bearfans board. And you certainly haven't read any of the multiple Texas fans boards! This group is really pretty tame compared to P5 fans sites. I've seen nasty personal insults and called for the parents of players to be fired from their jobs because of anger with a player. Edited by VideoEagle