Southeastern Louisiana (12/16/12)

CMJ

Rebounding as well. Last I had looked we were down 20 on the boards. I bet Benford did not pull down a single board. If he had we would have won by more though of course.

You know, you are right, Skiv.

Since he really isn't accountable for anything that happens on the floor, why do we even have a head coach? We should just roll the ball out on the floor and let these guys play like the do oin the PEB, right?

I mean, It's all the 19-22 year olds' fault, right?

Only a basketball moron doesn't know that poor rebounding and defense, especially against lesser talent, is a sign of laziness, and laziness is a sign of a poorly coached team. The head coach is rresponsible to have his team motivate and playing hard.

When you get outrebounded by a smaller, far less talented team like SE La., there is a problem with the motivation and desire of the team. That is the fault of the head coach.

This has been a consistent pattern all season, which is now 1/3 complete. Nothing appears to be getting better, and that is not a good omen for htis thing going forward. This has the look and smell of a 10-12 win team.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

This was not a fun game to watch. Glad UNT got the win Asa loss to that SE La team would have been a real disaster. Where is the UNT team I saw plat St. Louis recently? Could it be that this is one of those teams that just plays up or down depending upon the competition?

It still was a disaster...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

At one point toward the end of the first half, I looked up what the lowest scoring college basketball game ever was; I was worried we may be in contention for such a title.

For the record: 1973 | Tennessee 11 - Temple 6

Look up the lowest scoring game post-shot clock, since we're likely going to need that info. for future reference.

I heard this from the players. They also said they have two a days. That is ridiculous. These players are not buying into benfords system that's why we are struggling so much. Somethings got to give. A different approach to the players maybe? I'm just saying. When teams lose its always the coach fault. So benford needs to change his approach towards the team cause this crap we're doing is not working. You don't have a full practice before a game..are you insane

• Upvote 4

I heard this from the players. They also said they have two a days. That is ridiculous. These players are not buying into benfords system that's why we are struggling so much. Somethings got to give. A different approach to the players maybe? I'm just saying. When teams lose its always the coach fault. So benford needs to change his approach towards the team cause this crap we're doing is not working. You don't have a full practice before a game..are you insane

I am at a loss to even process this in my brain cells. You seem like a trustworthy enough source to be posting this, so I'm going to believe it at face value. I actually do have a follow up question to add to this discussion, I realize I'm a bit late to it.

RV loves to be on the sidelines at games, etc. If we hooked a lie detector up to RV's fingers, what words would come out of his mouth? Is he aware of all of this? Full practices before games? Ludicrous substitutions?

Edited by Stan R

Benford said on the post-game show that they had 2 practices on Thursday. He said the Finals week schedule was very different. If I remember correctly, he said Monday-Wednesday they did not practice as a team due to the finals so they had 2 practices Thursday.

Seriously? Might we do some real checking on this matter? Two a days and full practices before games???? Seriously....if so...something I have never heard of happening before...was this the practice at Marquette????

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GangGreen" data-cid="696211" data-time="1355785284"><p>

I don't know if this has already been posted, but I love the headline on MGS.<br />

<br />

"Basketball Holds Lions to 40 Points in Win"<br />

<br />

They didn't lie.</p></blockquote>

I had to reply to them. "And they held us to 45..SMH"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That guy IS Skiver.

Skiver/Andrew is the dumb-ass equal to CheckFacts/GL2Greatness on this website. Other than LOYALFAN from way back in the day, no one does more bits or gives worse commentary than these two. I would encourage you all to do what I have done and just ignore their posts. At least Andrew doesn't take up the entire website's bandwidth with diatribes on how awful UNT is because someone from our school was once mean to him/her, unlike GL2Greatness.

Just to drive them both crazy: Benford sucks as a head coach (so far), SMU sucks at everything (even if they have $$$)