'18 DE/OLB Trumane L Bell II - Lake Highlands, Dallas

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AustinFromUNT said:

This is a new graphic, and I really like it.

Glad we're still going after him, as Koonz's comments a few weeks ago made it seem like we would not be.
Clearly appears to be a head-to-head battle with UTSA.
Would instantly jump into the top 3 guys I'd be most excited about signing so far in this class.

EDIT:   Also, according to his 24/7 page, he has UTSA slightly above Us.   It looks like UTSA already has 3 players at his same position already committed, whereas we have 1.  They play a 4-3 base, so I'm guessing he'd have his hand on the ground as a DE there.   Whereas here, he'd likely be a JACK.   Or, they may do the same thing they're doing with Hambone and put him up on the line.
As of now, it looks like he's a UTSA recruit unless he gets the Baylor or TCU offer he seems to be looking for.   Still, I hope we stay on him.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, cdizzle86 said:

Not gonna be pretty when UTSA gets hit with sanctions.

Meh. They finished 2nd or 3rd last year in CUSA. It's not like they're pushing EVERYONE's face in at recruiting, just our's and like, Charlotte and UTEP's. We are on the same recruiting level of Charlotte and UTEP...Think about that. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

Disappointed that we didn't get him, had a solid list and someone we should have focused on..

He never was here on an Official visit, which is surprising since he was down the road... Would have been a great addition, but still a # of DE/OLB that we have offered that are still out there the kid Fowler and Brandford-Thomas...

Wonder how much the commitment of Vada King impacted, on top of UTSA beating a disappointing Big12 team impacted him.. I'm guessing it had a big impact. 

7 hours ago, cdizzle86 said:

This is what winning big games gets you. Don't be fooled by uniforms, graphics, etc.

I do agree, and UTSA got Baylor but they are looking like trash..

But if Baylor keeps losing goes 1-11 or 3-8 (who knows) and Iowa finishes in the Top 25.. I would have to say our game vs Iowa was more impressive. yes I get that UTSA won and UNT lost, but if everyone is beating Baylor then they aren't impressive and Iowa had to fight back vs UNT.. 

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I do agree, and UTSA got Baylor but they are looking like trash..

But if Baylor keeps losing goes 1-11 or 3-8 (who knows) and Iowa finishes in the Top 25.. I would have to say our game vs Iowa was more impressive. yes I get that UTSA won and UNT lost, but if everyone is beating Baylor then they aren't impressive and Iowa had to fight back vs UNT.. 

I agree, but the problem is most people and recruits aren't going to look past the win/loss record. Winning vs. Baylor no matter how good they are is huge. Playing good against Iowa doesn't really do much for us in the short term.