Apogee Stadium Store

I stopped by the stadium store this afternoon to renew my season tickets and Mean Green Club membership. While there I noticed several new items on their shelves, including quite a few under $10. Also the large schedule posters were out. If you haven't been there lately, you should swing by and check the place out.

In a related topic...

RV should consider assigning someone to announce updates regarding their inventory. Also, that place is like a morgue. They really need to think about playing some episodes of Beyond the Green on their T.V.s, and playing some up beat music.

Athletics does not run the store.  RV can ask but it is up to Barnes and Noble on how they want to run the store.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Barnes and Nobles needs to do a MUCH BETTER job of attracting UNT customers (hint: fans) The Apogee store really is a neat place but needs some marketing upgrade.  UNT needs to push, it's bs to say the athletic department doesn't have any say. With that attitude UNT will be a doormat, not what you want ? Me neither. UNT is a great university, seems like administration people are asleep at the wheel.  Not me, our athletes, students and whole north Texas region deserve more.  I make contacts in Austin and locally, how about you. Don't be sheepish.

• Upvote 2

Barnes and Nobles needs to do a MUCH BETTER job of attracting UNT customers (hint: fans) The Apogee store really is a neat place but needs some marketing upgrade.  UNT needs to push, it's bs to say the athletic department doesn't have any say. With that attitude UNT will be a doormat, not what you want ? Me neither. UNT is a great university, seems like administration people are asleep at the wheel.  Not me, our athletes, students and whole north Texas region deserve more.  I make contacts in Austin and locally, how about you. Don't be sheepish.

How does one "market" the Apogee store when there is a much larger store (even if it is in a temporary building at the moment) on the main campus that likely has a better selection?

I stopped by the stadium store this afternoon to renew my season tickets and Mean Green Club membership. While there I noticed several new items on their shelves, including quite a few under $10. Also the large schedule posters were out. If you haven't been there lately, you should swing by and check the place out.

In a related topic...

RV should consider assigning someone to announce updates regarding their inventory. Also, that place is like a morgue. They really need to think about playing some episodes of Beyond the Green on their T.V.s, and playing some up beat music.

RV doesnt like music I thought, Isnt he the guy from Footloose?

003.jpg

• Upvote 1

Not to derail the conversation, but I just want to remind anyone that may have forgotten... today is the last day to renew your season tickets. Have a great day, and Go Mean Green!

I had not yet renewed after 5 years or so of holding season tickets, and I did not receive one call or email the entire month of June reminding be to renew, or that the deadline was coming up.  I just randomly happened to check the date online and found out it was today.

Such poor communication.  If McCarney wants to know where the fans are, the lack of effort in this department is one place to start.

• Upvote 6

The Apogee store needs to move a lot of displays and items outside so there is more room on game days.  

The store is hardly even needed other than on game day, but on game day, it's so crowded I don't even go in.  I wonder if there would be a way to set up a custom tent on the semi-circle on the north side (which is almost, but not quite under the wing) for a larger game-day store?

042e9a34bfa96617ff8857cffefe664f2548bdad

• Upvote 2

I had not yet renewed after 5 years or so of holding season tickets, and I did not receive one call or email the entire month of June reminding be to renew, or that the deadline was coming up.  I just randomly happened to check the date online and found out it was today.

Such poor communication.  If McCarney wants to know where the fans are, the lack of effort in this department is one place to start.

I can't speak to your issues with not getting emails from the athletic department. I've never had that problem. But, maybe RV could think about appointing a couple of Mean Green Club members to volunteer and help with fan outreach. I'm sure there are a few on this board that wouldn't mind. A few years back Kram and I think Emmett organized a few of us to go out and get schedule posters hung around the Denton area. It was a fun day. Things like that can make a difference.

• Upvote 3

And this type of "lack of customer service" by the AD should be sent to McCarney!

• Upvote 2

think that would be worth an email to Mac, or tweet him, Chico, the o-line coach, Byrd, and whoever else you can find.

• Upvote 2

And this type of "lack of customer service" by the AD should be sent to McCarney!

I can appreciate your enthusiasm for creating a more efficient system, but I think it would be better if Mac just focused on fixing our issues on the field. I have to believe there are others within the North Texas system that can address these types of issues.

• Upvote 2

I can appreciate your enthusiasm for creating a more efficient system, but I think it would be better if Mac just focused on fixing our issues on the field. I have to believe there are others within the North Texas system that can address these types of issues.

Agree. But Mac needs to know this inificiency by the AD is one of our attendance issues.

https://mobile.twitter.com/reCash22/status/616071522818494464

Coach Hermann down at UH disagrees... 

https://mobile.twitter.com/coachtomherman

• Upvote 1