Make no mistake

emmitt01

Dajon hasn't been the problem. Minus the pick he's been solid.

Two picks and overthrowing wife open deep routes is a problem, so he hasn't been anything close to "solid."

That said, he is by far the best option at QB other than possibly a true freshman we know nothing about.

I except DW to be inconsistent the rest of the year with us ending up somewhere between 4-8 and 6-6.

Turns out this is a rebuilding year of sorts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That 2nd pic was the worst effort I can remember seeing out af a WR in a long time. What Terrell does to continue to merit playing time is so far beyond me it's not even funny.

Dead on P1. He gave no effort to protect the ball on that play. Very disappointing that he didn't try.

It looked like Terrell had created no seperation at all. Shouldn't have been thrown, but good coverage and good play by the CB as well.

It looked like a timing route to me. Looked like DW threw that expecting Terrell be making a hard move back to the ball. DW released the ball and Terrell just quit at the apex of his route.

Yep. He made some pretty poor throws (the one to that Kidsy had to knock down in the end zone stands out), but he's clearly the best QB on the roster. He at least made some of the throws, and got most of them close enough for the receivers to make a play. I bet film is going to be tough for our wideouts on Monday - they got very little separation. Give Indiana's corners a lot of credit - they played our guys straight up and only gave tiny windows to throw into.

All of that said, Dajon has a lot of work to do, particularly on his pocket patience. He bailed several times way before he had to, and rolling out narrows your passing options. He's also got confidence in his arm, but needs to recognize when nothing is there and throw the ball away. He did it a few times, but got caught forcing it, as well. The same windows which were wide open against Nicholls state will be tight against C-USA competition, and sometimes nonexistent against P5 teams.

He's a young player, and will be prone to mistakes. He's not as good as the guy who showed up at Nicholls, and he's not as bad as the guy today. He's in between, and that's still pretty damn exciting for me. It has been a decade since I've been this pumped about a QB at UNT.

• Upvote 2

The entire team laid an egg in the 1st Q including Dajon with that 1st pick. He forced it in there. But even so, it was not a bad read, he just probably should have thrown it away. Regardless, I thought Dajon was ok after that. He needs someone else to step on offense besides Harris. The fact the defense got pummeled most of the game is the reason it was never close.

• Upvote 1

I'm not aggravated that he forced it in there, he's a RS freshman. I was more aggravated who he tried to force it in there to. Can't expect many RB's especially of Pegram's skill set to catch a bullet thrown slightly behind him with a CB draping on him. DW showed signs of life. I wish he would have connected on that seam route to Terrell or Smith. He had another one kind of like it. Those were probably two of his worse throws in the day and he clearly wanted them back after the play. Needs to hold the ball higher to his ear throw and step into those particular throws a little more. His low start point and no step in made both balls sail. 18/34 205 3/2 isn't pitiful so there is a ton of room for growth. I didn't like how much Chico rolled DW out. Also, not nearly enough single read quick throws. Still a little aggravated about IU having 363 yards rushing, over 8 ypc and 2 backs getting over 100 yards. GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Darius Terrell doesn't seem like he gives max effort to me. He'll run his route but if the ball isn't placed where he needs it, he just kind of gives up. Kidsy and Harris were out there playing DB on some plays and it shows that they are going all-out all the time.

You guys are really funny. With our QB last season and earlier this season it was "he can't hit the open receivers" and folks were blasted when they dared to even consider that a receiver ran the wrong or a bad route...now it's all on the receivers and the QB has no responsibility.

You guys are psycho!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

You guys are really funny. With our QB last season and earlier this season it was "he can't hit the open receivers" and folks were blasted when they dared to even consider that a receiver ran the wrong or a bad route...now it's all on the receivers and the QB has no responsibility.

You guys are psycho!

Actually, it is quite simple. Before the QB's could not even hit the open receivers. Now, at least, we have a chance of hitting them. But, that doesn't obscure the fact that our receivers are far from being all-world, much less all-conference.

• Upvote 1