How long?

Moobs

So those of us at the SMU game may have noticed that it took all of about 2 minutes for the "Event Staff" to disappear from the Reserved Recent Alumni section below the student section. But that was a non-conference game.

So how long do you think it'll take for the Event Staff to disappear from that section tonight? Another 2 minutes? Or will they hold out longer to make the CUSA happier?

I'll put the over/under at 3.5 minutes into the game for this one.

• Upvote 2

SMU apparently got treated harshly, which I have no problem with. But if that happens with La. Tech, they will complain to CUSA and the lock down will begin.

Thanks to John Williams, we sold out that section and won't be embarrassed on national TV (I believe we are the only college game tonight?).

• Upvote 1

1. It's all about girth, baby!

2. Yeah it didn't take long for them to clear out. If you see empty seats down there, come and join us! We're getting rowdy as all get out.

3. We were mean as hell to SMU and I'm already planning on being too drunk for a Thursday night and heckling LaTech as well.

Edited by meangreenthirteen

Those seats are not populated by students nor were they given away. They were purchased, per conference regulations, by recent alumni who are enjoying discounted ticket prices just like recent alumni do across the land. We are adhering to the letter of the law. The only steps the conference could take from here would be to ban us from filling those seats at all. Good luck with that one. Newsflash! Conference Commissioner tells member school not to fill its stadium seats!

• Upvote 3

Those seats are not populated by students nor were they given away. They were purchased, per conference regulations, by recent alumni who are enjoying discounted ticket prices just like recent alumni do across the land. We are adhering to the letter of the law. The only steps the conference could take from here would be to ban us from filling those seats at all. Good luck with that one. Newsflash! Conference Commissioner tells member school not to fill its stadium seats!

If they don't want students there we could always move the band to that section ... which is what McCarney originally wanted.

Those are not students in that section. That's the point. Now, maybe they were students three months ago, but they're not today.

They are. I heard from people that bought the second round of tickets from John. The ones without seat backs. They couldn't get to their seats because students had overrun them.