Hopes of Sellout are DEAD!

BIG DAWG

I like you're school of thought- under Dan we will bounce back...

Idolize much?

This is a critical year for Mac. He is playing with his recruits, not those slow, undersized guys he inherited that won a bowl game last year.

You know, those kids that he talked bad about...

Edited by UNT90

Idolize much?

This is a critical year for Mac. He is playing with his recruits, not those slow, undersized guys he inherited that won a bowl game last year.

You know, those kids that he talked bad about...

Actually, no I don't idolize much. (Those kids that he talked bad about...) Sounds like your in some gossip we don't know about. Please do tell....

Edited by FanofUNT

Actually, no I don't idolize much. (Those kids that he talked bad about...) Sounds like your in some gossip we don't know about. Please do tell....

When I took the job a year ago, I knew this was the smallest Division One team I’d ever been around, and then I found out it was one of the slowest Division One teams I’d ever been around.

http://sportdfw.com/2012/08/11/north-texas-mean-green-football-coach-dan-mccarney-ready-for-2012-season/

Which should come as no surprise. . . . Look at a quote from Coach Mac circa 1995:

"Look, there's no use sugarcoating things," says first-year Iowa State coach Dan McCarney. "I've been coaching 25 years, and this is the smallest defense I've ever been around. It's also the slowest defense I've ever been around."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1995-10-22/sports/9510220125_1_iowa-fans-sophomore-in-ncaa-history-knowledge-and-patience

• Upvote 1

No gossip. He said that when he got here, UNT was slow and small. That is talking bad about players, right?

It's said to make a point. Everyone talks about players athletic performance. It's only over the line when you make it personal. This kids have grown up having their athletic ability scrutinized by coaches, parents, and parents of the players that back them up. A little message board isn't going to hurt them.

Personal stuff is different and should be considered over the line.

They all know this and don't need you as their guardian.

No gossip. He said that when he got here, UNT was slow and small. That is talking bad about players, right?

It's said to make a point. Everyone talks about players athletic performance. It's only over the line when you make it personal. This kids have grown up having their athletic ability scrutinized by coaches, parents, and parents of the players that back them up. A little message board isn't going to hurt them.

Personal stuff is different and should be considered over the line.

They all know this and don't need you as their guardian.

Didn't think standing up for someone was a guardian. But I think it's nice to do during hard times...