MGB: UNT to sell beer at Apogee

Brett Vito

Nope. It is a Colorado brewery that specializes in Belgian style wheat beer. Much better tasting that the flavored water of Coors and Miller for sure.

From Wikipedia... for what its worth...

Blue Moon Belgian White, a Belgian-style witbier brewed by Blue Moon Brewing Co. originally in Golden, Colorado, was launched in 1995. Blue Moon Brewing Co. is a part of Tenth and Blake Beer Company, the craft and import division of Chicago-basedMillerCoors.

This is awesome news. Mainly in that I will be buying 4 less club seats next year. Time to ditch the monocle and top hat.

Time to up the ante on the buffet and make sure that beer is cheaper in the club than in the concourse.

Of course, for those who care, the club has a full bar, so you can get your monocled scotch face on should you so desire.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

Time to up the ante on the buffet and make sure that beer is cheaper in the club than in the concourse.

Of course, for those who care, the club has a full bar, so you can get your monocled scotch face on should you so desire.

I love me a good scotch drink as the next guy. Plenty to be desired about the club level but like you said, unless they up the ante I would just assume have beer and hot dogs and sit closer to the action. I guess this year will cement my decision for me.

• Upvote 1

All that hate. Let them have their fun. Amazing how that 100 people on the Hill piss people off more than the thousand in their dorm or the hundred thousand that live in Denton.

Totally agreed. At least they are showing up and drinking. Same for the sorority girls. Everybody talks about UNT hitting 40,000 students soon and people on here give the Greeks crap about their attendance. How about the mass numbers of lazy ass students who don't show? Same goes for the population of Denton or alumni. Y'all need to stop giving fraternities sh$t for showing up.
  • Upvote 4

I love me a good scotch drink as the next guy. Plenty to be desired about the club level but like you said, unless they up the ante I would just assume have beer and hot dogs and sit closer to the action. I guess this year will cement my decision for me.

Truthfully, I believe the silver level (my level, the scratched, kinda foggy, kinda blurry monocle level) is either sold out or nearly sold out. The people who buy the two higher levels are going to buy those levels regardless of whether there is beer on the concourse or not. So I really do see this as a good thing in that it may influence attendance in the bowl with a negligible effect on existing club seat holders.

• Upvote 2