Four More Mean Green Football Games Picked Up By TV

Harry

DENTON - Conference USA announced today an additional four North Texas football games have been picked up by television for the 2014 season, making 11 of the 12 games currently scheduled for TV.

C-USA Commissioner Britton Banowsky said the conference has reached an agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group, among the nation's largest television broadcasting companies, to produce and distribute 100 events each of the next two years.

The Mean Green games against Nicholls State, Alabama-Birmingham, Southern Miss and Florida International will be broadcast by the Sinclair Group. Kickoff times for the four games have also been set. The games against Nicholls State, UAB and FIU will kick off at 2:30 while the Southern Miss game begins at 6 p.m.

Sinclair owns, operates, programs and provides sales services to 162 television stations in 78 markets, reaching approximately 40 percent of U.S. television households. It includes FOX, ABC, CBS, MyTV, CW, NBC, Univision and Azteca affiliates.

The agreement encompasses an extensive slate of live local sporting events, including football, basketball, soccer and other sports with the opening of this year's college football season. Thirty C-USA football games will be televised on Sinclair stations.

Conference USA will be part of the newly-launched American Sports Network (ASN), a collegiate sports initiative that will air on a number of Sinclair's broadcast television stations.

I am delighted that we have these games added to the TV package. Unfortunately I do not see any stations on the Sinclair network in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The Sinclair network has stations in Amarillo, El Paso, Austin, San Antonio, Beaumont/Port Arthur, and the Rio Grande Valley. There is good news for North Texan 95 and Travis since there are Sinclair owned stations in your areas.

• Upvote 2

Odds and ends

North Texas will begin selling beer on the public concourse level at football games this fall. UNT officials announced Thursday that beer will be sold in controlled areas of Apogee Stadium, away from a family fun area under the north end zone stands. … Conference USA has reached an agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group and its new American Sports Network initiative to produce and distribute 100 league events each of the next two years. The deal includes 30 C-USA football games this season. There will also be basketball, soccer and other sports televised. Sinclair owns and operates, programs and provides sales service to 162 television stations in 78 markets. Stations in Beaumont-Port Arthur, Austin and San Antonio are part of the Sinclair group, but it doesn't include a Houston station.

Read more: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/college-football/article/College-football-Oklahoma-picked-to-win-Big-12-5629700.php

Odds and ends

North Texas will begin selling beer on the public concourse level at football games this fall. UNT officials announced Thursday that beer will be sold in controlled areas of Apogee Stadium, away from a family fun area under the north end zone stands. … Conference USA has reached an agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group and its new American Sports Network initiative to produce and distribute 100 league events each of the next two years. The deal includes 30 C-USA football games this season. There will also be basketball, soccer and other sports televised. Sinclair owns and operates, programs and provides sales service to 162 television stations in 78 markets. Stations in Beaumont-Port Arthur, Austin and San Antonio are part of the Sinclair group, but it doesn't include a Houston station.

Read more: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/college-football/article/College-football-Oklahoma-picked-to-win-Big-12-5629700.php

So the Sinclair group doesn't have TV stations in Dallas or Houston? Hmmmmm.

I am delighted that we have these games added to the TV package. Unfortunately I do not see any stations on the Sinclair network in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The Sinclair network has stations in Amarillo, El Paso, Austin, San Antonio, Beaumont/Port Arthur, and the Rio Grande Valley. There is good news for North Texan 95 and Travis since there are Sinclair owned stations in your areas.

WooHoo!

I am still trying to work out which games to fly back for this season. Can't do it too much this year.

Stations in markets without a Sinclair affiliate can also pay to pick up the syndicated broadcast. The conference is working with local tv stations in C-USA markets to make sure games get picked up.

Good to hear and good luck to you guys this season!

Epic! All I need now is a Watering Hole in H-Town to watch the FIU Game, since I'll be down there for the Turkey Day Holiday...

The FIU game is Sat 11/22. Thanksgiving is Thu 11/27. The game at UTSA is Sat 11/29.

Are you sure you'll be in Houston on 11/22?

For sure. Already booked the Flight. Arrive Friday, 11/21 and depart the First of December.

Sorry I won't be able to help you out - I'll be driving up to Denton. :wink: