SMU Fans discussing UNT

Harry

"I'm not really looking forward to it. I suspect our offense will look putrid on the road with an 11am kickoff and we'll pull out some uninspiring 21-17 win over a team we should be able to beat by 30"

That's about the funniest joke I've heard all day!

They will soon realize their biggest fears have finally come true and it's only going to get worse for them. (Can't wait, a sold out Apogee to witness NT kicking some Pony butt)

Side note: North Texas has a tremendous advantage with its size, now over 40,000 students. The students have finally started to embrace NT football and we witnessed this especially last year! Why is it important? Revenue potential, alumni base (MG Club and etc.) Also, players want to play in a packed house. This is very hard for SMU with their size, especially with them not winning.

When we have winning season consistently, like we did in the early 2000's, you can bet larger conferences will be calling! All of Coach Mac's recent interviews have the same message, "let's do it again and not be a one hit wonder."

NT's athletic facilities are now top notch which will help with our growth. I believe if we would have had these facilities in the early 2000's we might have been in CUSA a long time ago! So what does all of this mean? Exciting times for the Mean Green Nation and just another loss on SMU's future football losing seasons!

Thank you Coach Mac and RV for putting us on this wonderful path.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Buy/merge with twu and problem is solved. Instantly 45k+ and unifies the community. Plus we add a nursing program that we should have had years ago.

I've been hearing that merge with TWU talk for years. I would be beneficial for both universities in my opinion but unlikely to occur.
  • Upvote 1

Any senior administrator will tell you that 40k is the realistic goal for 2020.

Wasnt saying otherwise. The grand plan was set at 45k for 2015 back when it was written in 2008. Just going by that. I was saying it was very unrealistic given our current numbers and that 40k (still a far reach) is far more attainable.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

In general, just because it's a college in Denton that isn't UNT.

Also, I'm not convinced that it is a real school, and not just an experiment into how many people you can shove inside those ridiculously huge tower

I knew a lot of good looking TWU girls back in the day so I was always glad TWU was in Denton.

• Upvote 2

2486011-ponies_meme_generator_did_someon

I'm sorry but I refuse to be intimidated by a team that calls themselves "The Ponies." Seriously, above is the type of mental image I get in my head every time I hear them call themselves that. I'd distance SO FAR from that nickname if I went to SMU.

Bahahahaha, I couldn't even say that last sentence with a straight face. I'd NEVER go to SMU, except to watch UNT beat them senseless in person next season.

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

These SMU fans are clearly delusional. That being said, I said every word they're saying in the 2007-2011 years. They had a nice end to their season and we lost some players, but we're still a 9-4 team with postseason experience. That doesn't bode well for them. And how great would it be if we came in there 1-0!

• Upvote 1