Mac on KXAS Sunday night

Marty

You know, I hate to sound negative, but other than having the good sense to hire Coach Mac, what is so praise worthy of our program. Yes, a new stadium was built, thanks to the student vote (and UNTFLYER). But Apogee is starting it's fourth season and we've yet to have a sell out.

There needs to be many non-coaching staff working for the University that is just as pumped as Mac and just as capable of grabbing the mic at a moments notice and extoling the virtues of the "Mean Green" and getting people excited.

As a program, we all stand back and let Mac do it. And I'm telling everyone for the umpteenth time IT'S NOT HIS JOB AND HE CAN'T DO IT ALL!

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I agree, but from what I have encountered the professors at UNT, at least the ones I have had, are not sports type of people. They could care less what North Texas does in athletics. The one professor exception I had that was a sports guy didn't even know North Texas was a FBS "major" college football program. Still doesn't excuse the lack of general school spirit from the faculty. A lot of them need to step their game up. It wouldn't take 30 seconds to give a shout out to the football team during the fall semester. A lot of students idolize their professors and would take note to a little something like that. GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's on tonight. The references to last night were in reference to a preview of tonight's interview. Are you wondering if someone taped the preview?

I would love to be able to access the actual interview after it airs. Thanks!

Looked like yellow side panels and collar to me rather than "all green", hence my Oregon comment. I'm sure I'm wrong and just going color blind.

True story... I almost failed kindergarten and first grade before someone realized I was colorblind...

You win.

• Upvote 1

Just watched it -- great interview. Mac did a great job. Said the UT is not a paycheck and they were playing to win and give them a good game. Said he does not plan on retiring anytime soon -- would "drive his wife Margy crazy!" Mac does such a good job representing UNT and this was just another example of it. Thanks to Channel 5 for the coverage!