UT tickets now available

NT03

I had sticker shock at first, but you gotta do what you gotta do. When does tailgating start in Austin?

enjoy...but not for me...i love my school...but i'm not paying 100 bucks a ticket to see it in austin...100 in apogee? certainly...100 for a bowl game...got it!...i'll watch this game on tv and enjoy...i hope everyone enjoys the trip down there...

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 1

enjoy...but not for me...i love my school...but i'm not paying 100 bucks a ticket to see it in austin...100 in apogee? certainly...100 for a bowl game...got it!...i'll watch this game on tv and enjoy...i hope everyone enjoys the trip down there...

Well, I figure there aren't many (if any) teams I'd rather see my almamater beat more than Texas. Plus it's driving distance and I have a free place to stay. I've never been to AQ home game before either. I want to see what it's like.

I agree. What about buses or even a train (Amtrak) trip. MAKE IT HAPPEN UNT has a nice ring. Whatever we do we need to do SOMETHING. Coach Mac has gone out of his way to create enthusiasm for game day but he can't do it all. You are right about the "Ho Hum" attitude, cogido, there just has to be a way to light a fire under our alums and students and I think creating a fun and safe way to get to Austin and other places may be the ticket. A creative marketing department should be working with transportation alternatives to the automobile.

Amtrak leaves Fort Worth at 2:10pm on the 29th of August and arrives in Austin at 6:22pm

Return trip, leaves Austin Sunday morning 9:31 and arrives in Fort Worth at 1:58

$28 each way.

• Upvote 2

I had sticker shock at first, but you gotta do what you gotta do. When does tailgating start in Austin?

Tailgating starts as early as 7AM, depending on the group you are looking for. Tailgating is spread out throughout downtown. Those people who do tailgate pay a premium price for their spot.

Pretty nice fan base. All of them are when they have sympathy for you when they perceive they are about to hang half a hundred on you.

Sending you a PM.

Looks like that same train stops in Dallas first at 11:50am before going to Fort Worth.

thanks for the addendum.

Other things to check on.

How far is your Hotel from the station. Most Hotels have a courtesy van that will pick you up from the station. They should also take you to the game and pick you up afterward.

I have never paid $100 for a ticket to anything. But if we do everything right and Texas has a lapse under a new coach and we are somehow able to get out of Austin with a win, and I missed it, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

So I'll contribute to Coach Charlie's retirement fund and yell for a win.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

Welcome to BIG TIME NCAA FOOTBALL, You are not in " little d" anymore!

Yeah man, 100 bucks is standard price to the big stadiums. Sometimes more pending the opponent and what's at stake. North Texas would love to charge a $100 a head. I hope one day I will pay 100 dollars to walk into Apogee. That would mean a lot of good fortune took place for that to happen.

I would say standard.

I think LSU was around $70.

Maybe NT03 or someone else who went can tell us how much UG tickets were last year.

This is pretty steep, even for a good P5 team, which Texas isn't right now (would get beat by half the other P5s. Pretty average... For a P5).

I would say standard.

I think LSU was around $70.

Maybe NT03 or someone else who went can tell us how much UG tickets were last year.

This is pretty steep, even for a good P5 team, which Texas isn't right now (would get beat by half the other P5s. Pretty average... For a P5).

My memory may be a bit off , but I'm thinking they were around $60

I've been to Death Valley, The Swamp, Williams-Bryce, Wallace-Wade, Reynolds Razorback, Neyland, etc. 100 dollars is a standard price, unless you are carrying binos for a $65 nose bleed. Rivalry games particularly when both teams are good and games with high stakes a $100 dollars would get you laughed at.

I've been to Death Valley, The Swamp, Williams-Bryce, Wallace-Wade, Reynolds Razorback, Neyland, etc. 100 dollars is a standard price, unless you are carrying binos for a $65 nose bleed. Rivalry games particularly when both teams are good and games with high stakes a $100 dollars would get you laughed at.

We aren't a rivalry game for any P5 school. You also didn't buy tickets to those games as a season ticket holder of the opponent.

This is by far the steepest ticket price I have seen in my brief 6 years as a season ticket holder, although I didn't check games I wasn't planning on attending.

And we have played better (LSU and Alabama).

• Upvote 2

Some people wouldn't balk at spending $100 for a video game and a case of beer....

For a game or a system? Latest generation console games are $59. The consoles run between $400 and $500.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

I think those of us not tailgating should meet at Scholtz's Sat. afternoon. It is a short but pleasant walk from there to the game. Great atmosphere all around with local politicians, students etc.

Austin chapter putting together a pre game gathering. I believe at a bar owned by NT alum. More details available soon.
  • Upvote 2

This right here, this needs to be marketed by North Texas ASAP.

I agree. How about a "GET ON BOARD WITH SCRAPPY" campaign? This thing, promoted well, could be very effective in getting fans to away games (UTSA, Rice, perhaps UTEP etc.). It would also be a lot of fun and the start of a new tradition {actually a return to an old one). The sight of hundreds of UNT fans boarding the train in Ft Worth And Dallas and then disembarking in Austin would be media worthy as well. Hells bells, it is even environmentally worthy for a school that is supposed to be pro environment. I could go on and on. Lets do this thing.

Incidentally, the Amtrak station is in downtown Austin and in walking to downtown hotels with many good bars in between.