UT tickets now available

NT03

I have never paid $100 for a ticket to anything. But if we do everything right and Texas has a lapse under a new coach and we are somehow able to get out of Austin with a win, and I missed it, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

So I'll contribute to Coach Charlie's retirement fund and yell for a win.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

Wow. Screw the little guy any way you can. I'm getting tickets. The seats better be damn good (they won't be)!

Last two trips to Austin I got put in the end zone. Not too bad of seats. It's better than getting put up in the upper deck IMO

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hilton, 500 East 4th Street, Austin

One of my favorite spots in Austin is inside this hotel...take the escalator up to the second floor and walk past the conference rooms to a very tucked away and private men's room...a men's room with a handicapped stall the size of a small apartment. There is no more joyous bit of sanctuary in the whole of downtown Austin the morning (afternoon) after a night of drinking when you wake up in (hopefully) some ol' broad's bed or (more likely) some strangers couch.

I think those of us not tailgating should meet at Scholtz's Sat. afternoon. It is a short but pleasant walk from there to the game. Great atmosphere all around with local politicians, students etc.

I have a buddy with season tickets, could prob get you better seats with those (though surrounded by orange I would think). I will encourage him to post in the exchange.

I had a chance to sit in one of the club areas of the stadium but would prefer to be surrounded by Green. Calling in my order tomorrow.

While I encourage buying through the ticket office, I also want to have as much green in the stands as possible so I'm putting this link out there for folks who might be looking for a slightly cheaper ticket:

http://www.stubhub.com/university-of-texas-football-tickets/texas-vs-north-texas-8-30-2014-4456332/

2 tickets in the upper endzone for $61.40, the rest are $75+ . The visitors sideline is marked on the map

My guess is the ticket office tickets will be in section 32 or maybe 131/132. I saw on some earlier posts that the official visitor tickets (sold through the ticket office) might be in the corner or endzone, so who knows. Does anyone know officially where these tickets will be so we can try to clump together?

edited to add TicketCity link below:

http://www.ticketcity.com/austin-tickets/north-texas-mean-green-at-texas-longhorns-aug-30-2014-1123667.html

Edited by 10Eagle10
  • Upvote 1

The UNT brain trust needs to get creative and actually push for a way to get UNT students to the game in Austin. We seem to have a "Ho HUM that's the way we've always done it here" mentality about turning fans into fanatics who will ultimately make financial, economic and PR synergy. Get on your phones and MAKE IT HAPPEN UNT.

• Upvote 2

The UNT brain trust needs to get creative and actually push for a way to get UNT students to the game in Austin. We seem to have a "Ho HUM that's the way we've always done it here" mentality about turning fans into fanatics who will ultimately make financial, economic and PR synergy. Get on your phones and MAKE IT HAPPEN UNT.

I agree. What about buses or even a train (Amtrak) trip. MAKE IT HAPPEN UNT has a nice ring. Whatever we do we need to do SOMETHING. Coach Mac has gone out of his way to create enthusiasm for game day but he can't do it all. You are right about the "Ho Hum" attitude, cogido, there just has to be a way to light a fire under our alums and students and I think creating a fun and safe way to get to Austin and other places may be the ticket. A creative marketing department should be working with transportation alternatives to the automobile.