Central Arkansas (12/17/13)

CMJ

What are our rec league teams like this year? Think Idiot Benny's teams could win a campus championship? Anyone else think that if given a week to practice/prepare Mac could beat Benny with a squad made up of his football players? Did we ever find out if Benny rents or owns? In Denton? What's his shoe size?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What are our rec league teams like this year? Think Idiot Benny's teams could win a campus championship? Anyone else think that if given a week to practice/prepare Mac could beat Benny with a squad made up of his football players? Did we ever find out if Benny rents or owns? In Denton? What's his shoe size?

We don't have a football player over 6-foot-5. They'd struggle on the boards.

Not making a thing. Loser donates to scholarship fund. And I only bet what I can afford to lose/donate. ;-)

I just hope some of Benford's supporters (looking at Ernie, here) realize this wasn't the players fault this year or last and this can't continue past the new year.

Four wins away Baby!! Wayland up next...make it three wins away as that one is in the bag...OK, maybe not as I just finished watching in person this tean get destroyed ... With a capital D ... By SFA, and struggle mightily with UCA. Nothing seems in the bag with this team. But 7 wins before conference gives me hope that that 10 win mark can indeed be hit! But, right now I am super glad you did not take me up on the $5000. :-)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Four wins away Baby!! Wayland up next...make it three wins away as that one is in the bag...OK, maybe not as I just finished watching in person this tean get destroyed ... With a capital D ... By SFA, and struggle mightily with UCA. Nothing seems in the bag with this team. But 7 wins before conference gives me hope that that 10 win mark can indeed be hit! But, right now I am super glad you did not take me up on the $5000. :-)

Man, I dunno. I can't remember if we said 10 or more than 10 wins, but I get he feeling that we may have to re-visit the thread to see at the end of this season. Wayland is huge for you, as I see a struggle to win 4 conference games. At this point, I think 4 would be a huge achievement.

Like I said, never bet more than you can afford to lose/donate. A lesson for the young lads on the board.

Man, I dunno. I can't remember if we said 10 or more than 10 wins, but I get he feeling that we may have to re-visit the thread to see at the end of this season. Wayland is huge for you, as I see a struggle to win 4 conference games. At this point, I think 4 would be a huge achievement.

Like I said, never bet more than you can afford to lose/donate. A lesson for the young lads on the board.

The number was ten...plain and simple...you said we would not win 10.... No craw fishing now that that big win over UCA was sealed!

I feel two in a row coming with Wayland up next.....but...NO WAY ANY win...any...is assured this year! Remember...I just watched, in person, the SFA and UCA games....with this team ZERO is guaranteed. Don't write that check just yet...conference is coming. I recall you saying that UNT better have the 10 before conference starts or it might not happen. Don't have 10 yet...conference is coming.

• Upvote 1

There is a walk on who played in the rec league. Every year they chose one player. But why would they play a non scholarship player... They do not even play Austin Mitchell who walked on.

• Upvote 1

I'm certain circa '02-'05 rec-league teams would give this team a run for it's money.

He'd better be on a month-to-month...or have a Craigslist sub-let ad at the ready.

Sorry...but no matter what the golden-age of rec-ball was the last full year of the P.E.B. and the first full year at the new Rec Center.

That's the most true fact that has ever been factualized.

Our little school's most recent national championship that nobody knows about came from that era.