Las Vegas Sun: Rebels Administration Searching For Ways

CMJ

People paying $75 a ticket aren't gonna go to a bowl game? Give me a break.

I guess you don't get corporate support and sponsorship? You know, where corporations but up blocks of tickets and then give them to employees or customers, who may or may not attend?

And, where exactly do you get the 16k figure? Did I miss that post?

We all hope for a huge UNT crowd. I just think some of you have completely unrealistic expectations and are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

I expect the "why can't we get fans to a bowl game" thread to occur at about 1:30pm on 01/01/14.

I guess you don't get corporate support and sponsorship? You know, where corporations but up blocks of tickets and then give them to employees or customers, who may or may not attend?

And, where exactly do you get the 16k figure? Did I miss that post?

We all hope for a huge UNT crowd. I just think some of you have completely unrealistic expectations and are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

I expect the "why can't we get fans to a bowl game" thread to occur at about 1:30pm on 01/01/14.

Just like that time you ripped the team to shreds after the 2nd quarter of the Ball state game?

• Upvote 4

Just like that time you ripped the team to shreds after the 2nd quarter of the Ball state game?

Uh...ok?

Tea..

China...

Price?

Can't wait for your thread ripping alumni for not showing up. I expect that to happen at about 1:35pm, 01/01/14..

Edited by UNT90

The walk up crowd could be significant if the ticket prices are reasonable. I wonder if we are giving good discounts to all the Dallas and Dallas area high school students?

Day of game walk up sales will make us very happy or very sad. Been saying that from the git-go almost since the day we were invited.

A 92,000 seat stadium takes away any sense of urgency for casuals and borderlines fans to buy last week, to buy now or even Christmas week..............IMO.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

The walk up crowd could be significant if the ticket prices are reasonable. I wonder if we are giving good discounts to all the Dallas and Dallas area high school students?

That would be the HOD bowl committee's job. Our job is to sell our allottment, their job is to sell the rest and promote the game in the community.

Heart of Dallas said that they had sold roughly 5,000 tickets. They didn't say it publicly but I have sources and I've been right regarding attendance ever since I started my Twitter account, so choose what you want to believe.

Didn't you say we averaged 10k to 13k students at home games (or something to that effect)? Not exactly a flawless track record. I hope you're right though and whatever the number is it needs to keep going up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thinking rationally would be realizing that more than half that crowd were students who were in semester, got free admission to the game (i know, I know, they paid student fees, but you know what I mean), and the game wasn't on a holiday where they may be back home with their family.

But that green logic cool aid much taste swell.

Haha…funny. And I'll keep laughing on January 1st when I see ~ 25-30k mean green fans cheering on their football team.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

With the lack of response Im getting from folks I know and work with I'll consider it a huge success if we have 20k in green.

Exactly. So far I don't even have as many going with me to the game than is in my season ticket block of 7. 20k and i'd be shocked.

Didn't you say we averaged 10k to 13k students at home games (or something to that effect)? Not exactly a flawless track record. I hope you're right though and whatever the number is it needs to keep going up.

Actually, I said we had anywhere from 6-13K at the home games and you chose to argue with me about butts in seats. Well, when the entire student side is full and bleeds into the lower endzone like it did for Rice and UTEP that's about 13,000 students. But think what you want, I couldn't give less of a damn if I tried to. There will be 30, maybe 40 at this game, and then y'all will bitch about this weird infatuation y'all have with butts.

Guaranteed.

Give me a break.

This place remains the Tumblr of Mean green land.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3

Stop it!

You must be unrealistically rah-rah on here about everything!

No you stop it! We must be incredibly morose and negative about anything related to our alma mater because god forbid anything good ever happen to us. WE DESERVE THE WORST IN THE WORLD, 90. Might as well be playing a high school team, amirite?!?!?!?!

• Upvote 2

The truth most likely lies somewhere in between......

No you stop it! We must be incredibly morose and negative about anything related to our alma mater because god forbid anything good ever happen to us. WE DESERVE THE WORST IN THE WORLD, 90. Might as well be playing a high school team, amirite?!?!?!?!

Lol!

We will pack 92k into the Cotton Bowl, Mofos!!!!

Better?

Unrealistic hopes lead to disappointment and eventual abandonment of subject for which that hope was targeted.

I see 16-20k actual bodies in seats as a HUGE win for this program, which apparently is Something you unrealistic rah rah guys just don't understand.

• Upvote 1

Lol!

We will pack 92k into the Cotton Bowl, Mofos!!!!

Better?

Unrealistic hopes lead to disappointment and eventual abandonment of subject for which that hope was targeted.

I see 16-20k actual bodies in seats as a HUGE win for this program, which apparently is Something you unrealistic rah rah guys just don't understand.

Tell me more about the unrealistic hopes and disappointments that led you to be such a curmudgeon. Positivity breeds positivity and conversely negativity only serves to make everybody feel like a wet towel. Keep up the good work, Scrooge.

Tell me more about the unrealistic hopes and disappointments that led you to be such a curmudgeon. Positivity breeds positivity and conversely negativity only serves to make everybody feel like a wet towel. Keep up the good work, Scrooge.

Again, what you don't get is 16k-20k for a bowl is a huge positive for this program.

But that doesn't help you see me in the light that you wish to see me, now does it?

Maybe you should work on your perception of others?

Again, what you don't get is 16k-20k for a bowl is a huge positive for this program.

But that doesn't help you see me in the light that you wish to see me, now does it?

Maybe you should work on your perception of others?

Naw man I'm good. In all reality your acceptance of mediocrity is reflective of our school's seemed desire to stay mediocre. 20k for a bowl in our own backyard would be nothing less than shameful. You can polish that turd however you see fit, as you seem to have more life experience with unrealistic hopes and expectations. God forbid we have standards!