Kill 4, Maim And Wound 9 Others...10 Years Probabion.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/12/10/5408563/teen-sentenced-to-10-years-probation.html

FORT WORTH A Keller teenager who pleaded guilty to driving drunk and causing collisions that killed four people in June was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years probation.

State District Judge Jean Boyd ordered the 16-year-old to receive therapy at a long-term, in-patient facility. He will stay in Tarrant County juvenile detention until the juvenile probation department prepares a report about possible treatment programs.

Unebelivable!!!! BTW, not one time on TV, radio or in print was it ever mentioned that he tried to flee, yet an NT alumn and wife of a gmg.com poster was the one who found this kid after he tried to flee the scene on foot.

Rick

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Prison is for people who are a danger to society. Maybe this kid is salvageable. Maybe not. Certainly his probation will require him to jump through a lot of hoops.

He is a danger to society and his parents will have him out and about in no time to let him prove it. The picture their high dollar attorney painted, which stretched to the point that basically claims he's the victim here,was a complete fabrication.

I like the part where it claims he had no friends. I guess his brother and six others riding around with him that night just happened to jump on board by chance?

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Prison is for people who are a danger to society. Maybe this kid is salvageable. Maybe not. Certainly his probation will require him to jump through a lot of hoops.

Let's take a look, shall we?

Stole two cases of beer that night to get drunk on- Theft

Killed four people while DWI- 4 counts intox manslaughter

Ran over several others- 2 counts intox assault

Fled the scene- Failure to stop and render aid

Fled from police- Evading arrest

But prison is for people who are a danger to society, right? The gang bangers and such, right? Because I can tell you, with absolute certainty, I've never worked or heard of an instance where an inner-city thug killed four, paralyzed another, put one more in a coma and maimed three more just for good measure.

But this is just drunk driving. What's that we always read on this board, "Who among us HASN'T had one too many?"

Bullshit. Plain and simple.

• Upvote 7

Let's take a look, shall we?

Stole two cases of beer that night to get drunk on- Theft

Killed four people while DWI- 4 counts intox manslaughter

Ran over several others- 2 counts intox assault

Fled the scene- Failure to stop and render aid

Fled from police- Evading arrest

But prison is for people who are a danger to society, right? The gang bangers and such, right? Because I can tell you, with absolute certainty, I've never worked or heard of an instance where an inner-city thug killed four, paralyzed another, put one more in a coma and maimed three more just for good measure.

But this is just drunk driving. What's that we always read on this board, "Who among us HASN'T had one too many?"

Bullshit. Plain and simple.

HesRightYouKnowMorganFreeman_zps8afb3143

• Upvote 5

The problem is more or less how the system works and not just this particular judge. From other sources I've read, the judge's reasoning was that if he was sent to juvenile he would likely be released when he turns 18 in 2 years. By putting him under strict probation for 10, the kid is still kept under watch and will be handed a more severe punishment if he violates his parole.

From what I gather, apparently this was a no-win situation for the judge....?????

The problem is more or less how the system works and not just this particular judge. From other sources I've read, the judge's reasoning was that if he was sent to juvenile he would likely be released when he turns 18 in 2 years. By putting him under strict probation for 10, the kid is still kept under watch and will be handed a more severe punishment if he violates his parole.

From what I gather, apparently this was a no-win situation for the judge....?????

Could the judge not try and sentence him as an adult?

Lots of requirements have to be met to do that. I believe it has to be a very violent crime.

Murder and such. Otherwise I think jurisdiction stops at 21 at the most,not completely positive

A number of drivers in drunk driving fatalities have been charged with 2nd degree murder. And as far as "very violent crime," killing 4 people would seem to qualify.

A number of drivers in drunk driving fatalities have been charged with 2nd degree murder. And as far as "very violent crime," killing 4 people would seem to qualify.

Well evidently that's not what he was charged with. Didn't say it was right but I agree this is more of a system deal than the judge being lenient.

It was a no win situation, and it's a no win system. Probation is a joke. I've been a probation officer in Denton County. Probation is designed to keep jails from overcrowding. Think about that and then tell me how likely one is to be revoked.

Since the judge is blaming the parents and not the kid..... I am hoping the the families of the victims can sue his parents for millions to the point it hurts and get it. Maybe that will get their attention.