HoD Bowl announcement time?

MeanGreenTexan

According to their website, they are going to announce the teams who are playing in the HoD Bowl TODAY.

http://theheartofdallas.org/events.php

Heart of Dallas Bowl Presented by PlainsCapital Bank January 1, 2014 | Historic Cotton Bowl in Fair Park

Teams to be announced December 2

Anyone know what time the HoD Bowl committee is supposed to announce the teams they have chosen?

Notable Twitter accounts:

Heart of Dallas:

@weheartdallas

@HODBowl

Great view for the @MeanGreenFB vs @UTSAFTBL! pic.twitter.com/p8Zy6n3oC4

— Heart of Dallas Bowl (@HODBowl)

November 23, 2013

Armed Forces Bowl:

@armedforcesbowl

1 month from today two teams will be facing off in the #BellAFB #countdown

— LM Armed Forces Bowl (@ArmedForcesBowl)

December 1, 2013

Liberty Bowl
@AZOlibertybowl

Military Bowl

@MilitaryBowl

We're 13 days away from finding out our matchup and 32 days from game day! Got your tickets yet? http://t.co/UKUuqS4Hvu

— Military Bowl (@MilitaryBowl)

November 25, 2013
  • Upvote 1

I called the UNT ticket office today (12-2-13) and they said CUSA does not intend to announce the Bowl teams until after the conference championship game in a week. They are anticipating the HOD Bowl but not definite.

That is because if Rice loses they C-USA Championship game they will expect to go to Heart of Dallas as the consolation. C-USA will be in a pickle because UNT will bring more fans but they need to keep Rice (a legacy member) happy.

That is because if Rice loses they C-USA Championship game they will expect to go to Heart of Dallas as the consolation. C-USA will be in a pickle because UNT will bring more fans but they need to keep Rice (a legacy member) happy.

It's not up to CUSA, though.

I'd put money on HoD.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

Then they better send NT to the NOB otherwise our fans won't travel huge numbers to Hawaii, Florida, or Washington DC. I certainly won't go to those three bowels.

• Downvote 1

Very good point.

Do keep in mind, however, that Banowsky is on the board of directors for the HOD Bowl; and if he is firm that the C-USA team they should pick is Rice, there is a good chance that the rest will follow his lead.

This could be the case.

I think Banowsky would need to do a lot of explaining though. And even if he does, I think $$ will be too big of an argument against Rice and for North Texas.

I'm sure the HOD wants no part of Rice and their 200 traveling fans..

Rice has an average attendance of about 21,215 but with the help of home game with Houston (34,831). Without that game they would likely not be above 20,000.