Tee Goree from Carthage commits to UNT

UNT90

Nice!

This is just the good news I needed after last Saturday. I'm happy we got Tee, but am also ecstatic we got Rutherford. It will be interesting to see how this class shapes up, we should have some JUCO players commit here in the next couple weeks.

Seriously? That'd be nice! Maybe Max martial?

For those who haven't been following his recruiting thread, he will be playing in the offense-defense All-American bowl in Orlando this year. That may be the third most prestigious high school all-star game in the country. A lot of SEC, ACC, and other AQ conference commits will be playing in that game. He'll have a chance to prove himself against the best in the country and represent us and Carthage on a big stage.

For those who haven't been following his recruiting thread, he will be playing in the offense-defense All-American bowl in Orlando this year. That may be the third most prestigious high school all-star game in the country. A lot of SEC, ACC, and other AQ conference commits will be playing in that game. He'll have a chance to prove himself against the best in the country and represent us and Carthage on a big stage.

I think it'd be nice to have the given name Max Martial Arts. However, you'd constantly be expected to kick major ass. What if you weren't into physical conflict? Maybe it wouldn't be so great after all.

- Jack Handy

• Upvote 1

I have no inside info, I do think we'll have a JUCO LB commit at the very least with all the offers out at that position. I'm still not sure if Max Martial is actually visiting or not, the rivals visit date could be a typo since scout & 247 don't have a date listed. You would think we are the clear cut favorite given that he is from Florida and would probably fit in better in Texas than Wyoming or Idaho but what do I know? My money is on Akii Smith committing, he has retweeted UNT football stuff once or twice, played high school ball in Oklahoma and all his offers are from schools east of Texas besides New Mexico.

Yup. Our two outside receivers will be between Kidsy, Terrell, Goree, and maybe Fonzale Davis although he is most likely a slot and will backup Carlos Harris.

This is what good programs do. Reloading rather than rebuilding.

Yup. Our two outside receivers will be between Kidsy, Terrell, Goree, and maybe Fonzale Davis although he is most likely a slot and will backup Carlos Harris.

This is what good programs do. Reloading rather than rebuilding.

Also, don't forget Jalen Adams, one of the best high school receivers in Oklahoma, who should also be a slot receiver. I like Rutherford because you can't coach height and he'll give short corners fits.

When we have receivers like that we will be forced to throw more often. This could really open up our offense.

• Upvote 1

Also, don't forget Jalen Adams, one of the best high school receivers in Oklahoma, who should also be a slot receiver. I like Rutherford because you can't coach height and he'll give short corners fits.

When we have receivers like that we will be forced to throw more often. This could really open up our offense.

Absolutely. The key word is should. We have the weapons, as was an excuse in the past, and we have some young talent at qb. We should be able to air it out and I hope playcalling doesn't hinder that
  • Upvote 2

We'll still have road graders up front and some very nice RBs (headlined by Pegram). Our HC is still going to be Dan McCarney.

We're going to be running the ball. A lot. Especially next year with either lil Mac, DW, or BB (all runners) running the show.

Is Mac retiring?

• Upvote 1

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Terian-Goree-152367

Likey!

You know what, though? You gotta wonder what CU Buffalo fans think about their lot these days. They are competing with mid-majors for recruits...and losing! :D

Funny you should mention that. Here's his thread from their fan forum. Very elitist fans and saying things like he would only pick us over Colorado us so he could stay close to mama. Definitely a fan base in denial. Read the recent posts after he committed today.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/92913-14-TX-WR-Terian-quot-Tee-quot-Goree

They are a pac 12 school, but they haven't been relevant since they got smashed 70-3 in the 2005 big 12 championship game.

Edited by BillySee58

How about a shout out to the UNT Coaching staff, specifically recruiting coordinator Noah Joseph who is spearheading our efforts. Good recruiting does not occur overnight, their hard work is starting to pay major dividends.

Agree.

Look at what these guys have built with what Todd Dodge left them. Outside of the D-line, we are getting better recruits all the way around. The DL this year is full of experienced guys, and we've been passed over by the injury bug. I worry about next season there with Abbe, Sarge, & crew gone.

We pass as much as we run...

People mistake missed throws and dropped passing plays for either run plays or plays that never happened.

Problem is we passed on the last 13 or 14 plays if the UTSA game.

Always having to catch up at the end to even it out.

It's not how much we throw the football, it's WHEN we throw the football. Hopefully Goree and Rutherford help change this terrible pattern.

It's not how much we throw the football, it's WHEN we throw the football. Hopefully Goree and Rutherford help change this terrible pattern.

And, more importantly to me, when we run the ball. Like against a 9 or 10 man front for instance.

I sure hope so on your last point. When we started the UTSA game I counted at least 3 attempts early that would have gone for big yards. Receivers had their men beat. It wasn't the we were not trying early. It's that it wasn't working.

Is passing and missing over and over better than banging a head against wall by running? If a qb is off, for whatever reason, running is less dangerous.

• Upvote 2

I sure hope so on your last point. When we started the UTSA game I counted at least 3 attempts early that would have gone for big yards. Receivers had their men beat. It wasn't the we were not trying early. It's that it wasn't working.

Is passing and missing over and over better than banging a head against wall by running? If a qb is off, for whatever reason, running is less dangerous.

One thing I have noticed with DT is that he is a much better QB the more he throws. He needs to get into a rhthym. Can't just go out there and start nailing receivers from the 1st throw. His good games are where we have thrown the ball early and often. His bad games are where we pound our head against a 9 man front and only throw late.

He wasn't successful against Ball St. early. It took some time to find that rhthym.

• Upvote 2