Did He Make this Shot

andrewrozell

I can see 36 fan faces in that picture. Of those, two are reading books, one is staring off at the other end of the pit, one appears to be praying, one is staring intently at her husband's head, zero are standing, zero appear to be cheering in any way.

Is there still a home court advantage?

Once we get an opponent with some name recognition it might get the fans in attendance to get excited. The students aren't turning out in the same numbers from early last season or the year before, but those that did come were involved and as loud as they could be. So maybe a slight advantage, but nothing like we've seen recently.

Once we get an opponent with some name recognition it might get the fans in attendance to get excited. The students aren't turning out in the same numbers from early last season or the year before, but those that did come were involved and as loud as they could be. So maybe a slight advantage, but nothing like we've seen recently.

I think there is still an home court advantage. I am confident the opposing players can hear my taunts from the front row. I will continue to believe I have some impact!

There won't be a recognizable opponent in the Super Pit until conference play begins on 1/9/14.

What was most surprising about the Nichols game is that the student support has gone down dramatically.

I can see 36 fan faces in that picture. Of those, two are reading books, one is staring off at the other end of the pit, one appears to be praying, one is staring intently at her husband's head, zero are standing, zero appear to be cheering in any way.

Is there still a home court advantage?

There were a few more on the other side of the court. But, turnout was not good. Not many students AT ALL. Really too bad. Think what you will about the head coach and/or the opponents...the players did not make those decisions. Too bad so many fans gave taken their unhappiness out on the players by not showing up to support them and create that "home court advantage". They may see it as a protest against the administration, but it manifests itself in empty seats and a lack of support for the players. Too bad, but it is what it is.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There were a few more on the other side of the court. But, turnout was not good. Not many students AT ALL. Really too bad. Think what you will about the head coach and/or the opponents...the players did not make those decisions. Too bad so many fans gave taken their unhappiness out on the players by not showing up to support them and create that "home court advantage". They may see it as a protest against the administration, but it manifests itself in empty seats and a lack of support for the players. Too bad, but it is what it is.

The opportunity to really hook people in was missed (by a lot) last season. It's nothing but die hards, irrational optimists, and masochists left with an ever smaller number of people trying on UNT basketball to see if they like it.

How long before something is done to arrest the slide?

It's basketball... Nothing else needs to be said. It is the best sport on the face of the earth and takes incredible skill. It's like watching a game of chess played out but ten times better. Basketball sells itself.

No bro, winning sells itself and if you don't know that, you just haven't called me yet. #MM4L

• Upvote 1

I haven't been able to attend a home game in a good number of years. I have, however, been a fixture in the chatroom for most of the games for quite a few years.

That used to be a happening, fun place to be. Last game we had maybe 5 people in the 1st half and absolutely no one in the second half.

Depressing.

Actual attendance has fallen off along those lines

I haven't been able to attend a home game in a good number of years. I have, however, been a fixture in the chatroom for most of the games for quite a few years.

That used to be a happening, fun place to be. Last game we had maybe 5 people in the 1st half and absolutely no one in the second half.

Depressing.

I apologize...I did have a prior commitment.

Depressing.

#teapotproblems