Columbia (11/21/13)

CMJ

So was Michigan St. and I'd say they are pretty good at rebounding.

Just remember NT90 makes rash decisions not based on fact. Still we should have out rebounded them, but more importantly we should have defend the three better. A almost win that really should have been a win. One little bounce of the ball this way or that way and we win. No excuse in not beating Idaho tomorrow.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just remember NT90 makes rash decisions not based on fact. Still we should have out rebounded them, but more importantly we should have defend the three better. A almost win that really should have been a win. One little bounce of the ball this way or that way and we win. No excuse in not beating Idaho tomorrow.

Classic post, Skiver, just classic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

... really? I bet there will be some. Something along the lines of:

"we should have out rebounded them, but more importantly we should have defend the three better. A almost win that really should have been a win. One little bounce of the ball this way or that way and we win."

• Upvote 3

I turned it off right after Hank said, "...and can you believe it? 5 different players have made 3's for Columbia".

Of course we can believe it!! We heard the same thing ALL season last year. This is what UNT basketball has become under Benford! We don't play together and constantly give up wide open shots from all over the floor. I think this would be less hard to take if we didn't have Benford telling us every offseason that we're going to be a defense first basketball team. We don't play smart defense. Will we ever???

Really no use discussing men's basketball on this board at all this year...every loss will be 100% credited to Benford and every win will be 100% credited to the players alone. The "usual suspects" have made that quite clear. No need to even post anything that even remotely differs from that opinion.

You are wasting you time if you think there will be any sense of a real discussion this entire season....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No more excuses. Not even the Benny blowhards and apologists can defend this. Please get rid of this man RV.

There's no way, I mean no way, that this university is going to buy out his contract after this year. He will be here, at a BARE minimum, of another year before that will be considered. My guess is that we have him for two additional years beyond this one before the consideration of firing him would happen.

There's no way, I mean no way, that this university is going to buy out his contract after this year. He will be here, at a BARE minimum, of another year before that will be considered. My guess is that we have him for two additional years beyond this one before the consideration of firing him would happen.

That seems like the most likely possibility at this point.

Oh I agree but man this hire is a disaster. Our next coach will have to virtually start from scratch. It wont' be as hard as a decade ago probably but the work JJ put into this thing is close to crumbled if not already. Such a shame.

Oh I agree but man this hire is a disaster. Our next coach will have to virtually start from scratch. It wont' be as hard as a decade ago probably but the work JJ put into this thing is close to crumbled if not already. Such a shame.

I think Benford was definitely the wrong man and a disaster last season. I opined on this board in fact that he should have been fired.

But that didn't happen and I unlike many are willing to see what he does this year. The Northwood game was a travesty but I think the team has shown some promise in the other real games. JJ did not exactly tear up the OC and usually played a schedule not much better than this years team.

Unlike last year, there are actually reasons to start out slow. NT has three players returning that played last year, Walton who set out last year, and the rest of basically the vagabonds of college basketball. It is going some time for this team to come together, and everyone needs to get healthy. I didn't expect anything out of this team, but I think they could be at least competitive in CUSA. Something they weren't in the lowly Belt last year.