Weather for UTSA game

Zeke

I like keeping up with Steve McCauley on his Facebook page. Here is the latest from him:

"OK...this will be the storm system to watch over the next several days. Two disturbances off the coast of Japan will be merging over the next couple of days and then take a winding path across the Pacific and may just rapidly intensify as it moves into the SW United States by next weekend.

At the same time this storm is moving into Texas, another large batch of cold Canadian air will be poised just to the north. If the timing works out we will have this cold air diving into Texas as the Low passes over the state.

Now, this is NOT arctic air, so I am not all that convinced that we can make 'you know what,' so right now the potential - not the guarantee - but the potential of a significant cold rain may be coming next weekend (Friday-Saturday). The stat method gives it a 50-50 probability, so we will be watching this storm merger over the next week and post updates along the way.

Until then, enjoy the Indian Summer this weekend with temperatures well into the 70s on Saturday and into the 80s on Sunday!"

Rain or no rain 20k.

This team has EARNED that amount of loyalty and I think you'll see it next Saturday.

I agree. This excellent 7-3 start should certainly help keep the attendance up no matter the weather.

We have been fortunate to have mostly good weather for the five home games except for it being really hot for the Ball State afternoon game. However, that hot weather might have been the deciding factor in Ball State falling apart in the second half.

I seriously think that many of us subconsciously HOPE for failure. This is the best team we've fielded in years in a meaningful late season game. Let's get excited about it instead of searching for phantom reasons as to why it's all gonna go to hell in a hand basket.

I agree, oldguystudent, and remember, whatever the forecast is this far out is almost guaranteed to be wrong when the time comes. Forecast rain this far out, look for sunny skies on game day. If I'm wrong, what are ponchos for anyway? (And make them green).

I seriously think that many of us subconsciously HOPE for failure. This is the best team we've fielded in years in a meaningful late season game. Let's get excited about it instead of searching for phantom reasons as to why it's all gonna go to hell in a hand basket.

What? I put up a weather report and encouraged everyone to invite people. I understand you need a cause to stand for - this isn't a good one.

• Upvote 3