UTSA ....Can we get a crowd like UTEP or bigger?

trussbussdad

If anyone knows anything about CUSA football, they know that this is a BIG game. UTSA has played their way back into the division race and winning out is the only way they can do it.

Way too many people sitting on their hands yesterday. I don't care if its 26k again as long as everyone can simply put their hands together repeatedly to generate noise.

If anyone knows anything about CUSA football, they know that this is a BIG game. UTSA has played their way back into the division race and winning out is the only way they can do it.

Way too many people sitting on their hands yesterday. I don't care if its 26k again as long as everyone can simply put their hands together repeatedly to generate noise.

Cut the crowd some slack, most of the people who were haven't been to a game in a while so I'm sure they forgot how to handle defensive third down stands. ?

Personally, it's hard to imagine a scenario in which this game ends up being more sparsely attended than the UTEP game. I think a blowout win on HC will help convince some stragglers to hop aboard the bandwagon. And I just don't see student attendace falling off. I sat in the student section yesterday for the first time since I was a student. It was electric.

• Upvote 1

My guess is 750-1000. They had most of 2 lower sections filled and when looking around the stadium for orange, maybe they would have completely filled two sections, which I think is roughly 1000 seats. Again, just a guess.

Not as many as some were predicting, but easily the most visiting fans so far this season.

24,606 showed up in San Antonio.

25,391 previous home game.

25,272 against Rice

I think it's safe to say the novelty is starting to wear off. If they don't start winning soon, they'll be in the mid teens within 2 seasons.

Excellent logic professor. Lets talk again after the season when the average attendance rankings are out. As of right now UTSA is still averaging over 30K and UNT with this week's game should be around 22-23K Our last home game is always a big bump

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Excellent logic professor. Lets talk again after the season when the average attendance rankings are out. As of right now UTSA is still averaging over 30K and UNT with this week's game should be around 22-23K Our last home game is always a big bump

I don't think he's saying anything about having a higher attendance record than y'all, just that yours is trending downward.

And your "last home game is always a big bump"? Haven't you only had two ever?

• Upvote 1

I don't think he's saying anything about having a higher attendance record than y'all, just that yours is trending downward.

And your "last home game is always a big bump"? Haven't you only had two ever?

Yes only 2 but the trends are the same thus far. Home games 4 and 5 have the lowest attendance while the first and the last are always the best.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yes, in all of utsa's three year history, the last home game is always a bump. Geeze.

• Upvote 2