UTSA ....Can we get a crowd like UTEP or bigger?

trussbussdad

According to the UTSA boards, they're bringing as many as 3 busses now. That's just one effort I'm aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought more than UTEP. Bring 'em on. The more Roadrunners there to witness the beating, the better.

Those short, half busses don't count.

I disagree with some of the others. I think it was the best showing since Houston. They were spread out throughout the stadium and I would guess 1200-1500.

There were quite a few pockets of UTEP fans in the WingZone. Was not expecting it. Also! Saw my friend and old conducting professor, Dr T Andre Feagin up there with some of his Marching Miner Regiment leaders with him. He got his doctorate here, hence why he was hanging out with Dr Williams on the podium for the whole of the 3rd quarter.

Excellent logic professor. Lets talk again after the season when the average attendance rankings are out. As of right now UTSA is still averaging over 30K and UNT with this week's game should be around 22-23K Our last home game is always a big bump

So you want to include Oklahoma State's neutral-site game at the Alamodome against some south Texas school (which is what it was to them, else they wouldn't have signed the contract). What's the attendance average there in the other games this year where you had to rely on your own fans? Low 20's ? That's still pretty good considering.

Also, if Rice wins this week and next Thursday UTSA will be eliminated from West Division contention before our game even kicks off.

Are you sure about that? Would it not still be possible for UTSA to hold the tie breaker if Tulane then beats Rice, since they might be tied with us, Rice and (possibly) Tulane, and have 2 H-H wins in a 4 way tie?

(in a very theoretical world)

Edited by outoftown

Are you sure about that? Would it not still be possible for UTSA to hold the tie breaker if Tulane then beats Rice, since they might be tied with us, Rice and (possibly) Tulane?

If North Texas beats UTSA then it really doesn't matter what happens from thereon out.

Does anyone know if the shuttle will be continued for the UTSA game? It seemed a success Saturday. The 6:15 bus that I was on was almost full and we can assume that the 7:00 one was as well. I overheard some people say they had come from the DART Walnut Hill station and transferred to the ATRAIN at Trinity Mills and would not have come if they had had to fight I-35. Our driver was very helpful and had a great sense of humor. He also said that the enthusiasm and ridership had grown a lot since the Middle game. This thing is not only a great convenience, but helps attendance as well. Lets keep it going.

There were quite a few pockets of UTEP fans in the WingZone. Was not expecting it. Also! Saw my friend and old conducting professor, Dr T Andre Feagin up there with some of his Marching Miner Regiment leaders with him. He got his doctorate here, hence why he was hanging out with Dr Williams on the podium for the whole of the 3rd quarter.

Thought UTEP brought a nice number of people considering their record, and distance. I think UTSA will bring a good crowd -- more than UTEP, less than Houston.

As far as the busses and travel plans -- Lots of people make plans that fall through so it's hard to judge by just that. A couple of my UTSA alumni friends planned to come but now can't. That's 6 less.

I realize this can go both ways but I'm using this as an example.

• Upvote 1