My Wish Next Game

NewUNTFan8

is that the alumni side fills up before the team hits the field. The student side looks great and they have done their part but it's embarrassing that people are still filing in even after kick-off. C'mon folks. How great for the team to see both sides filled when they come on the field.

It should be much better for homecoming as compared to Rice. It was a work night and Halloween. This should be better.

Funny in the 12 years I have had season tickets I have never seen the student section as full as the alumni section, not even close but I had to miss the Rice game.

ULL last year was more students.

To defend alumni last game, I left downtown Dallas at 4:40 - had the HOV lane on 35 from 635 to north of 121, and JUST made the kickoff. Halloween/rush hour traffic is BAD.

In my 5 years I think I have seen the alumni side have more fans than the student side maybe once or twice

Take a walk to the end zone and look at both, its not even close. I wish it were different, the students could fill the current capacity by themselves

Geez, not this again.

Is this a goofy argument I missed in the past, I would be happy if the students kicked the Alumi's butts. I want the thing so full there is standing room only and then the next phase built and full again.

Take a walk to the end zone and look at both, its not even close. I wish it were different, the students could fill the current capacity by themselves

If the students filled the stadium what would all you alumni complain about on here?

• Upvote 1

If the students filled the stadium what would all you alumni complain about on here?

That they were eligible to win an Ipad and we weren't? In all fairness to the pretext of the thread, each side should be eligible for two Ipads, but to be win, ticket must be scanned before the team runs on the field.

Edited by eulessismore

Is this a goofy argument I missed in the past, I would be happy if the students kicked the Alumi's butts. I want the thing so full there is standing room only and then the next phase built and full again.

We've explained the hell out of it in the past. It will take time to graduate the current generation of students who support the program and slowly fill out the alumni side. it just seems that some people don't get that. I'm with everyone here. I want a freaking sellout, every game. But it will take time to convert those seats on the alumni side to butts.

• Upvote 3

ULL last year was more students.

To defend alumni last game, I left downtown Dallas at 4:40 - had the HOV lane on 35 from 635 to north of 121, and JUST made the kickoff. Halloween/rush hour traffic is BAD.

we pretty much did the exact same thing... we had to run across the bridge to get into the game

The wish wasn't whose side fills up - the wish is that we show our support for this team by being in our seats when they hit the field. I understand this last game had its own issues (traffic, holiday, etc.), but very often I worry at kick-off if the alumni are gonna show! They get there "eventually."

GMG

Filling the alumni side is pathetic but the students are guilty also. At the kickoff, only the two sections south of the band were filled. By the end of the first quarter the remaining lower sections and most of the upper sections were filled. So students were still tailgating and walking over from the main campus side as well.

Also, don't forget there are close to 50% more seats to fill on the pressbox side. Most of the seats between the 30s on the west side are sold but not always attended. That was especially true on Halloween. Some of the late fill-in on the alumni side were students who probably came from the end or wing zone.

The crowds will get larger but I don't know how you cure arriving late.

Well.. once again I know that are many many students that are filling up the gaps in the alumni section.. I know that me and the 12 or so with us ended up leaking into the alumni section because the doc students arent rowdy enough for the student side.

The issue is going to be what happens when there is not enough "room" on the student side and they start bleeding over more and more to other parts of the stadium

Well.. once again I know that are many many students that are filling up the gaps in the alumni section.. I know that me and the 12 or so with us ended up leaking into the alumni section because the doc students arent rowdy enough for the student side.

The issue is going to be what happens when there is not enough "room" on the student side and they start bleeding over more and more to other parts of the stadium

Hey, if there's an empty seat I say fill it. If the ticketholder shows up then move to another empty seat. If the entire west stands fills then the late comers will get the end zone and the wing zone. If we get to the point of filling the stadium each game then it should be time to go to phase 2 of stadium expansion which calls for putting an upper deck on the east stands, I hope that we have that problem soon.

I am sure we would find plenty. That stadium is too freaking loud.

I was just joshing. However, it is going to take quite some time before we fill the stands. I mean hell, a lot people (including students) still think we're in the Sun Belt

As the te am came onto the field, I posted it looked like attendance was going to be about 16k because the student section was severely lacking. Even sent a pic of it to KingDL.

Students didn't completely fill in until end of 1st qtr.

For the record, I don't care when you get there as long as you get there.

Edited by UNT90