Announcment Soon - New UNT President

bdan2002

Need a proven fundraiser; not one who could be one or might be one, but a proven fundraiser who knows how to raise monies especially with Texas-based corporations and why? Like in sales, you always have real numbers to prove your point and to go by. Check out these 2 selected Texas university's 2012 endowment totals:

TSU-SM...............Approx. $119 (+/-)

UNT System.........Approx. $112 (+/-)

Maybe Dr. Monticino is the one but if hired...he really needs to be the one. UNT cannot afford to screw up on this hire at this time in our school's history. We don't need a store-keeper...we need someone who will leave the store, be well grounded with Texas politics, Austin, etc, etc, etc, but moreso....on who will go out and raise monies. For whatever reason, we seem to have lost ground in this area among other Texas colleges and universities. I defer to the above 2 totals.

GMG!

Exactly!

And to those ends, Michael has been tasked with and has achieved the following:

He was called to take up the VP position over Advancement, to prove he could adequately lead fundraising activities. By all accounts of folks from Advancement, he has succeeded there.

In regards to Tier 1, one of the major tenants of that designation is a healthy showing of active research clusters. Within the last year, Michael led from inception to completion UNT's Innovation Greenhouse which partners with industry leaders from Denton, the metroplex and beyond to advance those business and industry sectors.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Exactly!

And to those ends, Michael has been tasked with and has achieved the following:

He was called to take up the VP position over Advancement, to prove he could adequately lead fundraising activities. By all accounts of folks from Advancement, he has succeeded there.

In regards to Tier 1, one of the major tenants of that designation is a healthy showing of active research clusters. Within the last year, Michael led from inception to completion UNT's Innovation Greenhouse which partners with industry leaders from Denton, the metroplex and beyond to advance those business and industry sectors.

So, do you think it will be Michael's name announced tomorrow?

So, do you think it will be Michael's name announced tomorrow?

I actually am set to roll back my Monticino proselytizing, if only because I learned he's on the search committee. That's not to say he won't necessarily get it though; Rawlins was technically on the search committee when he was an interim... and then he got the nod.

Edited by Christopher Walker

In your opinion.

She saw an immediate spike in endowment followed by no growth...with no growth in research either.

She let Cougar High pass us by, flat out, and spread no goodwill by her being okay with UNT staying as just a backup option with a commuter reputation, despite statistics pointing otherwise. She'll be remembered for starting Emerald Eagle and being pushed out by the board.

Once again, we need a president like UH's, one that pulls no punches.

I didn't realize Bataille had a fan club.

None of you fanboys have any solid numbers to back you up, either. It's a fact that the endowment grew then stopped quickly. Research didn't ever grow. She liked Dodge for budget reasons. She didn't support Apogee. She did not improve any metric needed for tier one after the campaign started. She defended our position as second/third choice college and falsely portrayed the commuter school issue.

These are numbers easily found and quotes easily found.

Either way, this thread is derailed, I think we all want a president to push successfully to tier 1 and continue athletics support.

I need to stop posting here. Tired of it. Think I'm gonna start a weekly allotment of 5.

Might be for the best bud. You and I both were in high school and younger when she was around. I'm going to skip the hearsay and let the guys who actually witnessed her presidency tell us how she did. There are a lot of factors in endowment,budget,etc.
  • Upvote 1

Might be for the best bud. You and I both were in high school and younger when she was around. I'm going to skip the hearsay and let the guys who actually witnessed her presidency tell us how she did. There are a lot of factors in endowment,budget,etc.

She was around when I was doing research into universities. That's good enough for me, "bud."

• Downvote 4