The next 6 games

Sig381

Will North Texas win 3 more?

the la tech game will show us a lot of the teams commitment to coaching and will to win. the middle Tennessee game show what can happen when everything is clicking. now we will have to see if they can win when faced with adversity and on the road. la tech will try to run with Dixon. we have the defense to stop him but the play action will hurt us. a win at la tech is huge.

Southern miss is not looking really good right now but the team has talent. if North Texas get up on them early they will fold and then it will turn into a middle Tennessee game with a heavy run game to kill the clock. hopefully the 2nd string and 3rd string will get some game time on the road.

Rice is the team to beat right now, they are looking good. say that North Texas wins two on the road i feel that the attendance will be great ( maybe a sell out). that game will be the one pending the two road wins will be a bowl birth in many years.

Utep can put it together for a full game. they cant spot anyone on defense. " The miners will likely head into this game riding a six-game losing streak" - Brett Vito "Sports day App Blog" if that's the case that will be a game we can get more experience for the younger guys.

Utsa not a bad team but don't have the people to beat North Texas.

Tulsa not looking good but have the talent to win. hard game for North Texas.

It would take a big collapse not to win 3 more with this schedule. Massey favors NT in every game, and if you extrapolate the odds; NT has about a 40% chance to go undefeated. Doesn't mean much, but 6 wins seems at this point would be very discouraging. This is a senior team, not a rebuilding team, the time is now.

• Upvote 4

Doesn't mean much, but 6 wins seems at this point would be very discouraging.

I hear where you're coming from, and I don't completely disagree, but for a team in its first year in a new, "better" conference, I would view 6 wins as encouraging.

Not satisfying--but encouraging. Just stay healthy and keep playing hard and kicking ass, and let's see how this thing ends up...

Will North Texas win 3 more?

the la tech game will show us a lot of the teams commitment to coaching and will to win. the middle Tennessee game show what can happen when everything is clicking. now we will have to see if they can win when faced with adversity and on the road. la tech will try to run with Dixon. we have the defense to stop him but the play action will hurt us. a win at la tech is huge.

Southern miss is not looking really good right now but the team has talent. if North Texas get up on them early they will fold and then it will turn into a middle Tennessee game with a heavy run game to kill the clock. hopefully the 2nd string and 3rd string will get some game time on the road.

Rice is the team to beat right now, they are looking good. say that North Texas wins two on the road i feel that the attendance will be great ( maybe a sell out). that game will be the one pending the two road wins will be a bowl birth in many years.

Utep can put it together for a full game. they cant spot anyone on defense. " The miners will likely head into this game riding a six-game losing streak" - Brett Vito "Sports day App Blog" if that's the case that will be a game we can get more experience for the younger guys.

Utsa not a bad team but don't have the people to beat North Texas.

Tulsa not looking good but have the talent to win. hard game for North Texas.

Welcome to the board.

I like your enthusiasm and will try like I always do to not throw cold water on it, but.............we didn't sellout our new stadium's debut game against UH (who brought about 4K fans of their own) in 2011, so what do you know that we don't know that makes you feel we will do it this time around? (And in that regard, I really hope you do know something we don't know). :)

Trust me, sig381, I hope you are 100% right about the UNT/Rice attendance figures but (2 weeks before the Rice game) we would have to be out there right now selling the hell out of that game and promoting it like never before to reach 31,000. Not saying we are not doing all those things, but just going on our history here.

Nevertheless....Here's to a sellout for the Rice game on Halloween Night of which I'm bringing 3 new guests from Parker County along with many other posters on GMG.com who are loading their own buses with friends, too! 04-cheers.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to the board.

I like your enthusiasm and will try like I always do to not throw cold water on it, but.............we didn't sellout our new stadium's debut game against UH (who brought about 4K fans of their own) in 2011, so what do you know that we don't know that makes you feel we will do it this time around? (And in that regard, I really hope you do know something we don't know). :)

Trust me, sig381, I hope you are 100% right about the UNT/Rice attendance figures but (2 weeks before the Rice game) we would have to be out there right now selling the hell out of that game and promoting it like never before to reach 31,000. Not saying we are not doing all those things, but just going on our history here.

Nevertheless....Here's to a sellout for the Rice game on Halloween Night of which I'm bringing 3 new guests from Parker County along with many other posters on GMG.com who are loading their own buses with friends, too! 04-cheers.gif

UNT Enrollment: Approaching 40,000 * D-FW North Texas Alums: Over 200,000 right there. if the Mean Green win the next two you will see fans comig out of the wood pile. this is the great state of Texas we love winning football. i transferred here in 2007 from ACU after my football career ended. i have seen a small d-II school in west texas sell out game when we where winning imagine the crowds North Texas can have with that student body and alums. plus in 2007 all i heard from older stundets is how much fun it was to go the games during the early 2000s. if North Texas brings back that feeling all will start coming out. thank you for the welcome.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1