UNT lands Key Offensive Line Recruit Christopher Miles

Harry

Anyone want to bet a skinny "no sugar/no carbs" drink that he will be 3 stars before he graduates? We all have our theories on that, too, but maybe the sports lame stream media will figure out one fine day that they can also be 3 or 4 star talents w/o having to go to USC or UT, too.

GMG!

PS: I did sneak a look on ESPNU last night of much of the 2006 USC/UT game last evening though. Do I get demerits for doing that? :thumbsd::)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

PS: I did sneak a look on ESPNU last night of much of the 2006 USC/UT game last evening though. Do I get demerits for doing that? :thumbsd::)

That might have been the greatest college football game I've ever watched.

Er, ahem, excuse me, the greatest non-North Texas college football game I've ever watched.

:slapping:

• Upvote 5

This just reinforces the need in my mind to really fill the stands ALL SEASON long. We need to show the locals that we care about this program through thick and thin. I realize I am preaching to the choir mind you. In other news - just renewed our family's 8 season tickets! PUMPED! So ready for the season!

I'm sure Houston Coog, or whatever he calls himself, will tell us that Houston really wasn't that interested in our new recruit.

Other than 24/7, nobody has an offer from us listed so either we pulled it or the report was inaccurate. Even if we did offer and UNT beat us out for one, oh well. You can't have 'em all.

That being said, you do realize we have 20 commits right now (and most of them have P5 offers), which is twice as many as UNT does and we are possibly looking to oversign at around 30-31. (Which we know is something UNT could only dream of doing.) So I think we'll be okay but I'll tell ya what. If we land the 4-star DB that decommitted from LSU who happens to be interested in UH among a few others, I'll make a post to let everybody know.

• Downvote 1

Other than 24/7, nobody has an offer from us listed so either we pulled it or the report was inaccurate. Even if we did offer and UNT beat us out for one, oh well. You can't have 'em all.

That being said, you do realize we have 20 commits right now (and most of them have P5 offers), which is twice as many as UNT does and we are possibly looking to oversign at around 30-31. (Which we know is something UNT could only dream of doing.) So I think we'll be okay but I'll tell ya what. If we land the 4-star DB that decommitted from LSU who happens to be interested in UH among a few others, I'll make a post to let everybody know.

Don't hold your breath. Everybody knows Cougartown is where NFL dreams go to die.

• Upvote 1

Houston did offer him and that is a fact. Let's not dispute the facts, please. Last night he actually received his 13th DI offer, so it's natural to be excited to have a guy like him choose NT. He also had offers from Harvard, Yale and UPenn and is excited to choose UNT in part because of its strong academics. Says something about our institution and the emphasis on academics recently. Not sure how Houston compares, but your opinion is irrelevant because I haven't seen any of your recruits in similar positions making those comments. In fact, another one of our recruits also had offers from multiple Ivy league schools and chose UNT and said academics was a strong part of his decision as well.

Nobody ever said anything about comparing both recruiting classes up to this point. So your chest pounding tactics are irrelevant and quite pretentious. Recruiting-wise, it all comes down to coaching once the talent level is decent enough to be able to compete at a high level, but most of us agree that we have more work to do (consistently) on the recruiting front -- important part is we're improving without a doubt.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 2