Johnny Jones and LSU are 6-0 with closest win 5pts. Seton Hall.

UNTMike81

did you look at the schedule??? I mean really. First six games at home against one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen. With the exception of Seton Hall, who have they played. We could very well be 6-0 with that schedule also, and we would know nothing about our team. Let's check back in with this after the Marquette game and see how he is doing. This is the same smoke and mirrors Johnny used while he was here. Don't get me wrong, I loved me some Johnny Jones, but we have played both Creighton and St. Louis on the road. They haven't even played a road game yet a month into the season. This comparison is just not fair.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

did you look at the schedule??? I mean really. First six games at home against one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen. With the exception of Seton Hall, who have they played. We could very well be 6-0 with that schedule also, and we would know nothing about our team. Let's check back in with this after the Marquette game and see how he is doing. This is the same smoke and mirrors Johnny used while he was here. Don't get me wrong, I loved me some Johnny Jones, but we have played both Creighton and St. Louis on the road. They haven't even played a road game yet a month into the season.This comparison is just not fair.

Agree. Would love to have played that schedule, but you are correct when you say UNT coaches would know much of nothing about the team at this point if it had. Also agree with you about JJ...loved the guy, but he is now at LSU. Wish him nothing but the best at LSU, but JJ is no longer at UNT. Funny how many were bashing JJ about schedules while he was at UNT, now he gets praises for the scheduling of weak sisters.

Time will tell. For me...I hope both JJ and Coach Benford turn out to be "coaches of the Year" in their respective conferences...if not this year than the next.

See you at the Pit for a UNT win Sunday!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's the deal. JJ no matter what easy schedule he used was able to coach his players to be ready. Seton Hall went to the NIT last year. JJ plays them this year W, UNT loses to UAH, UTA (in know JJ lost to UTA), but with Tony Mitchell, CJ, JW's I doubt JJ would have lost. This is a truly critical year for UNT and to this point we've blown it. Based on what I've seen and read this has to be on the coaches. Only reason I reference JJ like I've side in the "fire him" post we I have to have point of reference to judge Benford, by. That reference just happens to be JJ!! LSU plays Boise State tonight on the road. Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 1

Here's the deal. JJ no matter what easy schedule he used was able to coach his players to be ready. Seton Hall went to the NIT last year. JJ plays them this year W, UNT loses to UAH, UTA (in know JJ lost to UTA), but with Tony Mitchell, CJ, JW's I doubt JJ would have lost. This is a truly critical year for UNT and to this point we've blown it. Based on what I've seen and read this has to be on the coaches. Only reason I reference JJ like I've side in the "fire him" post we I have to have point of reference to judge Benford, by. That reference just happens to be JJ!! LSU plays Boise State tonight on the road. Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

JJ plays chicken ball. Benford knows how to win and lose like a man. JJ just knew how to play it safe. At least we are trying to make a splash instead of a conference championship or a one and done big dance. This team will continue to only get better. Even if we do lose a few more games. I still believe we can win as a 15 seed.

I miss having x-and-o talk since Benford arrived.

I'm glad for your optimism, but right now people are still trying to figure out what Benford's system is.

I'm looking forward to this "splash" you speak of.

• Upvote 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="greenminer" data-cid="695393" data-time="1355447528"><p>

I miss having x-and-o talk since Benford arrived.<br />

<br />

I'm glad for your optimism, but right now people are still trying to figure out what Benford's system is.<br />

<br />

I'm looking forward to this "splash" you speak of.</p></blockquote>

Benford seems to be one if those people...

Mobile quotes seem to be jacked up

Edited by THOR

JJ plays chicken ball. Benford knows how to win and lose like a man. JJ just knew how to play it safe. At least we are trying to make a splash instead of a conference championship or a one and done big dance. This team will continue to only get better. Even if we do lose a few more games. I still believe we can win as a 15 seed.

Anytime I think about taking Andrew seriously, I should quote this post.

• Upvote 6

Nothing wrong with being positive. Forgive me for not being negative. I really like this team.

I think we have the potential to turn it around, sure. We have the talent for sure.

HOWEVER, we are a long way from there right now...and not many are sold on Benford. Taking JJ comparisons out of it, how exactly is never coming out for postgame interviews after a loss 'losing like a man?' That is cowardly in the worst way. I'd guess he's skipped more postgame interviews this season than the average college coach does in five.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think we have the potential to turn it around, sure. We have the talent for sure.

HOWEVER, we are a long way from there right now...and not many are sold on Benford. Taking JJ comparisons out of it, how exactly is never coming out for postgame interviews after a loss 'losing like a man?' That is cowardly in the worst way. I'd guess he's skipped more postgame interviews this season than the average college coach does in five.

"Cowardly"...did you really use that word to describe that situation? Come on...a bit of overkill, wouldn't you say? If not, would love to be a fly on the wall when you say that to Benford's face. Because surly if it's OK to call some one's act "cowardly" on a message board, it's OK to do the same in person, right?

It may, in your opinion, not be the proper thing to do, but, "cowardly" seriously? Overkill.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

"Cowardly"...did you really use that word to describe that situation? Come on...a bit of overkill, wouldn't you say? If not, would love to be a fly on the wall when you say that to Benford's face. Because surly if it's OK to call some one's act "cowardly" on a message board, it's OK to do the same in person, right?

It may, in your opinion, not be the proper thing to do, but, "cowardly" seriously? Overkill.

He's paid a ton of money. If he can't come out for an interview after a loss and answer a few softball questions (when does the Mean Green Radio Network ever hit probing questions...they don't...they shouldn't...they're an arm of the Athletic Department!) then I don't know what to say. It's not even Bret Vito, who many people unbelievably think is too hard on the AD (the fact that others think he's too soft means he must be doing something right). It's Hank and/or George -- two of the nicest guys who never give up on any coach. They're probably all three buddies.

Would I say any of this to Benford's face? If we had a chat perhaps I would (and you wouldn't have to pay me 400K to do it either). Given I'm not ever likely to have a lunch meeting with the man, I find the whole hypothetical somewhat silly though.

Edited by CMJ

Coach Benford?

mAftk.jpg

• Upvote 1