NIT Consolation Bracket

MeanGreenTexan

Link Here:

http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/files/2012nitconsolationbracket.pdf

IUPUI followed by Virginia. Both games in Charlottesville, VA.

IUPUI lost big to Michigan, then won big against Bowling Green.

Virginia lost in a squeaker to George Mason, then beat Fairfield, then lost to Delaware. They'll have home court advantage.

Both should be wins.

Let's go Mean Green!

I am for UNT, not any coach, especially one that embarrasses the school like Benford has in his first week of competition.

I'm gonna be candid here.

You're like a whiny little girl who didn't get her way. It was one game. We lost by 3 points. Had anyone on the team other than JW had remembered the object of the game is to put the ball IN the basket, we'd have won by 25. Any normal shooting night from both sides, we win by 30+. Re-f*cking-lax dude.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 9

You're like a whiny little girl who didn't get her way. It was one game. We lost by 3 points. Had anyone on the team other than JW had remembered the object of the game is to put the ball IN the basket, we'd have won by 25. Any normal shooting night from both sides, we win by 30+. Re-f*cking-lax dude.

I'll be candid. If you think we lost that game because we couldn't put the ball in the hoop then you are as dumb as your previous post. We gave up 78 points to a D2 team and were outrebounded by 5. KState smashed them by 61 points and outrebounded them by 32 holding them to 26 points. We lost that game because of a lack of defensive intensity and rebounding, not scoring. That is coaching and preperation.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It wasn't just "one game". It was one game where we managed to lose to andbe out rebounded by a D2 team. One where multiple coaching decisions that would leave a YMCA league basketball spectator scratching their head. We very well may turn it around and turn Ina dream season. In the meantime telling a fan who is upset about us SEVERELY underperforming to "shut the f*ck up" is a bit naive. By your logic JJ never failed to coach well, his teams just didn't put the ball in the basket enough.

And Bowler I simply have to ask. Are you legitimately a fan of Benford or is his greatest asset that he's not JJ? Feel free to decry my audacity under your tennis handle on the other board.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I'll be candid. If you think we lost that game because we couldn't put the ball in the hoop then you are as dumb as your previous post. We gave up 78 points to a D2 team and were outrebounded by 5. KState smashed them by 61 points and outrebounded them by 32 holding them to 26 points. We lost that game because of a lack of defensive intensity and rebounding, not scoring. That is coaching and preperation.

In an earlier, contradictory post you claimed nervousness kept us from moving our feet on defense effectively, and then stated this was not due to being nervous but to bad coaching. Interesting. Care to clarify or will you continue to play both sides of the fence?

In an earlier, contradictory post you claimed nervousness kept us from moving our feet on defense effectively, and then stated this was not due to being nervous but to bad coaching. Interesting. Care to clarify or will you continue to play both sides of the fence?

No one is absolving the players entirely. On the whole they shot horribly and played lethargically. This team, well coached however, should be able to shoot horribly and play lethargically and worse case have a tight game with a D-2 team for 35 minutes before opening up a comfortable lead and winning by +10.

To this point, this team is not well coached. Coach Benford mentioned four points of emphasis at the start of the year...winning rebounding battles, getting paint touches, playing intense, full-court defense and getting into transition on offense. We've regressed in all four of those areas. That's on coaching. The half-court offense...it's atrocious(worse than JJ's :shocking: ). I've never seen 6 straight passes between just 2 players...seen(or heard) that twice already this year. I've never seen a 3-man weave atop the key with no movement by the two low-men...seen that numerous times already. Either Benford has failed to completely install his half-court offense or his players don't get it. Both are on coaching.

And yes...then there is that effing ridiculous, middle-school gimmicky substitution pattern.

Players need to make shots...but coaches need to put those players in the position to make them. We're not a good perimeter shooting team and that's not going to change this year (or next if all our verbals sign)...but lots of poor shooting teams have been successful by utilizing an offense (or defense) that suits the strengths of their team. For me, that means using this team's depth and athleticism and playing 94 feet of pressing defense, getting out and running at every opportunity, having CJ and Tony run some two-man at the top of the key with wings cutting-in off penetration rather than just spotting-up and adding more size in the form of Coleman to the interior, freeing Tony to drift and play more perimeter-ly.

And yes...keeping players on the floor for longer than shot-lock shifts.

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 4