JIM JIM

Harry

Based on the way he reacted, it had the appearance of a stinger. Hoping for good news.

Yeah, he was thriving in pain for a while, then got up and ran off to the sideline. That's a stinger to a tee, short period of nearly unbearable pain, then it calms itself down. Usually does take a player out for the game but not much longer.

No i know who brelan is, guess you will find out soon

Uh Oh! It didn't look that bad, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt until something official comes out. This would be a huge loss, we really struggled to move the ball outside of the big plays.

If you take away Byrd's 85 yarder then he had 14 carries for 31 yards. Take away Brown's 51 yarder then he had 10 carries for 16 yards (according to team website).

I'm not a huge fan of "taking away" certain plays but it does show that we were not able to consistently move the ball. I don't see things getting any easier with road games at WKU and ULM coming up, especially with no Brelan and now, possibly, no Jimmerson. DT is going to have to step up, as are the defense and special teams.

Uh Oh! It didn't look that bad, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt until something official comes out. This would be a huge loss, we really struggled to move the ball outside of the big plays.

If you take away Byrd's 85 yarder then he had 14 carries for 31 yards. Take away Brown's 51 yarder then he had 10 carries for 16 yards (according to team website).

I'm not a huge fan of "taking away" certain plays but it does show that we were not able to consistently move the ball. I don't see things getting any easier with road games at WKU and ULM coming up, especially with no Brelan and now, possibly, no Jimmerson. DT is going to have to step up, as are the defense and special teams.

Are you kidding? Everyone knows that if you subtract just a few plays (usually the scoring one) the whole game changes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

he broke his collar bone

This is what I was afraid of when I saw him come off the field.

By the way, it was one heck of a heads up football play to get up and off the field with the clock under 2 minutes in the 2nd quarter and your team driving. I believe UNT would have been charged with a TO if the trainers had to come get him. Very smart football play.

Edited by UNT90

He was making a joke, a lame one mind you, alluding to Coach Mac and crew pulling our now former offensive-line commit Hunter Siddon's scholarship due to concussions, including one that has kept him out nearly the whole season.

Yeah, I actually figured it out after I posted it; a real stretch there, 97and 03.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And in other revelations...How about those weather days this year! I was just glad Sunday weather wasn't Saturday weather. I can deal with 50 mph winds and blowing tents and furniture up on The Hill over rain and chill any day of the week. We had to build a wall to start our grill and then deal with some dirt debris in the burger but it was a blast!

Awesome year of tailgating!

GMG

• Upvote 3

And in other revelations...How about those weather days this year! I was just glad Sunday weather wasn't Saturday weather. I can deal with 50 mph winds and blowing tents and furniture up on The Hill over rain and chill any day of the week. We had to build a wall to start our grill and then deal with some dirt debris in the burger but it was a blast!

Awesome year of tailgating!

GMG

Underrated post NM - this was a fantastic weather year for football. Especially compared to last season.

Although a broken collar bone may be better in the long run. I figure that's something that, once healed, leaves little lingering affect. Whereas soft-tissue injury could have long term affects.

Although I know it is sacrilegious, I can not argue with your point. :shifty:

Edited by UNTnewbie