USA Today Mens Bball top 25

meanJewGreen

USA Today released their rankings and for all the publicity we've been getting, NT got 0 in terms of top 25 votes.

Highlights:

Creighton at 15

St Louis- first in the "others receiving votes"

MTSU with 3 Top 25 votes

Potential opponent KSU with 13 Top 25 votes

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2012/10/17/usa-today-sports-mens-basketball-poll/1638933/

• Upvote 2

How is MTSU getting votes, but North Texas is not?

How does one article rank us #2 amongst mid majors and doesn't even mention MTSU?

SO CONFUSED!

340+ teams... Even people that cover college hoops for a living can't keep up with everything.

I follow things pretty obsessively, and I couldn't tell you much about the contenders in A-Sun or the NEC, for example.

How is MTSU getting votes, but North Texas is not?

How does one article rank us #2 amongst mid majors and doesn't even mention MTSU?

SO CONFUSED!

I think outside of DFW one would need to be pretty in the know to realize how good UNT is right now. Not sure who votes in the USA Today poll, but it's possible that they just don't pay attention to schools outside of the big conferences while the writer(s) of the article that ranked us #2 among mid-majors obviously does. He had good info on all of the teams he ranked and I don't think he missed anyone that was obvious to include.

The MTSU votes are based on last year where they almost cracked the top-25. They should be a decent team, but they won't be as good as they were last year. UNT is clearly the class of the 'belt (and I don't think MTSU is likely to be #2).

340+ teams... Even people that cover college hoops for a living can't keep up with everything.

I follow things pretty obsessively, and I couldn't tell you much about the contenders in A-Sun or the NEC, for example.

Also, in CBB it doesn't matter very much at all. The only lists that matter are the season ending ones. Those are called standings.

• Upvote 1