TXST correct acronym for Texas State

Boko Dweller

So GL2Gayness is telling us that lawyer's from UT and engineer's from A&M make more than a teacher from UNT? No shit moron. How much does a teacher from each school make, and accountant, and so on? Probably pretty similar in most regards.

This is a very good point, relative to the percentages of teachers we graduate compared to engineers, etc.

So GL2Gayness is telling us that lawyer's from UT and engineer's from A&M make more than a teacher from UNT? No shit moron. How much does a teacher from each school make, and accountant, and so on? Probably pretty similar in most regards.

but yet the claim was still made that north Texas grads make more than UH grads upon graduation and now that the claim has been proven false I guess it is back to excuse making

and UH has a better ranked education program, hotel restaurant program, business program and on and on according to US News and other sources as well so UH grads from those programs should make more when they graduate as well.....and one of the links I provided was a comparison of MBA grads and UH was still ahead there as well

now I guess you are saying that UH offers more relevant and sought after degrees and that is the reason the claim about starting pay was proven false

but yet the claim was still made that north Texas grads make more than UH grads upon graduation and now that the claim has been proven false I guess it is back to excuse making

and UH has a better ranked education program, hotel restaurant program, business program and on and on according to US News and other sources as well so UH grads from those programs should make more when they graduate as well.....and one of the links I provided was a comparison of MBA grads and UH was still ahead there as well

now I guess you are saying that UH offers more relevant and sought after degrees and that is the reason the claim about starting pay was proven false

Punctuation is important.

9gag5.jpg

Edited by forevereagle

This is another weird thread. There have hardly been any valid arguments. Though I must ask:

...did you write that? It's awesome.

We have lots of national championships, just not in football. I know this is the football forum, but considering everything else has been discussed too, that's just a weird set of statements, though I admit I liked the hippie-ish stuff that was on Fry as well. Same as with the acronym/abbreviation issue, there are people from any of the schools as well as people unrelated to a given school with preferences that vary; I, like others here, know people who still prefer NTSU. Appraising school values is done by so many publications, yet no one cited those, choosing instead to point out only the upsides of their own school, which proves the point of preference. One of my residents from West Hall transferred to SWTSU/TXST/TSU/whatever for hospital administration years ago, and though I haven't talked to him, I heard through the grapevine that he was making tons of money. UNT has a decent Hospitality Management degree, but apparently Houston's is killer. And I first chose UNT for the art programs available, then stayed for grad school since our Political Science program was ranked 2nd internationally. And of course these are just a few examples, but it doesn't change the facts that:

1) Trolls are trying to argue why their school is so much better, and

2) We're not only lending credence to their presence, but using similarly poor debating tactics. Also,

3) Not only is this the football board, but everybody is bent out of shape because some dude pointed out the confusion inherent in improperly labeling the school in question. Really, think about it, casual onlookers unfamiliar with the school and/or its name might not even know who you're making fun of if you use a confusing abbreviation. So if the point really is about smack talk and making fun of each other, isn't it maybe a good thing that he inadvertently provided everyone with the necessary tools to properly direct your ridicule? Hey, there's always a silver lining somewhere, right? :P

These points aside, my whole post is probably proven unnecessary due to the resounding power of the science argument. Though it should probably have been an albino squirrel.

This wins! It's impossible to win with a troll. The whole point of being a troll is so to rile up the normal posters on the forum.

Also, I went to North Texas for music. I think we can all agree that there is no better place in the state (few better in the nation) for music. So his troll assault on my dear Alma Mater means absolutely nothing. Granted, Houston has one heck of a Music School, and we have a particular rivalry in the Music Ed department.

Additionally I could care less about how much money I make out of college. I didn't pick my job for money (music and education aren't the most profitable markets). So there's another stat he's throwing out that I don't care about.

To each his own.

meh. whoop-de-do: TCU grads make $7k more a year yet pay around 3-4X as much for their education. My perspective is that based on these numbers, I made the same amount starting out 12 years ago as a TCU grad and more than the mid-career TCU grad as well.

winning. :rolleyes:

7K per year adds up pretty quick and not all TCU students pay full price either

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/texas-christian-university-3636

Paying for School

At Texas Christian University, 43.5 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $16,963.

so that greatly reduces the cost for many of their students that will then make more money upon graduation.....which means they will have the ability to make contributions back to their university to help future students have the same type of opportunity they had.....which is why TCU has 10X the endowment that north Texas has

I claim that you have never had sexual intercourse with a woman in your entire life.

In addition, your "facts" are easily disproved. UH is unranked as an education college (UNT is ranked #120), and I am guessing but the only reason they were ranked higher was probably because they reported research expenditures 300% higher than what they actually were.

http://www.usnews.co...chools-rankings

Stings doesn't it?

Edited by glick1980

http://colleges.usne...university-3636

Paying for School

At Texas Christian University, 43.5 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $16,963.

so that greatly reduces the cost for many of their students that will then make more money upon graduation.....which means they will have the ability to make contributions back to their university to help future students have the same type of opportunity they had.....which is why TCU has 10X the endowment that north Texas has

And 42% of UNT students receive need based aid with an average award of $6,617, which goes alot further at UNT than $17k does at TCU.

http://www.collegepo...rg/TX/UNT/costs

ZING!

Edited by glick1980
  • Upvote 1

http://colleges.usne...university-3636

Paying for School

Where did you go to college? The University of Beingagiantdickhead?

and UH has a better ranked education program, hotel restaurant program, business program and on and on according to US News and other sources as well so UH grads from those programs should make more when they graduate as well.....

You've never hired an employee in your life, have you? I have hired many, and I look at their educational background, and a degree from a highly rated school would create interest. But, earning a degree from Rice,while reflecting book smarts, doesn't always translate to real world application. There are many more important factors that enter into the equation of hiring someone.

Please tell me why you work so hard to discredit the University of North Texas. You spend so much time spouting off endless facts and Plummonium length with nothing good to say about North Texas at all. What is your agenda. I'll hang up and listen.

• Upvote 1

txsalarys.jpg

The problem with that chart is it is likely across all degrees granted and not all degrees are created equal in terms of salaries employers offer employees.

Also, employers (at least the ones with HR departments that try to keep the company out of the court room) don't offer salaries based on where someone went to school. To do otherwise without sound justification is opening the company to a lawsuit.

The problem with that chart is it is likely across all degrees granted and not all degrees are created equal in terms of salaries employers offer employees.

Also, employers (at least the ones with HR departments that try to keep the company out of the court room) don't offer salaries based on where someone went to school. To do otherwise without sound justification is opening the company to a lawsuit.

The other problem is that the chart is off topic since the school originally being discussed is not on it. :ninja:

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1

actually I back mine up all the time then idiots like you start crying and run off like a roach when the light comes on

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-Salaries_for_Colleges_by_Region-sort.html

wall street journAl

UH Starting median....mid career median......

$46,000.00 $79,900.00

north Texas not even considered

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report-2013/full-list-of-schools

Rice#54

$53,200

$98,900

UH #257

$45,400

$80,600

TCU #295

$45,400

$79,200

UTA#326

$46,400

$77,900

UTD#396

$47,100

$75,000

Texas Lutheran#435

$37,100

$73,000

TAMUCC #522

$40,900

$70,600

UTEP#578

$42,000

$68,900

TAMUK#584

$48,400

$68,800

TWU#584

$39,000

$68,800

north Texas#589

$39,400

$68,600

So UH was much higher and even TWU and some of the non-College Station TAMU campuses were better later in their career....nice showing there for north Texas

US census 2010

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2011/06/aggies_more_financially_succes.php

txsalarys.jpg

another great showing haha

student reviews

http://www.studentsreview.com/TX/UH.html

UH $61,716 $131,181

north Texas $46,268 $85,000

MBAs only

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/29090306/Average-salaries-of-Top-B-schools

UH 46,900 80,700

north Texas 41,700 72,500

behind TxState and SFA at the 10 year point.....way to prove yourself in the market place!

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report-2013/central-south-schools

UH

$45,400

$80,600

north Texas

$39,400

$68,600

behing ACU, TWU, SFA, TAMUCC, UTEP, TAMUK, TLU, LeTourneau, SHSU and on and on

I would imagine this will really test your neat collection of GIFs and MEMS that you break out when all else (especially logic or reality) has failed you

too bad employeers don't pay based in GIFs and MEMS or north Texas would beat Harvard

Sir we both know that is every single one please continue to work....... thank u.... Douche

Edited by mgfan

The other problem is that the chart is off topic since the school originally being discussed is not on it. :ninja:

the chart is from US Census Data so it would have been collected legally and UH is the school that is being discussed

and again the claim was made (and never supported) that north Texas students have higher starting salaries VS UH

and then when I ask for proof of that others chimed in and said it was "common knowledge" and "well known"

and now that it has been proven not factual the excuses are coming out left and right about comparing degree programs and how north Texas is set up to give out more poverty degrees than other schools

and in relation to Rice the excuse is that they are only "book smart"......even though in several reports Rice students (book smart or not) are still commanding a higher salary VS north Texas as well

if one wants to say it is common knowledge that a university has higher starting salaries VS another (north Texas VS UH) they should support that and if one wants to make book smart claims when discussing Rice they should be prepared for that to fall apart when it is shown in other surveys that "book smart" is still commanding aw higher starting salary

• Downvote 1

I honestly was just trying to rile you up to see if you'd follow through with your freaky "I dropped out of NT and now I'm jaded" obsession. I mean, who puts this much effort into a school they dislike so intensely? I mean, by the way you spell and write it's obvious you couldn't make it past College Writing, but still, move on, get a girl, grow up. I literally wish that I could meet you, seriously. Where do you live?

Edited by meangreener

Regardless of the numbers, it's important to remember that regardless of the school, education is an opportunity, not a hand-out. For all of those who accept that opportunity, make the most of it, and use it to make a better future - "change their stars" - I say, good. I grew up outside of Philly, and the only school I applied to was UNT, because that was what I felt would change my life the most, regardless of salary or so many other specifics. Pissing contests over why someone else made their choice seems to almost be an invalidation of diversity, something I thought we praised.

They're still going to keep trolling, though ;)

I don't believe anyone said rice students are ONLY book smart. Any who it is common knowledge Unt is the best school in the universe, just like it is common knowledge u are a total tool and troll this website. Im still waiting on almost EVERY survey that u have claimed to qoute. So dont say u back up info when you havent you tool.

Edited by mgfan

actually I back mine up all the time then idiots like you start crying and run off like a roach when the light comes on

http://online.wsj.co...egion-sort.html

wall street journal

UH Starting median....mid career median......

$46,000.00 $79,900.00

north Texas not even considered

http://www.payscale....list-of-schools

Rice#54

$53,200

$98,900

UH #257

$45,400

$80,600

TCU #295

$45,400

$79,200

UTA#326

$46,400

$77,900

UTD#396

$47,100

$75,000

Texas Lutheran#435

$37,100

$73,000

TAMUCC #522

$40,900

$70,600

UTEP#578

$42,000

$68,900

TAMUK#584

$48,400

$68,800

TWU#584

$39,000

$68,800

north Texas#589

$39,400

$68,600

So UH was much higher and even TWU and some of the non-College Station TAMU campuses were better later in their career....nice showing there for north Texas

US census 2010

http://blogs.houston...ally_succes.php

txsalarys.jpg

another great showing haha

student reviews

http://www.studentsr....com/TX/UH.html

UH $61,716 $131,181

north Texas $46,268 $85,000

MBAs only

http://www.docstoc.c...f-Top-B-schools

UH 46,900 80,700

north Texas 41,700 72,500

behind TxState and SFA at the 10 year point.....way to prove yourself in the market place!

http://www.payscale....l-south-schools

UH

$45,400

$80,600

north Texas

$39,400

$68,600

behing ACU, TWU, SFA, TAMUCC, UTEP, TAMUK, TLU, LeTourneau, SHSU and on and on

I would imagine this will really test your neat collection of GIFs and MEMS that you break out when all else (especially logic or reality) has failed you

too bad employeers don't pay based in GIFs and MEMS or north Texas would beat Harvard

You typed all this just to "prove" that UH has a law school (skews up) and the state of Texas doesn't pay its teachers (skews down)?