Houston Roll Call

kj86

I'll be there with special lady friend and some family.

I'm also playing an early show the evening before, so if you don't plan to go to the Mean Green tailgate and do want to swing by and say 'hello', message me for info, as I don't want to be a self-promoting jerk-wad.

Can't make Friday but if you are playing Sat. After game somewhere Let us know. If we lose I will need some good blues as I know you can play.

For those that do not know Kingwood is just north of Houston so I will be bringing 7. My daughter who is a freshman at Utah is flying in for their fall break and is drivig straight from Hobby as she knows her Dad will not miss the game.

Since most of you are driving in from Dallas I would like to be a good host. When I come to Dallas it is hard for me to bring most of the stuff to tailgate well. I stay with my sister or parents and drive up, eat at the sub hub ( ate there alot in late 70's ) and just walk the hill prior to game.

So, I have some extra pop up if anyone needs me to bring for the day. I realize we are having a tailgate for the game via the school but would lile to add to the experiance. Not sure where they are setting up or even if I could set up close by also. May have to find a spot among the enemy.

my ideas and thoughts;

* find a spot and get a low key football game, horseshoes or something going on

* if enough are interested I could change my lunch plans to brunch and do some breakfast foods and try some crepes for a little style

* or just see what the UNT tailgate is serving and add some appetizers or special cold drinks if allowed

kind of open for any ideas just trying to keep the spirit going and stake some territory for the good guys

• Upvote 1

Me + thousands of folks in red.

You are such a tool, or maybe a douche bag, it's hard to say for sure.

What is it that you're so insecure about that you have to keep grandly announcing in every post that houston will have thousands of lame ass houston fans at the bob, houston has sold out every game since 1902, the bob is the greatest stadium in the country, the houston campus has the prettiest boys in texas, blah, blah, blah.

You are like the loud little fat girl who is so insecure about her weight she is loud and obnoxious so that she can be the loud and obnoxious girl instead of the little fat girl. What is it, will your little friends in Houston not play with you so you come on the mean green board and be a tool so that you are the guy who is a tool instead of the guy that nobody in Houston pays any attention too?

Clearly your life is a bitter disappointment and has likely just become a series of failures, so you are trying to find something to kill time and occupy your mind so you don't have to think about that TV dinner waiting for you at home that you may or may not share with a blow up boy named bob. Tell you what, this weekend stand on the corner by the bob with a sign that says " bet you can't hit me with a quarter". I have heard there will be thousands of people there, maybe even a sellout, you ought to be able to make a months worth of wages in one day.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

You are such a tool, or maybe a douche bag, it's hard to say for sure.

What is it that you're so insecure about that you have to keep grandly announcing in every post that houston will have thousands of lame ass houston fans at the bob, houston has sold out every game since 1902, the bob is the greatest stadium in the country, the houston campus has the prettiest boys in texas, blah, blah, blah.

You are like the loud little fat girl who is so insecure about her weight she is loud and obnoxious so that she can be the loud and obnoxious girl instead of the little fat girl. What is it, will your little friends in Houston not play with you so you come on the mean green board and be a tool so that you are the guy who is a tool instead of the guy that nobody in Houston pays any attention too?

Clearly your life is a bitter disappointment and has likely just become a series of failures, so you are trying to find something to kill time and occupy your mind so you don't have to think about that TV dinner waiting for you at home that you may or may not share with a blow up boy named bob. Tell you what, this weekend stand on the corner by the bob with a sign that says " bet you can't hit me with a quarter". I have heard there will be thousands of people there, maybe even a sellout, you ought to be able to make a months worth of wages in one day.

78508970_did-not-read_gif.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

My +3 is now down to +1. :growl: Why don't people check their calendars beforehand?! So I now have two tickets available, if there's someone who has a need for more. Send me a PM if interested.

• Upvote 1

Anybody know the parking situation at UH and where our tailgate will be located? Maybe they'll have info on this at the Friday night event.

Load up your car, grab your green gear and head to Houston this weekend, Oct. 5-6, for a free spirit party and tailgating before the Mean Green takes on regional rivals the University of Houston on Saturday.

Members of the UNT community -- including faculty, staff, alumni, students, parents and prospective students who live in the Houston area or who travel to Houston -- are invited to kick off the weekend with food, a musical performance by alumnus Mat Slovacek and an appearance by Head Coach Dan McCarney at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 5 at the Houston Marriott South Hobby Airport, 9100 Gulf Freeway. Show your student I.D. for admission to the Friday event.

The following day, fans are invited to tailgate with other members of the Mean Green nation starting at 3 p.m. at Robertson Stadium, 3874 Holman St. in Houston. Meals will be available at the tailgating for $10 per person. Student tickets to the football game can be purchased at the gate or by calling the UH ticket office at 877-268-4275. The game starts at 6 p.m.

Both events are hosted by the university's Division of Advancement, Athletics, Office of Admissions and the UNT Alumni Association.

For more information, contact Cynthia Edwards at 940.369.8236.

• Upvote 1

Kinda curious as to why they're hosting the first event at the Marriott when there are nicer places closer to campus. Maybe that's the team hotel.

Tailgating "at Robertson Stadium" leaves a lot of room for leeway since there are several intersections in the area. My *guess* is that you'll need to look for green canopies in a spot that's off Holman and Cullen, just across Cullen from the Science & Research buildings on campus, and across Holman from Hofheinz Pavilion. That's just a guess, like I said, but it's based off my memory of where the Texas State and other visitors' tailgates have occurred in the past.

• Upvote 1