UNT LB pleads no contest....

NT03

Hard to believe that this just now came out. Probably not a great idea to not hold your tongue in a bar area at 2:24 AM regardless, but I guess these things do tend to happen when you're twentyish. Hope no one was seriously hurt and that this is now behind all parties for the most part.

Hopefully a life lesson for all concerned.

I remember seeing pictures of Matt Garza in the hospital after what they did to him that night. Never went through the trouble of trying to figure out who the players were but after seeing the shape those scumbags left him in, neither should be allowed any where near the program again.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

"pleaded""??

Besides the bad grammar, this is very disappointing behavior. Stock is very lucky to still be associated with the program. Sitting out a year is on the light end of the punishment scale.

I hope he learns from it. I don't want to see us adopt the bad habits of an OU or a UT.

EDIT: How the hell does this get past the DRC for almost a year? Even a walk through arrest would show on the city or county jail list. Are they so disconnected from UNT athletics that they don't recognize the name of a starting football player when it shows up on an arrest sheet?? I mean, it's the DRC, not the Morning News or Telegram.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would be interested in hearing more of the details, but it sounds pretty bad from what some are saying. Did they go back for more just to crazily kick some butt, or did they go back because they picked up some punishment themselves and wanted a little payback? Also, Garza said "they all got out of the car", so I'm wondering if it was a 3/4/5 on 2 situation? It sux either way, and hopefully Stok wasn't the major instigator of it all.

• Upvote 1

"pleaded""??

Besides the bad grammar, this is very disappointing behavior. Stock is very lucky to still be associated with the program. Sitting out a year is on the light end of the punishment scale.

I hope he learns from it. I don't want to see us adopt the bad habits of an OU or a UT.

EDIT: How the hell does this get past the DRC for almost a year? Even a walk through arrest would show on the city or county jail list. Are they so disconnected from UNT athletics that they don't recognize the name of a starting football player when it shows up on an arrest sheet?? I mean, it's the DRC, not the Morning News or Telegram.

It's been on the Denton County criminal records website since it happened back in April.

• Upvote 1

Your right, but in my weak defense, it is far more commonplace to use "pled", which is also grammatically correct. :blushing:

In context, "pled would be correct", but "your" would not. Somehow, this conversation reminds me of a western with James Garner being an English teacher and turning down a challenge to a gunfight, with some line like, "but I'll stand toe to toe and conjugate verbs with you".

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

I just wish the Star-Telegram would give us this much space in their paper when we win a football game.

That is one of the strange aspects of this whole story, being reminded that to the Star Telegram, UNT sports does not exist. I notice that they do have a link to UTA sports on their "college sports" page. That school to the south is getting some coverage, due to playing TCU this weekend.

UNT athletes, do NOT resort to crime to just get Star Telegram coverage.

And all I can say about Stock is that he better make this "second chance" count.