Party on the Plaza: UNT and WFAA Channel 8

Harry

West Hall is the best hall

Ha! When I arrived as a freshman in the fall of 71, they stacked three to a room at West Hall. That was really enjoyable!

One of the first things I did was walk to First State Bank to open a checking account.

When the checks were received, they said, Rest Hall, Room 628! I guess my sad Virginia accent threw them off!

• Upvote 1

In my time (2008-2011) Bruce, West, and Maple were considered by most to be the bottom tier halls.

Wow, Maple sure has fallen off the leader board then. During my time (2001-2003), it was Clark, Maple, and Bruce that were the leaders.

• Upvote 2

Ha! When I arrived as a freshman in the fall of 71, they stacked three to a room at West Hall. That was really enjoyable!

One of the first things I did was walk to First State Bank to open a checking account.

When the checks were received, they said, Rest Hall, Room 628! I guess my sad Virginia accent threw them off!

hehe, when I arrived to West Hall in 2004 we still had 3 to a room! it didn't make things easier that both of my roommates were named Stephen...

I believe in room 633 if i'm not mistaken... first door on the right when you went up the stairs...

College Inn was the best... had a pool, and felt like an apartment without feeling like a dorm... want fresh air, just open the door.

That's the only dorm I ever lived in during my time at UNT. Lived there one semester . . . I liked it. There was not as much comraderie at College Inn as at the other dorms, but you were left to yourself a little more.

Lived in Kerr, Bruce, and College Inn.

#3 Kerr - crazy freshman year, felt very institutional. Hassled by the man (RA's)

#2 Bruce - liked the vibe of a hall where many of the residents were from out of state and didn't go home on the weekends.

#1 College Inn - absolute dump but lived by myself and never hassled by RA's when I had company. I never saw or met my RA while at College Inn.