Welcome new member UTSA Paratrooper 04

Harry

It's time we start to get to know our new conference mates. We have a new member who joined us named UTSA Paratrooper 04. He is known as a good Roadrunner fan. We will be getting to know him and their other fans better we both move into the C-USA neighborhood.

Here's a link to his profile: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/user/41167-utsa-paratrooper-04/

Hey!

Dang, didn’t take y’all long to start up with the KFC jokes. Is this were I start giving y’all a hard time about attendance numbers? Nah…it’s all good.

Looking forward to playing y'all and hoping to make some trips up to Denton.

Thanks for the intro Harry. Hooah, Mo Green!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hey!

Dang, didn’t take y’all long to start up with the KFC jokes. Is this were I start giving y’all a hard time about attendance numbers? Nah…it’s all good.

Ditto on BabyArm's first three points.

Fourth: In response to your question:

Is this were I start giving y’all a hard time about attendance numbers?

Let's compare paid attendance and a 10 piece family pack doesn't qualify as paid attendance.

• Upvote 1

Hey!

Not gonna lie, I wish you were named 'TSU-SM Paratrooper 04', but since it's you... hello.

• Upvote 1

Ditto on BabyArm's first three points.

Fourth: In response to your question:

Let's compare paid attendance and a 10 piece family pack doesn't qualify as paid attendance.

Thanks.

I believe the KFC promotion represents a very small portion of attendance numbers. If I can find a stat on it I will share.

We have over 13K season ticket holders. What is y'alls average attendance? (Seriously, I'm curious.)

We had 31K attend our first home game this year. Obvioulsy I hope the number will be higher for the next games. We'll see once we start conference games. We excpect to fill up the Alamodome November 24th when we play Texas State. (65k)

• Upvote 1

I wish our Athletic Dept would do a KFC-like promotion to fill up our wing section!

I think the Texas State game will allow you to keep your average over 30k this year. After that who knows? You wont have the Bobcats on the schedule next year.

The newness may be wearing off as your opening day crowd was almost 50% less than the previous year, but that could be expected. I think you're gonna see your average crowds in the 20-30k range here on out.

Comparing UNT vs UTSA attendance really isn't apples to apples. At UNT we have to compete for the sports dollar of the casual fan with the following:

NFL

NASCAR

2 other FBS programs

MLB

NBA

MLB

at UTSA you only have to compete against the Spurs

Edited by Baby Arm!

Thanks.

I believe the KFC promotion represents a very small portion of attendance numbers. If I can find a stat on it I will share.

We have over 13K season ticket holders. What is y'alls average attendance? (Seriously, I'm curious.)

We had 31K attend our first home game this year. Obvioulsy I hope the number will be higher for the next games. We'll see once we start conference games. We excpect to fill up the Alamodome November 24th when we play Texas State. (65k)

Have y'all built a weight room yet?

Really intrigued to see how yall do once you stop playing Bacon State and start playing real schools.

Last year was our first and probalby last time to play them. Our team of freshman beat them 54-7. Dispite the level of their school they had a team of experienced and mature players.

Edited by UTSA Paratrooper 04
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to the board Paratrooper...and I, too, would like to thank you for your service to this great nation of ours.

As for UTSA...I am really happy and excited to have you guys in the conference with UNT. For way too many years UNT has had nothing that even approaches a "rival" game within the state...and now you guys are here and located in a great city to visit and travel to on away game trips. So, YIPPEEEEEEE, as far as I am concerned. You guys play whomever you want as you try to build your program and facilities...heck, Bill Snyder at K-State has been known to build programs and win totals on the backs of some pretty thin paper tigers...wins help...no matter who they are against when trying to build a team and a fan base...heck, we played TSU and had a good time watching the victory here at Apogee.

I hope you build a stadium as playing in the Alamodome will not be the long term solution for you guys I would think, but don't know if you guys have any on-campus room to build an adequate stadium. Anyway, welcome aboard...this Mean Green nation member is mighty glad to have you guys in the Conference!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1