Texas Southern

UNT90

This may be a bit premature, as we all are still in the afterglow of another beating at the hands of LSU, but here goes:

TSU won their opener, 44-41, on a last second field goal to beat Prairie View A&M. Southern was down 20-7 at the end of the 1st quarter and came back to win.

They used 2 QBs, one that appears to be a running threat.

PV had 237 yards rushing and 265 yards passing.

Prairie View put 41 on them. We should do better than that. This SHOULD be a blowout.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

This may be a bit premature, as we all are still in the afterglow of another beating at the hands of LSU, but here goes:

TSU won their opener, 44-41, on a last second field goal to beat Prairie View A&M. Southern was down 20-7 at the end of the 1st quarter and came back to win.

They used 2 QBs, one that appears to be a running threat.

PV had 237 yards rushing and 265 yards passing.

Prairie View put 41 on them. We should do better than that. This SHOULD be a blowout.

It's ok for message board posters to think like this, but hopefully, our football players and coaches won't assume it's even a win.

• Upvote 4

Unless we find some people that can catch, I wouldn't be so bold to predict a blowout. You do have to score to blow someone out.

I'd love to see Powers become the second coming of Andy Blount, but until Chancellor gets some help with catching the ball, it could be a long year for our offense.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Unless we find some people that can catch, I wouldn't be so bold to predict a blowout. You do have to score to blow someone out.

I'd love to see Powers become the second coming of Andy Blount, but until Chancellor gets some help with catching the ball, it could be a long year for our offense.

over and over our WR's dropped passes last night. This is needed as much as much improved run defense.

Texas Southern has a new coach. We don't know him well, but the DIV-II world knows him well, I'm guessing.

http://www.chron.com/sports/college-football/article/TSU-hires-Shaw-s-Asberry-as-football-coach-2421476.php

Last season, TSU went 4-7, but the season before that, they were 9-3. Comparing them to FBS/DIV-IA teams is a bit difficult since they've only played a handful in the last few years, with no games in 2011.

vs. UCONN, they lost 62-3

vs. ULM, they lost 58-0

vs. TxSt, they lost 52-18

vs. Rutgers, they lost 42-0

Interestingly, they always play Prairie View close. This week, their game was a barn-burner as apparently neither team showed up with a defense.

41-10. This team needs to prove that it is a well-coached and passionate team with lots of promise. Anything closer than a 3-touchdown margin and I'll be disappointed. I know the players and coaches won't overlook any team this season. TSU may be better than we think, but UNT desperately needs to make a statement and this game can allow the team to make that statement.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever

I don't know if I should bring it up but those who have twitter can find it.

It looks like some TSU players are talking a lot of smack about our players and directly to their twitter accounts.

I could be taking it out of context but it seems like there might be some chippy ness going on at the game.

The TSU players look like they really want to prove a point, on the field or off.

I don't see this as a close game but it does worry me that TSU will get dirty when the game gets out of hand.

Id hate to see an episode of FIU/South Carolina.

I'll bet Coach Mac will keep our guys composed

I don't know if I should bring it up but those who have twitter can find it.

It looks like some TSU players are talking a lot of smack about our players and directly to their twitter accounts.

I could be taking it out of context but it seems like there might be some chippy ness going on at the game.

The TSU players look like they really want to prove a point, on the field or off.

I don't see this as a close game but it does worry me that TSU will get dirty when the game gets out of hand.

Id hate to see an episode of FIU/South Carolina.

I'll bet Coach Mac will keep our guys composed

U mean FIU and Miami

Have you ever hear of an inspiring tweet for anyone? Uplifting and inspiring don't go with twitter.

Yeah, I don't even know how twitter works. I just know that sometimes I'll get linked to it and can't back out of out. Sometimes I can't even close my browser and I have to take the battery out of my phone to escape. I hate twitter.

• Upvote 1

over and over our WR's dropped passes last night. This is needed as much as much improved run defense.

GMG1999

I agree the game against LSU to many dropped balls by our receivers. I do not know why Brown was pulled from the game as he was running effectively on the draw. It seemed to me NT needed to run the ball between the tackles as LSU was defending the corners well on runs. However, passes to the flat we seemed to make some progress.

You hit the nail on the head with the comment about run defense. I saw to many missed tackles on the long runs by LSU.

However, on a positive note when LSU used the big back (280lbs?) we seemed to control or even stop him.

Mac indicated this week they would be working to correct those errors. I hope this gets corrected as they will probably be against a lot of speed.

If the team continues to play and use Mac's guidance then they will win this week.

GMG

• Upvote 1