North Texas will play @Creighton Nov. 9th

Harry

This gonna be a really tough game. They have one of the best home court advantages in college basketball. McDermott vs Mitchell will be as marquee a matchup as you'll see all season (on paper anyway).

Any chance ESPN or someone may pick this game up due to the Mac vs. Mitchell battle? Honestly this would be a really cool game to watch in person tho.

This gonna be a really tough game. They have one of the best home court advantages in college basketball. McDermott vs Mitchell will be as marquee a matchup as you'll see all season (on paper anyway).

They're both pretty familiar with each other and I bet they both know how to get the better of one another.

The key match up...again on paper thus far...for me is seeing what Keith Coleman can do against Gregory Echinique.

Awesome game. North Texas will be an underdog in this game (Creighton will be a Top 25 team). But this type of game should really prepare us for the conference season. Plus the MVC has a TV deal with ESPN so there's a chance this game could get picked up by ESPNU.

• Upvote 1

Awesome game. North Texas will be an underdog in this game (Creighton will be a Top 25 team). But this type of game should really prepare us for the conference season. Plus the MVC has a TV deal with ESPN so there's a chance this game could get picked up by ESPNU.

Should be on ESPN! Every NBA scout will be there. 2 top 10 draft picks goin head to head.

• Upvote 2

Hey Mean Green!

Creighton fan here, I come in peace. I'm really looking forward to this matchup kick off the season. You guys have a legitimate shot at the Dance this year and return some great players. I've only gotten to see Tony Mitchell play twice on TV so I'm looking forward to seeing him in person. Please disregard any comments made on the Creighton Rivals board. That forum is run by a former local radio shock jock turned CU suckup who lives on the east coast now. It's not very active, nor does it represent the brightest crayons in our box so to speak.

http://www.bluejayunderground.com/viewforum.php?f=8 if you want to stop by. I think you'll find less boneheaded posters here who aren't taking this game lightly. Of course we are a little disappointed by our game with you guys, because our staff told us we were waiting in the wings to nab a marquee name team to play. Happen a few years ago when we were supposed to play Georgetown to open our new building and they backed out. Just frustration is all...but we're well aware of Tony Mitchell's talent and that you guys are poised for a top 100 RPI season

• Upvote 3

Nice site. Thanks for stopping by and we are very much looking forward to the game. I'll be honest I don't know a whole lot about Creighton, other than the fact you guys always seem to have a damn good basketball team so your thoughts and comments are appreciated here.

Hey Mean Green!

Creighton fan here, I come in peace. I'm really looking forward to this matchup kick off the season. You guys have a legitimate shot at the Dance this year and return some great players. I've only gotten to see Tony Mitchell play twice on TV so I'm looking forward to seeing him in person. Please disregard any comments made on the Creighton Rivals board. That forum is run by a former local radio shock jock turned CU suckup who lives on the east coast now. It's not very active, nor does it represent the brightest crayons in our box so to speak.

http://www.bluejayun...ewforum.php?f=8 if you want to stop by. I think you'll find less boneheaded posters here who aren't taking this game lightly. Of course we are a little disappointed by our game with you guys, because our staff told us we were waiting in the wings to nab a marquee name team to play. Happen a few years ago when we were supposed to play Georgetown to open our new building and they backed out. Just frustration is all...but we're well aware of Tony Mitchell's talent and that you guys are poised for a top 100 RPI season

Thanks for stopping by, it may surprise you, but I believe the Mean Green can win this game. I'm not the only one... and we're not crazy.

I can't wait to watch this game. McDermott VS Mitchell will bring scouts galore into your arena that night. I'm also excited to see how our new big transfer, Coleman, matches up against your big Venezuelan. The Mean Green returns all impact players from last year and brought in some highly touted transfers/freshmen. The only wild-card is our new coaching staff, but these guys have major skins on the wall.

Do you think the loss of Young will hurt you guys? Or, do you think there's a player that can fill his void?

I hope the frustration with scheduling this game isn't compounded when you guys actually lose the game.

EDIT: I know you guys are hoping for big things from Austin Chatman. He hoops regularly with our guys when back home in Dallas/Ft.Worth. Our guys know him very well. He's a very nice player. Don't know much about Groselle...

Edited by MeanGreenTexan