season tickets

10Eagle10

Just got my tickets today. Did anyone else get plain ticket office tickets instead of the fancy season tickets that you are accustomed to? I bought my tickets at the end of July, could my delay in buying them be the reason for this?

This really bums me out! To the point where I'm debating on asking them to send me the normal tickets. Wtf?

Edited by Green Crazy

Just got my tickets today. Did anyone else get plain ticket office tickets instead of the fancy season tickets that they are accustomed to? I bought my tickets at the end of July, could my delay in buying them be the reason for this?

This really bums me out! To the point where I'm debating on asking them to send me the normal tickets. Wtf?

nope...i got the good ones like in the past...maybe it was your timing, but who knows...call them and find out...get the cool tickets...all the cool kids are!

Am I the only one who didn't get their tickets in the mail today ? :(

I didn't either. Maybe tomorrow.

GMG!

sucks for ya'll...i've got my tickets and beer!!!

but glad ya'll get the season tickets...thanks for the support...and enjoy them when you get them!!!

dude...first ever multiquote...kinda cool shit!

• Upvote 1

Or maybe he was promoting the idea that recent alumni start giving at these lower levels rather than not giving at all. I know he gave more last year, but his financial decision is none of our business. He stated several times that young alumni should start giving at these reduced levels and buy season tickets. Your negative interpretation is that people should lower their levels of current support and use a loophole. My interpretation was that he was letting non-donors know there is an easy and affordable way to get more involved.

In the fundraising world it is called "establishing a pattern of giving." Get them giving a small amount and build a foundation for later. It is a pretty common practice. My other alma matter (George Mason) got me giving a small amount that way and I still give 5 years later, though a bit more now. I don't know if Grant has fundraising experience, but I do know that he was encouraging more people to give and buy. And he provided info on how to do so, at levels a new grad can afford. And kudos to the AD for giving strong perks for this low level of giving. By doing so, the donor is more likely to want to keep those perks when the lower gift levels are not an option. Fortunately by then, they can likely afford the $250 or $500 gift.

And please note the use of the word gift. That is what a donation is - a gift. Not giving money in exchange for perks. That is a purchase, like season tickets.

My previous response was an extension to a complaint Grant started here about another board, that didn't involve you and I won't go back and point out the why's. I'll simply disagree with you in regards to the donation being a "gift". If it was a gift, you would recieve nothing in return for it. In return for your donation you recieve goods and services and benefits, used to entice growth of the fanbase and offset expenses. This is why there is a benefits page....

http://admin.xosn.co....20120111152825 ...with the heading above the link to it that reads:...

"Mean Green Club members enjoy the best seats at Apogee Stadium and The Super Pit, the most convenient parking privileges, special gifts and access to exclusive hospitality areas".

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Or maybe he was promoting the idea that recent alumni start giving at these lower levels rather than not giving at all. I know he gave more last year, but his financial decision is none of our business. He stated several times that young alumni should start giving at these reduced levels and buy season tickets. Your negative interpretation is that people should lower their levels of current support and use a loophole. My interpretation was that he was letting non-donors know there is an easy and affordable way to get more involved.

In the fundraising world it is called "establishing a pattern of giving." Get them giving a small amount and build a foundation for later. It is a pretty common practice. My other alma matter (George Mason) got me giving a small amount that way and I still give 5 years later, though a bit more now. I don't know if Grant has fundraising experience, but I do know that he was encouraging more people to give and buy. And he provided info on how to do so, at levels a new grad can afford. And kudos to the AD for giving strong perks for this low level of giving. By doing so, the donor is more likely to want to keep those perks when the lower gift levels are not an option. Fortunately by then, they can likely afford the $250 or $500 gift.

And please note the use of the word gift. That is what a donation is - a gift. Not giving money in exchange for perks. That is a purchase, like season tickets.

Well said....this is the correct stance and the correct mindset. It establishes a "pattern of giving" and that's a very very big first step. Anyone who has ever worked major giving campaigns knows that is what you look for...a pattern of giving...and that is what you try to develop early. With early/young givers, the amount is all but immaterial. As said above, it's the pattern of giving one is trying to establish. The recent grad program with the Mean Green Club and the new grad program through the Alumni Association aim to do just that...establish a pattern of giving. Grant.UNT is the prototype young alum that has established a pattern of giving back to his university and I would place a wager on the fact that Grant continues to give, continues to understand why he is giving and increases his level of giving as he becomes able to do so in the future. It will not be the Grant's of the world who withhold support because they develop some personal pettiness or because they think they are losing some level of influence with the university. UNT needs lots and lots of Grant.UNT's, and these younger givers should be respected and thanked. They are the future of UNT.

• Upvote 3

It pains me to say it, but FFR is right. Mean Green Club membership is a membership. It's not a gift. You purchase membership in the Club with the expectations of the benefits provided in return. You want to give for givings sake? Then donate your money to the athletic department outside of the Mean Green Club.

I'm not totally sure he's against the Recent Grad program - only the decision of one poster about utilizing it when they may or may not have needed to and their constant reminder of it here and other places.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I'm not the one here promoting the idea that people go the cheap route, you were.

Rick

you would argue with a fence post if you thought it might get you in to see a "closed" practice.

Start giving like C. Dan Smith and you will be treated differently. Otherwise, you're just a regular dude like the rest of us.

• Upvote 6

So, I got blue parking this year, but I had red parking last year. The red and blue lots are basically combined, so the only difference is the traffic route into the lots, correct?

watch out because FFR will blast you for spending less and getting the same benefit.

• Upvote 1