The Chick-Fil-A controversy

A second question would be, if the real issue was t his comment about gay Marriage, and more about his donations, why didn't the boycott occurs when the donations were made, rather than when the interview was given in which he made his opinions known about gay marriage?

Rick

That is a very logical question, and, oddly enough, many already were protesting: http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chickfila.asp. The interview was the tipping point that went mainstream.

No one is denying there is a separate, smaller, faction that wants to see CFA fail because they wear Christian principles on their sleeves, but any hack can see the way that both this fringe and the anti-gay crowd have grabbed on to this and tried to destroy the middle is the real shame.

MORE FACTIONS

MORE DIVISIONS

MOAR CHIKIN

MORE POSTERS*

*depending on who hangs them

That is a very logical question, and, oddly enough, many already were protesting: http://www.snopes.co.../chickfila.asp. The interview was the tipping point that went mainstream.

No one is denying there is a separate, smaller, faction that wants to see CFA fail because they wear Christian principles on their sleeves, but any hack can see the way that both this fringe and the anti-gay crowd have grabbed on to this and tried to destroy the middle is the real shame.

MORE FACTIONS

MORE DIVISIONS

MOAR CHIKIN

MORE POSTERS*

Seems to me that if you're not firmly entrenched on one side or the other, then you're a sheep. Right? I think that's what both sides of the extreme would have you believe.

For real, if the fact that a fast foot chain has principles that they stand on that do not jive with everyone (Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream and a myriad of others fall into this same category) is worth all of this firestorm nationally, then what is the National Debt, Public Education, etc... you know, REAL PROBLEMS worth?

• Upvote 3

No sarcasm here... How in the world did you get that idea from the picture I posted?

In my opinion, your graphic insults the contributions of Christians. It seems to imply that they are not charitable and don't matter. That's unfair. In any group there will be people that will or won't help their community. That's just my opinion.

Man this argument has gotten even more ridiculous and funny than when I was writing short stories for this thread. Keep it up fellas, good entertainment.

So Chic-Fil-A donated money to the Westboro people?

Rick

They gave money to organizations whose primary purpose is to promote and legislate the ideology from the bible, including the Family Research Council among others. Some of the organizations they have donated to have been on the record as saying things like: "we need to pray away the gay", "homosexuality should be illegal", "gays should be extradited", etc. etc. etc.

So no, they didn't give to Westboro. But they gave millions of dollars to organizations that are fighting the same fight as Westboro when it comes to gays. They're just doing it a lot less obnoxiously and idiotically.

A second question would be, if the real issue was t his comment about gay Marriage, and more about his donations, why didn't the boycott occurs when the donations were made, rather than when the interview was given in which he made his opinions known about gay marriage?

Rick

As someone already said, they were to an extent. It was no secret. But this was picked up by the mainstream media, and let the full population know about it. I wasn't surprised, nor were some other people. But the public at large are an ignorant herd of sheeple who don't know anything that the media doesn't explicitly tell them. That goes for both sides.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That is a very logical question, and, oddly enough, many already were protesting: http://www.snopes.co.../chickfila.asp. The interview was the tipping point that went mainstream.

MORE FACTIONS

MORE DIVISIONS

MOAR CHIKIN

MORE POSTERS*

Time waster.

In my opinion, your graphic insults the contributions of Christians. It seems to imply that they are not charitable and don't matter. That's unfair. In any group there will be people that will or won't help their community. That's just my opinion.

I looked at it as a commentary on the vast multitude of arm chair Christians who other than during holidays and times of crisis can't be bothered to miss a football game or an opportunity to sleep in on their weekend. Tell that crowd they can stick it to the gays, eat some tasty chicken, and affirm their Christianity and they'll make it out in droves.

Nothing but respect for your uncle and those of his ilk that display their convictions on a regular basis rather than when it's convenient.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

The message board for the University of North Texas, a university with a proud tradition of eagle as mascot, yet it's a chicken that is ultimately going to end up in the gmg.com hall of fame.

Are you saying we should choke the chicken ?

Are you saying we should choke the chicken ?

I'm down.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Chicken Lips Are Scarce"

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/chicken_lips_are_scarce_YjYD7gxNbcBd4WhzBWcJgN

...."But there wasn’t enough gay outrage to draw more than one person who was actually gay.

She was Laura Fram, 34, a gay Republican vegetarian, who said Chick-fil-A was “hateful and hurtful. But her main problem was that she had no one to kiss. “If you find someone for me to kiss, I’d be willing — but only a woman,”

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

http://m.nypost.com/...NbcBd4WhzBWcJgN

...."But there wasn't enough gay outrage to draw more than one person who was actually gay.

She was Laura Fram, 34, a gay Republican vegetarian, who said Chick-fil-A was "hateful and hurtful. But her main problem was that she had no one to kiss. "If you find someone for me to kiss, I'd be willing — but only a woman,"

Rick

If that article is considered journalism then I'm a nuclear physicist.

• Upvote 1

http://m.nypost.com/...NbcBd4WhzBWcJgN

...."But there wasn't enough gay outrage to draw more than one person who was actually gay.

She was Laura Fram, 34, a gay Republican vegetarian, who said Chick-fil-A was "hateful and hurtful. But her main problem was that she had no one to kiss. "If you find someone for me to kiss, I'd be willing — but only a woman,"

Rick

I went to CFA Saturday morning and met two girls there. No one kissed, but I could tell everyone was watching us. Also, one informed us she was dating a firefighter. How's that for closure?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If that article is considered journalism then I'm a nuclear physicist.

It's the NY Post. But it does bring up an interesting point. I refuse to shop at a number of places for socio-political reasons. If I'm asked about it I'll give my reasoning, but for the most part I just keep my money in my pocket then use it elsewhere. I consider it a silent form of protest and save my vocal chords for cheering at games or actually demonstrating at bigger functions. I don't like the way the COO of CFA spends their profits, so I don't give them any of my money.

I also think the Mayors of Boston and Chicago were out of line. But they are politicians jumping on a hot button issue. It'll come back to bite 'em.

• Upvote 3