NCAA Football 13

I got NCAA Football 13 in the mail today. I haven't played since really NCAA 13 2004 about five years ago. Apogee Stadium looks terrific but still no UNT fight song. :(

I played one quick exhibition game and was matched up with Arkansas State. UNT jumped out in front 12-0 (took me awhile to figure out how to kick). ASU got a touchdown but we came back with a field goal right before the half to make it 15-7 at the half. The third quarter was scoreless but half way through the fourth we kicked our second field goal to make it 18-7. With about three minutes left ASU got a short touchdown run but missed fired on the try for two, 18-13.

We took over and got one first down but had to punt, pinning ASU inside their 20. However, two big plays and they were at the UNT 40. Then we had the play of the game with under a minute left. ASU completed a long pass down the middle of the field but the receiver was stripped of the ball inside the five yard. We then kneeled once to run out the clock.

Final: UNT 18, ASU 13.

Now that I've got to learn how to actually play this game. :)

The real point of this thread is this: Apogee Stadium looks terrific (complete with wind turbines) but still no UNT fight song.

Edited by NorthTexan95
  • Upvote 2

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

It's out?

Let's see, payday is next week, filled up with gas yesterday. Should I go get groceries or go buy my copy?

Screw it, I'm sure there are some old Ramen Noodle packages in the pantry. I graduated in 2004, they should still be good, right?

• Upvote 2

Just an FYI for those interested...I was scanning the CUSA board yesterday and noticed there were 2 threads trying to get dynasties set up for PS3 and Xbox. The Xbox commish is setting up the conference to include UNT, UTSA, LaTech and FIU. The PS3 one will be with the current CUSA lineup, so you'll need to adopt a team.

I'm probably not getting this year's version, but probably will next year and look forward to some dynasty play.

Don't. When you do dynasty mode you can customize conferences. I already have UNT in CUSA with how it will be next year.

I'm enjoying it so far but as noted, no fight song and they have the teams on opposite sides.

I wonder if the lack of fight song is because we are in SunBelt. All the CUSA songs I have played have fight songs and I played ArkState and I don't believe they have it.

Don't. When you do dynasty mode you can customize conferences. I already have UNT in CUSA with how it will be next year.

I'm enjoying it so far but as noted, no fight song and they have the teams on opposite sides.

I wonder if the lack of fight song is because we are in SunBelt. All the CUSA songs I have played have fight songs and I played ArkState and I don't believe they have it.

How is UNT faring against the CUSA teams?

last years game had the ability to add custom sounds/music (including fight songs at the appropriate time) and I assume this one will have the same capacity. I'll probably have it before the end of the week but diablo 3 continues to consume all my gaming time.

There were a few sites that gave good instructions and links to sound effects for all teams that could be downloaded to the system hard drive on last year's version. adding them to in-game events takes some time and patience but you could really make a true game-day experience.

edit... i'm on the 360 version

Edited by Maduro
  • Upvote 1

you mean you have the band play fly like an eagle every 30 seconds?

now i just need to figure out how to sync that with the dance team's "muppet head shake" bit that my wife loves to watch so much during that song.

for those of you that may be confused with what that is, just place your right ear on your right shoulder then quickly move your head so that your left ear is on your left shoulder while your long hair flys around like a muppet. do this repeatedly while matching your rythym with the chorus.

• Upvote 2

That REALLY stinks! I do agree with the author about the bad loading times. It's why I always get the PC version of the game if it's possible - shorter loading times.

It takes FOREVER to simulate between weeks in dynasty mode. He's not kidding about making drinks before a game starting

I was noticing that the UNT football uniforms look great on NCAA 13. Then I realized it's because they are slightly darker than what we actually use. I wish our real uniforms were this shade.

In other news ... last night I wholloped SMU 42-28. We got two defensive touchdowns after causing the quarterback to fumble. SMU recovered consecutive onside kickoffs to make it even that close at the end.

• Upvote 2

I bought the game tonight. I played a half before shutting it down. Seems pretty solid. It's good to be playing at Apogee with the current uni's.

Hmmm. Apparently the Amazing Scrappy has the ability to move through brick walls in the end zone during celebrations.

On a side note, it's nice that Apogee has the fans so close to the action that it gives the game a glitch when they try to squeeze animation in on the turf outside the field of play.