UTA - let's skip the "passing us by thread"

shaft

It seems like any time any school and Texas does anything someone starts a lame "are they passing us by thread."

Can we all agree getting our sloppy seconds in an Olympic sports conference is not passing anyone by.

The SBC didn't want the Mavericks the first go around.

But to be fair UTA has one thing going for it. Their new BB arena let's them host events like this:

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

It seems like any time any school and Texas does anything someone starts a lame "are they passing us by thread."

Can we all agree getting our sloppy seconds in an Olympic sports conference is not passing anyone by.

The SBC didn't want the Mavericks the first go around.

But to be fair UTA has one thing going for it. Their new BB arena let's them host events like this:

Brings a whole new ring to UTA (Unbelievably Tainted Athletics). Hopefully no more basketball embarassments playing the former Grubbs Vocational College.

• Upvote 4

Open your eyes, Neo, and see the Matrix for what it truly is. In a constrained economy, the UT System must make choices about where it can allocate resources. Our poor cousin Texas State is in the backyard of the University of Central Texas (i.e. UT Austin). Thus you see dramatic developments for UTSA. When the economy opens up, the system will leverage its vast resources more liberally, and you will see all kinds of exciting developments for old UTA. They will not pass us by, but they will be there to dilute us in important ways.

I have personally observed the effect on Texas State. I have a graduating senior at the very challenging Westlake HS here in Austin. The 'top 10%' practice has kept many excellent students but who are in the middle of the class at this school, out of the UCT and even A&M. Most do not want to go to Tech or Houston or pay for private school, so in droves they are going down to UTSA. Would they even consider Texas State? No. Unfortunately my student has elected to attend at the capital of the Evil Empire. (Nothing would stop the Matrix from incorporating other elements of human pop culture so lay off.) It greatly pains me to send money there but that is his decision. Ironically I see this as a tactic of rebellion.

On a nearly unrelated note, there were several positive mentions of UNT at the Senior awards ceremony last night. You will be aghast to know however, that one older gentleman did refer to us as North Texas State.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Are you saying they are passing us by?

To be fair they are hosting a wrestling Pay Per View and the last pro-wrestling event at the Super Pit was a crappy house show, but at least our event was WWE and theirs is TNA

• Upvote 1

Open your eyes, Neo, and see the Matrix for what it truly is. In a constrained economy, the UT System must make choices about where it can allocate resources. Our poor cousin Texas State is in the backyard of the University of Central Texas (i.e. UT Austin). Thus you see dramatic developments for UTSA. When the economy opens up, the system will leverage its vast resources more liberally, and you will see all kinds of exciting developments for old UTA. They will not pass us by, but they will be there to dilute us in important ways.

I have personally observed the effect on Texas State. I have a graduating senior at the very challenging Westlake HS here in Austin. The 'top 10%' practice has kept many excellent students but who are in the middle of the class at this school, out of the UCT and even A&M. Most do not want to go to Tech or Houston or pay for private school, so in droves they are going down to UTSA. Would they even consider Texas State? No. Unfortunately my student has elected to attend at the capital of the Evil Empire. (Nothing would stop the Matrix from incorporating other elements of human pop culture so lay off.) It greatly pains me to send money there but that is his decision. Ironically I see this as a tactic of rebellion.

On a nearly unrelated note, there were several positive mentions of UNT at the Senior awards ceremony last night. You will be aghast to know however, that one older gentleman did refer to us as North Texas State.

the UT System does not make moves based on what happens at other universities like TxState.....Academics is not a competition similar to athletics at all and if UT was so concerned about TxState then they would have prevented them from adding enough Doctoral programs to become an emerging research university and they would have started the Edwards Aquifer research center and the like

TxState draws the largest (by far) % of their students from the Austin metro area so Westlake students might not be TxState, but a large number of other Austin area students are

UTSA had 352 students in the 2011 cohort from Travis County while TxState had 437 (and growing every year for the last few years while UTSA is down from 2007 and 2008) so while UTSA might be the new hot place for Westlake grads (for what reason I would not know other than the transfer program) it looks as though TxState is still more popular with the Travis County freshman class

I would imagine the % of college bound students that were from a school like Westlake that could not get into Texas or TAMU and could not afford privvate school and that did not want to consider Tech or TxState is extremely small compared to the total number of college bound seniors from a school like Westlake and that is ignoring students going to OU, OkState, Arkansas and other state schools that heavily recruit students from Texas

Westlake was not one of the top 10 feeder schools for UTSA as well in any recent year

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

UTSA had 352 students in the 2011 cohort from Travis County while TxState had 437 (and growing every year for the last few years while UTSA is down from 2007 and 2008) so while UTSA might be the new hot place for Westlake grads (for what reason I would not know other than the transfer program) it looks as though TxState is still more popular with the Travis County freshman class

No question that Texas State is getting people there. They always will. But for a certain caliber of students there IS competition between institutions, and from what I can observe directly, UTSA is beating Texas State in that competition. If it is the transfer opportunity, then - back to the original point - that is an opportunity that UTA offers also. To the extent that UTA begins to offer other amenities then UNT could see an impact in the caliber of students it could attract. My point is that the UT System uses these subsidiary campuses to make such gains which come directly at the expense of institutions such as Texas State and UNT. These can be either in the athletic realm or the academic, and I believe that for many reasons, gains in either one of those realms results in gains in the other.

timestamp='1337919504' post='647417']

No question that Texas State is getting people there. They always will. But for a certain caliber of students there IS competition between institutions, and from what I can observe directly, UTSA is beating Texas State in that competition. If it is the transfer opportunity, then - back to the original point - that is an opportunity that UTA offers also. To the extent that UTA begins to offer other amenities then UNT could see an impact in the caliber of students it could attract. My point is that the UT System uses these subsidiary campuses to make such gains which come directly at the expense of institutions such as Texas State and UNT. These can be either in the athletic realm or the academic, and I believe that for many reasons, gains in either one of those realms results in gains in the other.

University of North Texas 27,779 27,427 28,283 28,282 16.4% 16.5% 17.7% 18.7%

Texas State University-San Marcos 24,810 26,001 27,448 28,959 12.4% 12.9% 13.2% 11.7%

Texas Tech University 23,107 24,311 25,426 26,008 19.4% 17.0% 19.3% 20.3%

University of Houston 27,642 28,074 29,386 30,470 15.9% 17.6% 18.6% 27.9%

The University of Texas at Arlington 18,399 20,642 24,100 24,258 18.1% 22.7% 23.9% 23.5%

The University of Texas at El Paso 16,976 17,202 18,158 18,975 13.4% 14.8% 14.0% 15.0%

The University of Texas at Dallas 9,202 9,634 10,330 11,409 29.7% 27.8% 28.9% 29.3%

The University of Texas at San Antonio 24,648 25,006 25,794 26,268 8.5% 8.2% 10.4% 12.3%

those are the undergrad enrollments from 2008-20011 and the % of students in the top 10% of their HS class from the same time period

UTSA is growing their numbers steadily, but at the same time they are not growing their undergrad enrollment at the same pace as TxState or UTA or others and since top 10% students have a 100% choice (with the exception of UT Austin right now) and there are a limited number of them and they are not related to total enrollment of a university in particular the % comparison is really not that meaningful what is more meaningful is who pulls in the largest total number of those students...true UTSA has grown their total number as well, but I would imagine the vast majority of those are from the SA metro area since 10 out of 10 of the top feeder schools for UTSA are SA metro schools while TxState had 3 Austin HSs, Georgetown, San Marcos, Round Rock, two in NB, Cibolo, and Hays (Buda) as their top 10 feeders

for transfers (in order) TxState had ACC, Alamo CC, Blinn, LonsStar CC, UTSA (102 students), Tarrant, DCCCD, Wharton, San Jacinto, and HCC while UTSA had for top feeders for transfers SAC, Northwest Vista, ACC, Palo Alto, St. Phillips, LoneStar, Blinn, Southwest Texas JC, TxState (39), and Laredo CC

so TxState is growing enrollment faster and keeping higher #s of top% ers and they are keeping a broad base of students especially coming out of the Austin metro area and transfers out of Austin, SA, Houston and the DFW area

in 2009 and 2010 the % in the top 25% of HS class was UTA with 60/61, UTD 53/57, Tech 51/52, TxState 51/52 North Texas 49/51, UTSA 36/40, UH 38/36, UTEP 35/35

but again those numbers are not a full comparison until looked at with enrollment growth as well

from 09-10 NT added 856, TxState 1447, Tech 1115, UH 1312, UTA 3476, UTEP 956, UTD 696, and UTSA 788 so most schools were holding or growing their % in the top 25% while adding more total students and % in the top 25% is one of the metrics for NRUF funding

UTSA and TxState have the lowest % of graduate to undergrads of the emerging research universities, but UTSA has the issue of needing to increase their freshman class metric while maintaining enrollment while TxState needs to increase restricted research dollars....TxState is adding programs in engineering and adding PhD programs specifically in engineering as well which will help research and those undergrads in those same programs will probably be better prepared as well while UTSA is already at a high level of PhD programs and engineering programs and needing to elevate their freshman class metrics

so TxState has added programs that will attract better prepared freshman and attract research dollars and they are growing faster as well while UTSA is not adding those types of programs and still needing to boost freshman class metrics in a state that mainly funds higher education based on enrollment so UTSA could well find themselves with stagnant enrollment growth (and stagnant funding levels) while TxState can maintain some growth if only slightly and keep their overall total dollar funding growing

UTA as well is at 15% graduate students now and they are above the 50% mark for top 25% of high school class so they can hold steady with what they are doing UTD is at 26% graduate students and adding undergrad engineering majors as well so they can grow enrollmen, keep a high freshman class metric, and continue on as they are now

UH is at 17% graduate students, but they did not use the freshman class metric to qualify for NRUF funding they used faculty quality (a metric that only UH and UTD met and that the others have little chance of meeting in the near or medium term future) so UH can afford to raise freshman metrics as they have recently and will again, but they don't have to do so at the expense of total enrollment and formula funding so they can still let in more "individual review" students

really of all the ones looking to use freshman class as a metric for NRUF UTSA and UTEP are in the worst shape and UTSA more so than UTEP because UTEP has a higher % of grad students now and they do more restricted research and they have a chance to possibly use endowment as a metric for NRUF funding down the road VS freshman class and TxState has the low graduate student %, but they have the freshman class metrics now and they can maintain that while growing enrollment and research dollars by having the ability to add programs that attract dollars and better prepared freshman students

I am not trying to tear UTSA down at all, but the point is that TxState does well attracting students from the Austin area, the SA area, and the Houston area and while TxState has restricted research to address down the road they have freshman class under control for the most part and they have a much better ability to control that than UTSA that is moving from a basically open enrollment while still needing to maintain total enrollment numbers and state formula funding and I don't think they will be all that successful if they are targeting potential TxState/Austin HS students they would probably be better served looking towards south Texas and keeping more top students from the SA area at home

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

University of North Texas 27,779 27,427 28,283 28,282 16.4% 16.5% 17.7% 18.7%

Texas State University-San Marcos 24,810 26,001 27,448 28,959 12.4% 12.9% 13.2% 11.7%

Texas Tech University 23,107 24,311 25,426 26,008 19.4% 17.0% 19.3% 20.3%

University of Houston 27,642 28,074 29,386 30,470 15.9% 17.6% 18.6% 27.9%

The University of Texas at Arlington 18,399 20,642 24,100 24,258 18.1% 22.7% 23.9% 23.5%

The University of Texas at El Paso 16,976 17,202 18,158 18,975 13.4% 14.8% 14.0% 15.0%

The University of Texas at Dallas 9,202 9,634 10,330 11,409 29.7% 27.8% 28.9% 29.3%

The University of Texas at San Antonio 24,648 25,006 25,794 26,268 8.5% 8.2% 10.4% 12.3%

those are the undergrad enrollments from 2008-20011 and the % of students in the top 10% of their HS class from the same time period

UTSA is growing their numbers steadily, but at the same time they are not growing their undergrad enrollment at the same pace as TxState or UTA or others and since top 10% students have a 100% choice (with the exception of UT Austin right now) and there are a limited number of them and they are not related to total enrollment of a university in particular the % comparison is really not that meaningful what is more meaningful is who pulls in the largest total number of those students...true UTSA has grown their total number as well, but I would imagine the vast majority of those are from the SA metro area since 10 out of 10 of the top feeder schools for UTSA are SA metro schools while TxState had 3 Austin HSs, Georgetown, San Marcos, Round Rock, two in NB, Cibolo, and Hays (Buda) as their top 10 feeders

for transfers (in order) TxState had ACC, Alamo CC, Blinn, LonsStar CC, UTSA (102 students), Tarrant, DCCCD, Wharton, San Jacinto, and HCC while UTSA had for top feeders for transfers SAC, Northwest Vista, ACC, Palo Alto, St. Phillips, LoneStar, Blinn, Southwest Texas JC, TxState (39), and Laredo CC

so TxState is growing enrollment faster and keeping higher #s of top% ers and they are keeping a broad base of students especially coming out of the Austin metro area and transfers out of Austin, SA, Houston and the DFW area

in 2009 and 2010 the % in the top 25% of HS class was UTA with 60/61, UTD 53/57, Tech 51/52, TxState 51/52 North Texas 49/51, UTSA 36/40, UH 38/36, UTEP 35/35

but again those numbers are not a full comparison until looked at with enrollment growth as well

from 09-10 NT added 856, TxState 1447, Tech 1115, UH 1312, UTA 3476, UTEP 956, UTD 696, and UTSA 788 so most schools were holding or growing their % in the top 25% while adding more total students and % in the top 25% is one of the metrics for NRUF funding

UTSA and TxState have the lowest % of graduate to undergrads of the emerging research universities, but UTSA has the issue of needing to increase their freshman class metric while maintaining enrollment while TxState needs to increase restricted research dollars....TxState is adding programs in engineering and adding PhD programs specifically in engineering as well which will help research and those undergrads in those same programs will probably be better prepared as well while UTSA is already at a high level of PhD programs and engineering programs and needing to elevate their freshman class metrics

so TxState has added programs that will attract better prepared freshman and attract research dollars and they are growing faster as well while UTSA is not adding those types of programs and still needing to boost freshman class metrics in a state that mainly funds higher education based on enrollment so UTSA could well find themselves with stagnant enrollment growth (and stagnant funding levels) while TxState can maintain some growth if only slightly and keep their overall total dollar funding growing

UTA as well is at 15% graduate students now and they are above the 50% mark for top 25% of high school class so they can hold steady with what they are doing UTD is at 26% graduate students and adding undergrad engineering majors as well so they can grow enrollmen, keep a high freshman class metric, and continue on as they are now

UH is at 17% graduate students, but they did not use the freshman class metric to qualify for NRUF funding they used faculty quality (a metric that only UH and UTD met and that the others have little chance of meeting in the near or medium term future) so UH can afford to raise freshman metrics as they have recently and will again, but they don't have to do so at the expense of total enrollment and formula funding so they can still let in more "individual review" students

really of all the ones looking to use freshman class as a metric for NRUF UTSA and UTEP are in the worst shape and UTSA more so than UTEP because UTEP has a higher % of grad students now and they do more restricted research and they have a chance to possibly use endowment as a metric for NRUF funding down the road VS freshman class and TxState has the low graduate student %, but they have the freshman class metrics now and they can maintain that while growing enrollment and research dollars by having the ability to add programs that attract dollars and better prepared freshman students

I am not trying to tear UTSA down at all, but the point is that TxState does well attracting students from the Austin area, the SA area, and the Houston area and while TxState has restricted research to address down the road they have freshman class under control for the most part and they have a much better ability to control that than UTSA that is moving from a basically open enrollment while still needing to maintain total enrollment numbers and state formula funding and I don't think they will be all that successful if they are targeting potential TxState/Austin HS students they would probably be better served looking towards south Texas and keeping more top students from the SA area at home

the UT System does not make moves based on what happens at other universities like TxState.....Academics is not a competition similar to athletics at all and if UT was so concerned about TxState then they would have prevented them from adding enough Doctoral programs to become an emerging research university and they would have started the Edwards Aquifer research center and the like

TxState draws the largest (by far) % of their students from the Austin metro area so Westlake students might not be TxState, but a large number of other Austin area students are

I would imagine the % of college bound students that were from a school like Westlake that could not get into Texas or TAMU and could not afford privvate school and that did not want to consider Tech or TxState is extremely small compared to the total number of college bound seniors from a school like Westlake and that is ignoring students going to OU, OkState, Arkansas and other state schools that heavily recruit students from Texas

Westlake was not one of the top 10 feeder schools for UTSA as well in any recent year

Just for fun, the earth is round. Your thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Just to short circuit GLG's UT system rant. UNT and UTSAhave higher admission standards than TXST. And players that transfer still have to sit out a year. Now, Can y'all get back on topic. Wraslin' we're talking about professional wraslin' and how we need more of it.

Just to short circuit GLG's UT system rant. UNT and UTSAhave higher admission standards than TXST. And players that transfer still have to sit out a year. Now, Can y'all get back on topic. Wraslin' we're talking about professional wraslin' and how we need more of it.

actually TxState has higher admissions standards than UTSA and even after UTSA increases theirs TxState will still have higher actual standards

UTSA does not increase theirs until next year and they are still automatic admissions for anyone in the top 25% of their HS class while TxState has the auto admissions for the top 10% (like all but UT and TAMU) and then for the 11-25% of HS class they have a 920 SAT or a 20 SAT required

for the second 25% of HS class UTSA currently has a 960 SAT or 20 ACT

for the second 25% TxState currently has a 1010 SAT or a 22 ACT so Tx State is clearly higher currently

when UTSA increases theirs they will still have the auto admit for the top 25% of HS class while TxState will only have it for the top 10% and then for 11-25% TxState will require the 960 SAT or 20 ACT so TxState will still have higher admissions for the 11-25%

UTSA will move to an 1100 SAT or 24 ACT for guaranteed admissions, but they will still guarantee an individual review for anyone with a 900 SAT or 19 ACT so really they can't claim they have higher admissions because they are tossing out an inflated number and then guaranteeing reviews to those with a lower number still......this goes back to what I said about UTSA needing to increase their freshman metrics, but still needing to maintain enrollment numbers for formula funding

for the third 25% TxState has an 1180 SAT or 26 ACT for admission while UTSA does the "individual review" for anyone with a 1000 SAT or 21 ACT so again it is impossible to know what standard they will actually use without seeing what the individual reviews allow in while TxState has firm standards that are in place and higher than the individual review standards for UTSA

and if you want to say the new admissions standards for UTSA are actually higher than TxState then you would have to say that UTSA has higher admissions standards than unT as well because unT has the auto top 10% and then a 950 SAT or 20 SAT (30 points higher for the SAT and the same for ACT as TxState)

then for the second 25% unT is a 1050 SAT or 23 ACT so 40 SAT points or 1 ACT point higher than the same class ranking as TxState and for the 3rd 25% unT and TxState have the exact same standards 1180/26

so if you are going to say that UTSA with no sat required for the 11-25% of the HS class and a future requirement of 1100/24 for guaranteed admissions to the second 25% or a 900/19 for individual review and then a 3rd 25% with 1000/21 for individual review is higher than TxState then it would also be higher than unT as well

so while unT has slightly higher admissions form the 11-25% of HS class and the 26-50% of HS class VS TxState (and the exact same for the 51-75%) UTSA currently dose not and in the future if you are going to say that auto admissions for the top 25% and guaranteed for the 26-50% with an 1100/24 and guaranteed review for 900/19 is higher than it would be higher than unT as well

so you are incorrect for UTSA vs TxState as of now and I would say that you are incorrect for UTSA vsTxState next year as well and if you still say that UTSA will be higher then UTSA will also be higher than unT as well because the numbers for unT and TxState are clearly spelled out for guaranteed admissions and the numbers for UTSA for guaranteed admissions are spelled out, but it is not known yet who else they will allow in for individual review and those numbers are spelled out lower and UTSA still will have auto admits for the 11-25% of HS class as well

Edited by GL2Greatness
  • Downvote 3

Yo're flat out wrong. UNT and UTSA have higher admission standards than TXST.

Posting crap about average students doesn't matter when the school's stated admission standards are a full point below the other school's standard.

• Upvote 1

Yo're flat out wrong. UNT and UTSA have higher admission standards than TXST.

Posting crap about average students doesn't matter when the school's stated admission standards are a full point below the other school's standard.

you make this so easy

http://www.utsa.edu/...s/freshmen.html

HS Class Rank SAT Score (min.) ACT Score (min.) 1st quartile (top 25%) No minimum but must submit scores No minimum but must submit scores

2nd quartile (second 25%) 960 (critical reading and math only) 20 (composite)

3rd and 4th quartile Individual review Individual Review

no HS rank, unaccredited HS, or home school program Individual review Individual Review

those are the current admissions standards for UTSA

http://www.admission...g-accepted.html

Assured Admission Standards

Class Rank

SAT I*

ACT

Top 10%

Required, but no minimum

First Quartile

Second Quartile

Third Quartile

Fourth Quartile

those are the current admissions for TxState

http://www.utsa.edu/...quirements.html

Top 25% Guaranteed Admission Guaranteed Admission

Second 25% • SAT 1100: Guaranteed Admission (Others by Committee Review: SAT ≥ 900 for consideration) • ACT 24: Guaranteed Admission (Others by Committee Review: ACT ≥ 19 for consideration)

Third 25% • Committee Review: (SAT ≥ 1000 for consideration) • Committee Review: (ACT ≥ 21 for consideration)

Fourth 25% • Committee Review: (SAT ≥ 1100 for consideration) • Committee Review: (ACT ≥ 24 for consideration)

Non-Ranking Accredited HS • SAT 1100: Guaranteed Admission (Others by Committee Review: SAT ≥ 900 for consideration) • ACT 24: Guaranteed Admission (Others by Committee Review: ACT ≥ 19 for consideration)

GED, Unaccredited HS, Home School • Committee Review: (SAT ≥ 1100 for consideration) • Committee Review: (ACT ≥ 24 for consideration)

those are the new standards for UTSA for 2013......so UTSA still has auto admissions for the top 25% of the HS class while TxState requires a 920/20 for the 11-25 ranking in the HS class.....so clearly those are not higher than TxState

UTSA will require an 1100/24 for the 26-50% of HS class rank for guaranteed admissions, but they will have an individual review for anyone with a 900/19 or better while TxState has guaranteed admissions for anyone with a 1010/22 or higher......so you can say that for the 26-50% of HS class rank UTSA is higher, but that is not actually known until it is known what type of students they let in with a review and TxState still has higher admissions for the 11-25% of HS class rank

I never said that TxState was higher than unT either......what I said is that if you are going to claim that the new UTSA admissions standards for 2013 are higher then you would also have to say that UTSA has higher admissions than unT as well

Top 10 percent of high school class Submit SAT or ACT score

Next 15 percent of high school class Minimum 950 SAT or 20 ACT score

Second quarter of high school class Minimum 1050 SAT or 23 ACT score

Third quarter of high school class Minimum 1180 SAT or 26 ACT score

http://www.unt.edu/admission/

those are the admissions standards for 2013 for unT and just as I said they are 30 SAT points higher and the same ACT for the 11-25% and they are 40 SAT points or 1 ACT higher for the 26-50% class rank and they are exactly the same for the 51-75% class rank

so just as I clearly stated the admissions requirements for UTSA are not higher than the requirements for TxState and if one considers the new 2013 UTSA admissions requirements higher than TxState then one would also have to consider those UTSA admissions standards higher than unT as well

what I said was clear as day and you obviously have no clue what you are talking about you can't have it both ways....if the 2013 admissions for UTSA are considered higher than TxState then they are also higher than unT as well

Edited by GL2Greatness
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You guys keep feeding him replies, thus giving fuel to the fire.

His word count rivals Plumm, for Pete's sake! just stop. please.

Exactly what I was thinking! God help us if GL2Greatness starts coloring, highlighting, and underscoring his epistles like Plummer.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Talk about a fruitless discussion. Who cares the differences are so scant between automatic entry standards of most of the state schools: UH, Tech, NT, TSSM, UTSA and UTA that you are getting in to the deep weeds to tell the difference.

Then you get into how many are admitted that don't meet the standards, enough in some cases to make the stated numbers almost meaningless.

One think I do believe after looking at a lot of college stats, that are used in the endless fan debates: athletic budget, attendance, academic metrics, etc.; is that most reported numbers are at best slanted and provide very little more than a very broad view.

• Upvote 1

One think I do believe after looking at a lot of college stats, that are used in the endless fan debates: athletic budget, attendance, academic metrics, etc.; is that most reported numbers are at best slanted and provide very little more than a very broad view.

I agree I don't know why admissions stats matter in a thread about prowrestling.

UNT has Stone Cold & the Von Erichs. Shawn Michaels dropped out of Southwest Texas.

That's two hall of famers to half a hall of famer.

And I don't know what TXST has to do with any of this? We were talking about UTA.

• Thanks 1