So if Aston takes the UT job

Harry

Is there someone on the staff ie Angela Ortega ready to step up or do you parlay the fact that our coach just landed into one of the premier programs in the country to land a bigger more experienced name? I can see advantages to both. Thoughts?

NO. Not even if he's interested...I wouldn't want anyone associated with either UCONN basketball team anywhere near my alma mater

:lol: I know you have a thing against men coaching women's basketball. You were at the top of my list for the first to make a negative reply.

I hear Gail Goestenkors could use a job. Even though she flamed out at UT, she built a power at Duke.

• Upvote 2

:lol: I know you have a thing against men coaching women's basketball. You were at the top of my list for the first to make a negative reply.

I hear Gail Goestenkors could use a job. Even though she flamed out at UT, she built a power at Duke.

Men coaching (and hell, watching) women's basketball does weird me out...but Geno and Calhoun are sleazy pricks.

I'm with CBL regarding Geno. There is a certain sleeze factor to him. Then again, he's not even an option, thank goodness.

I like CMJ's idea. Let's go after Coach Goestenkors.

Goestenkors would not be bad and she wouldn't have the pressure that she had in Austin.

Goestenkors would not be bad and she wouldn't have the pressure that she had in Austin.

My thought is that it she is/was a proven coach and things just didn't work out for her in Austin. This could be a chance for her to build a program, as you stated, without the pressure of Austin, and reestablish herself. Who knows, she might like it in Denton and stay.

• Upvote 1

JJ was an up and comer when he started here. Seems to have worked out pretty well so far.

It depends on your definition of "young and upcoming". I'll take one like Aston and JJ who both had some HC experience (JJ as a intrim) before coming here versues a Stephens or Dodge who had no college HC experience previous to NT. I'd like to shoot higher for someone without some skins on the wall. From the McCarney/Aston hirings, I think RV and our President are also shooting higher than before.

Edited by NorthTexan95
  • Upvote 1