For those that thought Bob Marlin had class

GreenBat

I seem to remember some guy saying he would come on here and admit JJ out coached Marlin if we beat ULL.... I'm probably wrong.

He appears to know that the games took place:

"Wow JJ gets another gift landing in his lap with UALR and MUTS going down. This is now UNT's Tournament to LOSE!!"

"luck is truly shining on JJ for a second straight year. "

• Upvote 3

He appears to know that the games took place:

"Wow JJ gets another gift landing in his lap with UALR and MUTS going down. This is now UNT's Tournament to LOSE!!"

"luck is truly shining on JJ for a second straight year. "

Weird. If you replaced "JJ" with "UNT" in both of those statements you'd almost think he was a Mean Green fan!

• Upvote 2

I don't blame Marlin. I would be pissed, also, if I were the higher seed, yet my team's fans were outnumbered 15 to 1.

Maybe he meant that we own the conference tournament attendance numbers.

I was shocked by the poor attendance by ULL. I don't think they're that much farther away than we are.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to JJ he outfoxed the fox in Marlin. Yes stand by that luck is shining on JJ and UNT. Would this team have beaten MUTS? ???

but they instead get a #9 and now a #10 could not ask for a better draw. Now hope there is not a repeat of the UALR debacle from last year.

Sorry it took a few days to acknowledge the success, towing three kids around and then dealing with the classy ladies of the Southland Conference Tennis Teams led me to lots of drinking the last few days, so forgot to come back and grovel to the JJ shrine for beating Marlin.

Edited by untbowler
  • Downvote 10

Congrats to JJ he outfoxed the fox in Marlin. Yes stand by that luck is shining on JJ and UNT. Would this team have beaten MUTS? ???

but they instead get a #9 and now a #10 could not ask for a better draw. Now hope there is not a repeat of the UALR debacle from last year.

We beat the team that defeated MTSU.

Also, WKU is the 7, not 10.

BTW - Jones has a winning record all time against Marlin.

• Upvote 3

Sorry it took a few days to acknowledge the success, towing three kids around and then dealing with the classy ladies of the Southland Conference Tennis Teams led me to lots of drinking the last few days, so forgot to come back and grovel to the JJ shrine for beating Marlin.

2032218.jpg

• Upvote 2

Given the first part of your statement, I am not sure that you are really giving JJ much credit here. I read this as "congrats for being lucky and getting other teams to beat the higher seeds". Kind of a backhanded acknowledgment, but it is a start.

Given the first part of your statement, I am not sure that you are really giving JJ much credit here. I read this as "congrats for being lucky and getting other teams to beat the higher seeds". Kind of a backhanded acknowledgment, but it is a start.

ok maybe seen as slightly backhanded, but this is one of the best draws that could have fallen into the team's lap and credit to JJ getting the team together and winning the games, especially last night with Mitchell on the bench.

• Downvote 4

ok maybe seen as slightly backhanded, but this is one of the best draws that could have fallen into the team's lap and credit to JJ getting the team together and winning the games, especially last night with Mitchell on the bench.

How about giving JJ credit for beating UALR in little rock to wrap up the 5 seed. You know, the seed responsible for getting this "lucky" draw.

I don't know why people get so locked in to something. Is JJ the greatest x and o's coach in the nation? No. Does JJ bring great talent to UNT and consistently have his teams winning late in the year? You know, when it matters? Yes.

You can't argue with a coach that gets his team to 3 tournament finals in a row in this basketball conference. I don't know why people even try.

• Upvote 5