Pedestrian Bridge

I stopped by the pedestrian bridge site yesterday. The bridge is much wider than I had imagined. I didn't get out and mesure, but I think two golf carts could pass easily on this bridge. Both sides will have a perpendicular ramp leading to the bridge. When this puppy is lifted onto the supports over the Interstate I hope somebody can get video. I would think the placement of the bridge will be done on a Sunday when traffic is lighter. Cars will be backed up to Norman and to Waco.

GO MEAN GREEN

(ps Very nice catch MDH)

I agree it looks like carts would have plenty of room to pass over the bridge, but not with a full stadium's worth of pedestrians as well. I would expect the shuttles to continue using the same routes from last year. Leave the pedestrian bridge to the pedestrians.

Maybe we should rename I-35 in between the exits of North Texas Blvd and Bonnie Brae to be called 'Troubled Waters HWY.'

and then we could just call the bridge 'Bridge Over Troubled Waters'

and have this playing 24/7

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's great news SOW! Thanks for sharing that. I may park at Fouts for TSU just so I can cross it!

or just park where you normally do and walk over the bridge and back so that you get the feeling of coming and going over the bridge for it's first game...

Or........sign up and attend the OKTOBERFEST BEER TASTING EVENT set for Sept. 15th at the Alumni Pavilion and you can use the bridge if you want to park at Fouts....the walk back over after the event might be a memorable one as well....Ha!

• Upvote 1

They're closing 35 from 10p-6a on July 27. Anyone wanna grab some beers and tailgate the erection?

sounds like a normal Friday night for me... although I don't know what 'tailgate' refers to...

Edited by golfingomez
  • Upvote 2

They're closing 35 from 10p-6a on July 27. Anyone wanna grab some beers and tailgate the erection?

I usually don't go to all the trouble of a full tailgate. Usually a bottle of Jurgens, some cheetos and a quiet room will do.

• Upvote 2