Trice

Dr. Seuss

I like Marcus Trice. I like the three-star DBs signed last year in Warner and Swarn, and Xavier Kelly this year.

People shouldn't underplay the signing Kelly. He had offers all over the country, including Washington State of the Pac-12. This wasn't a "small school" kid that we are suddenly afraid of.

We've got more speed and talent that we've had in the secondary in a long time. We ought to be happy. The only thing missing now is the reps. These coaches will get them in.

Nice street fighter reference. Can he emit enough electricity to power Apogee stadium on game day?

• Upvote 1

I love his video on the recruiting thread, the video of the combine. If he is still that quick, he looks like he could play slot for us also and light it up on the offensive side of the ball. I love the fact that we are going to have a leader with his mentality in the defensive backfield the next two years.

• Upvote 2

I love his video on the recruiting thread, the video of the combine. If he is still that quick, he looks like he could play slot for us also and light it up on the offensive side of the ball. I love the fact that we are going to have a leader with his mentality in the defensive backfield the next two years.

And, here's a key point! Here's a guy that may be able to lead in the locker room. Having been at OU and being able to show folks his own rings from bowl games with the Sooners, he may have a little more sway.

Ditto Feldt with Arkansas. I think the Razorbacks went to the Sugar Bowl the year he took a redshirt. These two have seen how the inside of a top, winning program's locker room.

A coach telling you things, showing you rings, that is one thing to motivate. But, when you have guys among you, at your level with the same kind of stuff...I just want to see these two step up and lead. Looks like Trice is willing.

McCarney is lucky to have those two in the locker room.

And, here's a key point! Here's a guy that may be able to lead in the locker room. Having been at OU and being able to show folks his own rings from bowl games with the Sooners, he may have a little more sway.

Ditto Feldt with Arkansas. I think the Razorbacks went to the Sugar Bowl the year he took a redshirt. These two have seen how the inside of a top, winning program's locker room.

A coach telling you things, showing you rings, that is one thing to motivate. But, when you have guys among you, at your level with the same kind of stuff...I just want to see these two step up and lead. Looks like Trice is willing.

McCarney is lucky to have those two in the locker room.

You are just not the same Fake I remember from years past.

• Upvote 1

Where exactly is that video?

And question, if Trice was that good coming out of high school, does anyone know why he transferred out of OU? Just curious.

There was a dust up last spring that OU was bending the rules on off-season workouts. It is said, although not proven, that Trice was the catalyst for the charges.

It's worth noting that several players left OU throughout the 2011, even during the season.

While Bob Stoops may have gotten his "family friendly" ideas for how he treats his assistants from Steve Spurrier, he equally got his "keep the lid on it" with injuries and anything potentially negative from Bill Snyder. He just doesn't address those issues with the press.

My guess is they pulled his scholarship over the incident. Too bad for them, too - injuries to their secondary in the second half of the season led to three losses down the stretch that ruined their chances for a Big 12 and national title.

There was a dust up last spring that OU was bending the rules on off-season workouts. It is said, although not proven, that Trice was the catalyst for the charges.

It's worth noting that several players left OU throughout the 2011, even during the season.

While Bob Stoops may have gotten his "family friendly" ideas for how he treats his assistants from Steve Spurrier, he equally got his "keep the lid on it" with injuries and anything potentially negative from Bill Snyder. He just doesn't address those issues with the press.

My guess is they pulled his scholarship over the incident. Too bad for them, too - injuries to their secondary in the second half of the season led to three losses down the stretch that ruined their chances for a Big 12 and national title.

Interesting...Well, I hope he abides by the rules at UNT and helps turn this program around. Great things can happen if he stays focused and leads by example.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever

And question, if Trice was that good coming out of high school, does anyone know why he transferred out of OU? Just curious.

Playing time, thats what it came down to.. He was on the bottom of the list, they had bigger recruits coming in and was told he wouldnt get the playing time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Playing time, thats what it came down to.. He was on the bottom of the list, they had bigger recruits coming in and was told he wouldnt get the playing time.

He played fine as a freshmen, believe more it was him potentially airing dirty laundry like TFLF mentions

Heres an article for yall to read, this isnt were i know my answers but its good for yall to see

Quote "I’m not leaving because of the workouts. My grades are good. I’m not in trouble off the field or anything like that. I’m just leaving because I want to play. I’m going somewhere where I can get on the field."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110304_92_0_Oklaho473195&r=6302

• Upvote 1

I think he was starting in their special teams, and played corner in their nickel package(s).

As a true frosh at OU! There is no reason for him or any of us to second guess this kid's ability/ceiling.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

Heres an article for yall to read, this isnt were i know my answers but its good for yall to see

Quote "I'm not leaving because of the workouts. My grades are good. I'm not in trouble off the field or anything like that. I'm just leaving because I want to play. I'm going somewhere where I can get on the field."

http://www.tulsaworl...ho473195&r=6302

I call that keeping it PC. I know you disagree.

We've experienced, too. Like certain transfers to SMU who said they were giving up football.

I think he was starting in their special teams, and played corner in their nickel package(s).

As a true frosh at OU! There is no reason for him or any of us to second guess this kid's ability/ceiling.

I dont think anyone is second guessing his abililty... Im his #1 fan, hes a game changer. Yes hell make some mistakes and try to go for the ball and miss, but we need someone to lead this young secondary. Now the other transfer.. not so much

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1